UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hope you get some answers at the doctors Michelle :flowers:

Yes! Summer is finally here :cool: i love it, light mornings, light nights and now we have warmth and sunshine to go with it. Better get the dogs out before it gets too warm though.

(null)

Just taken Rosie for a walk and it's boiling already! I have a blood test booked for 10.50 and the waiting room will be like a sauna...my doc is trying to work out what's causing my Angular Chelitis (look it up!), it's driving me nuts. She's ruled out low iron levels and fungal infections, if it's not low levels of vitamin B, then gods alone know what it is, apart from a pain.

Hope you get to the bottom of it suzeanna :flowers:

The conference call was about our bonuses (or lack of). We aren't getting them this month (which we would normally) as they are reviewing the financial situation, but we "might" get one next month. Not holding my breath. FFS what's the point of giving us savings targets and then when we smash them, not paying us a bonus? Where's the incentive to reach our targets? :rolleyes:

Morning all.

Alex and Steph I think a lot of companies use the recession as an excuse to save money and to frighten/bully staff into going along with it.

Archie is out in the garden sitting on his sheepskin rug with a chicken wing - he's not eating it, just looking at it admiringly and occasionally re-arranging it.

• Like 2

I've just been to see my aunt's new dog - well strictly speaking at the moment he is a foster as he needs some vet treatment and the rescue want to make sure he'll settle. He has had so little experience of the big wide world.

Anyway his new name is Joss - hurrah, a nice choice I think, and he knows it already. My aunt is calling him after a local athlete, Joss Naylor, who is a bit of legend in these parts and she wants to get Joss the dog to the same level of fitness.

Joss is sticking to my aunt's side, she can't turn round that he's not there. He is very fat, you could lay a place setting on his back, but not greedy - the rescues vet thinks that the only pleasure he had in life, a break in the unending monotony of his old life, was a dish of food. With the good weather my aunt is out in her wonderful big garden most of the day and Joss is really enjoying looking round and finding all the different smells.

He is friendly to all people but a little wary of other dogs and takes a defensive stance as soon as he sees one coming. He comes back immediately he is called when out on a walk. Oh he is enjoying his walks! My aunt is taking him on 3 short (for her) walks a day until such time as they can go off for 3 or 4 hours at a time.

I took my camera to take photos of him but found the damned thing had broken :mad:

• Like 1

Afternoon :liebe94:

Hope you both get answers at the GP Michelle and Suzeanna. :flowers:

Bummer Alex, they getting the targets and keeping the dosh too :banghead:

enjoy the sunny day Steph :cool2:

Archie :wub:

Had a very near miss (literally inches) on my way to work this morning. I was going straight over a small roundabout and a man who's car had been stationary on the road approaching on the left, suddenly decided to speed up and try to cross left to right in front of me. One emergency stop later, no damage to either of us, but then he still went to drive past me!! I continued to work and was telling the receptionist about it when a woman from HR came in and said she saw it all as she was right behind me in her car.

Someone asked me if I got angry and told him where to go, but strangely enough, it all seemed to go in slow motion and a calm feeling came over me at the time. :worried_anim:

:wavey: to everyone, hope suzeanna and jacobean feel better soon. We are having a quiet day today catching up on emails and laundry, as we were working yesterday and will be going back this evening to continue the trail tonight. Young beagle lost in acres of cornfields, bless her.

Diesel the ridgeback x popped up again yesterday, whizzed past some people who were out walking and made them jump a bit.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

oh dear, suzeanna and jacobean, i hope you are both on the mend soon

Joss is a lovely name and i will look forward to seeing photos.

Wow Houndzrus, very lucky escape, see thats why i can't have a licence... everyone can make a mistake but to not apologize now in my book that is a hanging offence!

glad diesel is still about!

i am not keeping up too well so sorry if i have missed anyone, had no internet yesterday due to my switch to my new provider, first time i have had to set up my own email and modem but managed it! then had to go over to the hospital as my nan who has terminal cancer was rushed in last night, i haven't seen her since new year (my family is very very complicated!) and she has lost so much weight and looked so small in the bed, she said she felt a bit better though but wants to go home so we have told her to stay put and get put right in one go and not insist on going home too soon. she is doing so well as she was given 6 months to live xmas 2010 and she is still here, her sister was there with her daughter both of whom i have never met... their faces were a picture ... i have cropped hair tattoos and lots of earrings Lol the looks on their faces were brilliant, they asked my dad who i was...like he would take some random person to a hospital to see his ill mum!

• Like 3

Evening.

Fabulous shots San.

That's lousy Alex. I was promised a pay rise 6 months into this job. Let's just say it's been a long six months.

Martyn has gone through a am I being made redundant aren't I being made redundant scenario over the last few months. Some have been others have been shuffled between companies. In April they were told that's it everyone left is now safe. So today there was an announcement. Part of the company is being sold off and a load of the staff who thought they might be going may not have a job with the new company. Talk about your life in their hands.

Hope you got on ok Suzeanna

Marge thank goodness you're ok!

Bless Joss. Good times only from now on.

Seems a bit chilier tonight. Went shopping after work for some much needed works trousers.