UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Everything crossed for Martyn's job.

Hope you are feeling better soon Steph :flowers:

Pie sounds yummy Marion :)

Tis quite normal for water to drip when you have had the air con on in the car Alex :flowers:

Can't remember if I posted on here, but for Christmas we bought mum a bird box with a live feed camera in it. Anyway, a little blue tit made a nest in it and laid some eggs. Today the eggs have hatched. The baby birds are a bit ugly though :laugh:

Had my first day at my part time job yesterday. Had a lovely day - as much tea as I can drink and they even bought me an ice cream! It's such a relaxed place to work!

• Like 2

Evening

Sounds good Gooster. Really pleased for you

Steph you have my sympathy. Touch wood since working back in Warrington my hay fever hasn't been so bad. I know how awful it can be and I have got one of those up your nose jobs which Martyn laughed at. I honestly couldn't say if it helped or not.

Marge be careful in this heat. Can only imagine what you have to deal and cope with on a daily basis.

Well I've been sat freezing in my coat all day. Yes you did read that right. Cos we haven't got any windows and my office is in the back of beyond in the building it was blooming cold as usual. Now I'm sweltering. Got Scoobs home and shoved a damp cloth on him to cool him down.

My bosses have excelled themselves this week and are doing a good job of pushing me to keep with the studying.

• Like 1

Gooster. how exciting!

Marge, your post brought back memories of one client in my days as home carer. I will spare you the details as some Fugees may be eating as they read this, nuff said.

I meant the baby birds, but also glad you are enjoying your job. Nice to be appreciated.

ooooooooooooooooo those birdies are luffly!!!! glad you had a nice day at your new job.

eugggghhhh Houndzrus that sounds awful...both counts really although i understand the lady with mental issues as my nan is schizophrenic so we are well used to technology related issues involving aliens and voices talking to her.

Jacobean we have swamp coolers here for the dogs, they are expensive at the time but have deffo paid off.

i have to do yet another awful thing, this is the third time i will have had to do this to my dad, my aunty has just rung, my nan had a scan today and it is bad news, there are growths collapsing her lungs and her osaephagus (sp) which is why she can't get food down and it is now in her liver....... as soon as my dad gets back i have to tell him, i will never understand how my aunty always times it so he is out, first time she was diagnosed with cancer i had to tell him, then when she was diagnosed terminal and now again.... i think i best have some beer

Really sorry Griff. Hugs to you all

Forgot the other bit of news. Dad is moving to the retirement home next week, as soon as they have got his special bed sorted. I rang current nursing home to be told he visited it yesterday. He told me Saturday he would probably go for it as it's very close to his and stepmothers home.

Edited by Jacobean
  • Like 1

morning all

Ive had a fantastic dog trainer come and sort out 'the twins' ruby and mouse. on the second visit, she had them walking nicely next to my scooter,so yesterday I did it! I walked them on my own! yyeeaaaa

love to all, sorry im not keeping up but im thinking of each and every one of you xxx

• Like 1

I've got a fan blowing on me in the office so am okay at the moment. It's a bit later when the sun is on this side that I start to look and feel like an oven read turkey.

Contemplating taking the afternoon off, just cos I feel like it.

thanks everyone, it wasn't like we weren't expecting her to get worse but my dad says that the change in her in a week was unbelievable, i just hope they can keep her comfortable and get her home as thats what she wants.

Jacobean i hope your dad moves to his new place and is settled..... shame he wouldn't come closer to you though.

Merledogs i order you to take the afternoon off!!!it is too nice to be in an office! i had laney in the vets this morning and one of the nurses lives round the corner from me and she was chatting to me this morning, i told her to call in sick and i would say i saw her and how poorly she looked Lol to make things worse she has to work tomorrow too.

Jazz, glad the dogs have decided to walk beside your scooter

i had to have the fan on last night as it was so hot.... not moaning though as it makes a pleasant change from being cold!

I had my assessment for counselling this morning. It was horrible, having to tell a complete stranger stuff I've never ever spoken about. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Did I mention how horrible it was? I cried and snotted my way through the whole hour I was there. I don't do talking about stuff. Not sure how helpful it's going to be. I think I frightened the poor bloke!

I have a large amount of chocolate to cheer me up, Emily is home from her 3 day long school trip and tomorrow it's Eurovision :elefant:

In other exciting news, my cats are getting a baby brother in five weeks time. He's grey, his mum is a British Blue Shorthair and he's totally scrummy. We're having fun discussing names for him :wub: Well, when I say we, I mean me and the girls. There's no need to alarm Mr Hazell yet :D