UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Lots and lots going on. Hugs to lots of people here and I promise to try harder to catch up and keep up.

Today we are going for a family pub lunch for my birthday and I thought I had clothes to wear...I don't :-( all the exercise I have done seems to have made my bum and thighs a size larger than they were...I have managed to squeeze into a pair of shorts...and will have to get rid of three pairs of summer trousers and five pairs of shorts...in the grand scheme of things this is ok, but I thought I was getting a better *shape* but clearly not. At this rate I'll be having to sew my own clothes as I can't fit into shop clothes.

Happy Birthday Murtle! :circle: A pub lunch sounds a very nice way to celebrate it today.

How come I keep getting emails about this FB Eurovision party - I hate flippin Eurovision!

Alex I wish I was fit enough to do jobs around the garden like you. I get jealous every time you and the other gardeners say what you've been doing. Our garden is a disgrace. Ruby shows no inclination to do anything with it yet she used to love being out there pottering. I would have thought a spot of gardening would have been a good foil to the depression :worried_anim:

Ah well - at least little Archie enjoys his mini jungle. He's out there now on his sheepskin rug with his erstwhile plant pot at his side. He's given it a good thrashing but the sun has come round now so they have called a truce and both of them are both resting until it gets cooler when I expect hostilities will re-commence :rolleyes:

Happy birthday Murtle :partytime:

I hate Eurovision as well, but don't tell Marge or Bejo :ph34r:

Sorry Ruby's no better. It is a shame because like you said, it can be good for depression. I like it because it just takes my mind off everything else, very relaxing. Plus the benefits are there to see and enjoy. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing plants grow and thrive when you've given them a bit of tlc. The only trouble is when it gets to September I go into miserable mode again until the following February :rolleyes:

I even managed to grow my first cutting - from a Buddleia which is in a planter. I just snipped the end off, removed most of the leaves, dipped it in rooting hormone and shoved it in the compost next to the mother plant and it seems to be growing (mind you they do grow everywhere so it's not something which a more experienced gardener would get excited about). I've also got some Fuchsia cuttings from other members of the gardening forum I frequent and they seem to be coming on nicely on the kitchen windowsill. Can't wait for my Fuchsias to start flowering (they are mainly ickle babies still). I've had to cover one of my planters with some wire fencing because Lily cat decided that's where she wanted to sunbathe and ended up squishing the baby Fuchsias.

Happy birthday Murtle, i was the same after the physios got hold of me.... none of my clothes fit and i wasn't happy about it at all! have a lovely lunch..... don't know if you have a matalan nearby but they have some lovely shorts and summer stuff in at a decent price.

Jacobean, i am not a frequent visitor at the hospital as she is in warwick which is a little way from here and the buses stop at about 6pm so although i could get there i couldn't get back. My aunty is keeping us up to speed as last time i rang the hospital the nurse was horrid to me..... i appreciate they are busy but i only wanted to see if she was o.k. they have moved her room, she is still on her own but not in such a good position so she can't people watch.

hmmmmmm Eurovision well i am not sure i like or dislike it, i like watching all the crap ones and laughing at them but that is it really, i don't know why we keep sending acts to enter as even if we sent take that (or another hoooge act) we wouldn't win...big waste of money

quote name='phoebejo' timestamp='1338025277' post='933798'

Scorchio here too. Mr Hazell is planning a hair cut, then we're having a picnic in the park, he's cooking dinner and then it's EUROVISION Vote Jedward

"see" you later :cheer:

quote name='Jacobean' timestamp='1338028812' post='933801'

Don't know what your doing at the allotment when you're supposed to be sorting out the party food for us Marge. Tut.

quote]

quote name='Mags' timestamp='1338034117' post='933802'

And collecting me from the airport

We'll be ready, I've sent a car for Mags :cool02:

I had a lovely nap, then mowed the back lawn. I should really do something else but I'm too hot at the moment, so am cooling down with a strawberry split lick%20icecream.gif

I am liking the ice cream smiley.

How come I keep getting emails about this FB Eurovision party - I hate flippin Eurovision!

Oopsie , apologies Marion, I thought I hadn't invited you, but I just looked and I had ticked the wrong person. :blush02: I have deleted you from the list, but please shout up if you get any more emails, as once the party starts there will be loads of them! :ph34r_anim:

:wub_anim: Archie.

marion, is there no way you could have even a small part of your garden done as low maintenance? I got very depressed about the front garden as we never seemed to have the time to mow the lawn and do the borders. It's so much better now, since I put gravel down and have just a few plants.

I didn't know it was Mary's birthday! Enjoy!. :thumbsup_anim:

I hate Eurovision as well, but don't tell Marge or Bejo

I even managed to grow my first cutting - from a Buddleia which is in a planter. I just snipped the end off, removed most of the leaves, dipped it in rooting hormone and shoved it in the compost next to the mother plant and it seems to be growing (mind you they do grow everywhere so it's not something which a more experienced gardener would get excited about). I've also got some Fuchsia cuttings from other members of the gardening forum I frequent and they seem to be coming on nicely on the kitchen windowsill. Can't wait for my Fuchsias to start flowering (they are mainly ickle babies still). I've had to cover one of my planters with some wire fencing because Lily cat decided that's where she wanted to sunbathe and ended up squishing the baby Fuchsias.

I can see you Alex! :laughingsmiley:

Glad your cuttings are doing well.

TBH I am not keen on Eurovison if it was just us watching it, BUT, the online get together is great fun and we have a laugh about the silliest things, most of which is not the songs. :laughingsmiley:

Bit of excitement on the allotment today. We were having lunch and so were our plot neighbours. Then one of them said "wow look at all those flies" We turned round to see a huge swarm of bees flying right at us!! Well, we all :run4hills: :run4hills:

(Our sheds) as the black cloud of bees descended on us. Keith, Cherry and me were ok, but Jack had his bone and couldn't understand why I was pulling his collar

Then suddenly it was all over, they were actually just flying by and thankfully, none of us were stung. Our neighbours did make me laugh though, running off still clutching their mugs of tea. Can't have been much in them by the time they reached their shed.

The bees belong to anothe plot holder over the other side of the lotty. They make honey and sell it on site.

Jacobean, i am not a frequent visitor at the hospital as she is in warwick which is a little way from here and the buses stop at about 6pm so although i could get there i couldn't get back. My aunty is keeping us up to speed as last time i rang the hospital the nurse was horrid to me..... i appreciate they are busy but i only wanted to see if she was o.k. they have moved her room, she is still on her own but not in such a good position so she can't people watch.

That's a shame that you can't get to Warwick as often as you would like to. I agree about Matalan, they do have some nice summery clothes. Not that I've been there though, it's the women at work keep getting new stuff. :rolleyes_anim:

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Murtle :elefant: clearly only the best people are born on this day ;)

I am also very jealous of the gardeners, my gardens are both shocking! Hayfever and lack of money put me off gardening, I'd just like a fairy to wave her wand and I'd magically have a lovely garden :rolleyes:

(null)

Errmmm, Ms Knees, isn't it your birthday today?

I've been moving lots of plants and put them underneath the pergola because they are wilting in this sun. At least they'll have some shade now.

Marge can you remove me as well please cos I keep getting emails (at the Alex Merle profile) :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Happy Birthday Kittycat!!!!! best thing i ever did for both gardens was bark chips, low maintenance (except topping up every so often as they rot) and instant impact!

Houndzrus you should pop into matalan, i could quite easily spend a fortune, they have some great summer dresses for £8 but as i live in trainers i would look daft.

i have boycotted eurovision this year on the grounds of azebajan's human rights issues, did see a clip of jedwards song and thought it seemes like fun...although they iritate the hell out of me! enjoy the party!!!

We've got the football on and it's boring. Got bitten in the garden by something that's sucked my blood cheeky beggar. Have had a big clean up of part of the house and intend to do the same tomorrow. Am having a weekend free of any type of visiting (although scoobs swimming was an error on my part as I didn't realise the time, wasn't dressed and he had to go) to get my house (literally) in order. Feel better already.

• Like 1

Hope you both had a good birthday Murtle and Kittycat :cheer:

We have had a lovely time at the welcome home party for ickle Daisy beagle at Elvaston Castle country park. There were rather a lot of sossidges and sossidge rolls, to the delight of all beagles and honorary beagles (e.g. Wispa). There was a lovely meeting between Wispa and Daisy, they just wanted to kiss each other :luvlove: Wispa loves to meet the dog she has been searching for, and Daisy is such a tiny beagle that Wispa probably thought she was a pup. The little thing has had a major personality change. A timid, nervous ex-puppy-farm girl slipped her harness and legged it on Sunday, and a calm, confident, happy little girl turned up yesterday. No weight loss, obviously done a bit of hunting, not a care in the world unlike her worried people who are still reeling from the whole business. They couldn't believe that she was going forward to greet humans and dogs at the picnic which she would never have done before.

And Bones the husky was seen today, first sighting in 3 weeks, looking thin though.

• Like 2