UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

I had a nice nap, drilled some holes in the wall and re-attached a tie back hook which had come off, changed the bedding, shoved a wash in, sorted out a bag of stuff from the junk front room which is now binned and then had a shower and gave Max speshul cuddles.

Am settling down for the evening. I would open the wine but I've brushed my toothy pegs so it wouldn't taste very nice. Will wait until I have my dinner (steak, chips, mushrooms, tomatoes, yum).

Owl - I'm with suzeanna, the chocolate wouldn't have made it as far as yours.

Edited by merledogs

Back in from nursing home. Dad has been offered a place at a retirement home temporarily while his future is sorted out. He's going to have a look and see what he thinks early in the week. He thought he was going to a home permanently so I have told him it's temporary while his home wherever that may be is sorted out. He seemed surprised at this and while on one hand was saying stepmother was now going to adapt their home (which we all know she isn't) but planning permission takes months to go through (what for the minor things that need doing?) but was saying the the social worker etc were implying that he was going into a home for the rest of his days. So I had no option but to say something again. I was a bit naughty and said I thought they were both moving into a flat. (as that's what he spouted out at the meeting I attended with physios, social worker & latterly him) Oh no he says dotty is sorting it all out. Yeah right. So I said have you mentioned this to the nursing home? Nope. So the only option they have at the moment is to move you to a retirement home as you are in limbo so the sooner you tell them the house is being sorted they can tell you what exactly is needed and you can go back home sooner. Martyn piped up you and dotty need to have a meeting with the social worker and tell them of your plans so they can help you achieve them. They want you to go home whether it is at your last residence or somewhere else as they want you to have an independant life with assisted care in place. So I'm hoping he has the conversation with Dotty tomorrow because he has been told his position now.

Good luck Jo and Bed.

Have a fab weekend Marge.

We went for a walk somewhere new today and Gypsy became very neurotic and cried, bounced, played up the whole time :rolleyes: think we'll stick to our regular walks in future.

Got a bargain off EBay today, refurbed Dyson vacuum for £45 :biggrin: my floors were filthy :ohmy: don't know what my old Hoover thought it was doing

(null)

Hope everyone is ok, have read back but don't want to miss anyone out :flowers:

Had my last day at work today, I got 4 boxes of chocolates from various groups of staff and a giant millies cookie from all the team. I also got 4 cards - I had no idea I was so well liked :) One of the guys who works in the lab said that I'm one of the few bright stars in the place and now I'm going, the place won't be the same :)

• Like 4

Ive started selling my grooming products on Ebay until I can get the e-shop on my website sorted. I may have got ridiculously excited when someone bought a can of doggie deodorant lol :pinkie:

Woke up with a sore back today. Must have jinxed myself when I said I hadnt had any trouble with it recently.

• Like 1

Colleague at work's sister (to whom she is very close) has a brain tumour and has been having treatment for over six months now. Turns out that her husband has been having an affair with her best friend. He's also used the money from her critical life insurance to book a holiday for him and his fancy woman and bought her some new furniture. Absolute scumbag.

Alex that's bloody awful! I hope his dick rots and falls off. And as for the best friend - so called! I can't even find the words to begin to describe her :mad:

Amy good luck with your online selling :cheer:

Tis a beautiful day here too.

Turns out that he has used the money to pay the deposit on a flat as well. However, his fancy piece has now said she doesn't want him and is making a go of it with her husband. Karma's a bitch innit? His wife will no doubt have him back as she is very vulnerable at the moment :(