UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Thanks folks. I am just hoping the funeral will take place before I depart for New Year in Scotland next Friday as I would like to go to pay my respects.

My friend was fine last night and was sending texts on her mobile to all her friends. She went quickly and quietly in her sleep in the early hours. Typical of her to make a quick unobtrusive exit.

I am doing my festive food shop online and Tesco are delivering it tomorrow. Easy peasy.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to all those who need them.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so sorry for your friend Marion :mecry: :GroupHug:

Glad of your good news Michelle :flowers:

:flowers: :GroupHug: For those who need them, I just lost my long reply :angry:

I've finished work now :biggrin: I managed to not have any emergencies crop up, no people being nasty AND caught up a little on spreadsheets, appraisals and 1-2-1 paperwork. Still lots to do when I go back, but at least there are no niggling worries to keep me awake between now and then.

Tesco are coming between 6 &7 and I have an order to be collected from the local butcher tomorrow. I had a quick flit round Tesco and Aldi, for just a couple of items and was still home before 2pm. :biggrin:

I have got the Christmas decs out, found a tree and a reindeer, but apart from that the rest are pretty naff and falling to bits. i think I will box them back up and put them away again :laugh:

Off to relax in the bath for a while, :cool:

What a beautiful day it is today. Have had a couple of lovely walks in the sunshine.

Never heard of that food Alex but I had to take my lot off Autarky a while back because it started to upset their tums too. They're on James Wellbeloved at the mo and they get some of our stuff that I know agrees with them. I do worry whether they're getting all they need on dried food but I guess in the old days we used to feed them on crap.

It is indeed a lovely day (for a change).

I don't worry so much whether the dried food gives them what they need - used to worry more about that when I fed them exclusively on a homemade diet. They do still get my homemade stuff mixed in with it - just to add in more protein and water and make it a bit more tasty flowers.gif

Just heard that my friend with the ovarian cancer died this morning mecry.gif

I'm so so sorry, I really hope you can see her off before you go to Scotland Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Suzeanna - I feel your pain! Have to go back out to brave Sainsburys tomorrow rolleyes.gif

Owl - hope you get Polly's meds balanced soon flowers.gif

Jayne - I thought it might be a bug as several of them had it, but a few days on dried food only and Manuka Honey every morning sorted them out. Last night was the first night since then that I'd added anything in to their food (although it was just mince and a tiny bit of bolognese sauce). They did have a few treats as well but again, homemade ones which didn't have any carp in.

Merledogs haven't heard of that dog food... could they have changed the recipe of the autarkay?

It's Costco's own Super Premium brand. I feed the cats on the Kirkland stuff and they really love it (although I have to carefully control portion sizes as they put on weight with it really easily.

I had Googled the ingredients before I decided to try it and it seemed like a decent food and quite reasonably priced (although more than double what the Autarky costs in Costco). It's about £29 for over 18 kilos, whereas the Autarky is less than £13 for 15 kilos.

Anyway I gave the dogs a nibble of a few bits each and they loved it. They've had some mixed in with the remainder of the Autarky for their tea and they nomnomnomed it down.

Afternoon all :flowers:

So sorry for your friend Marion :mecry:

Louie had a sensitive tum. He has problems with chicken. Louie loves chicken. Chicken unfortunately doesnt love Louie :laugh: Hes fed on JWB lamb and rice and it suits him down to a tee. He has a shiny coat and good muscle layer so he always has that as his base food. I avoid all chicken dog foods and treats. He do have a small amount of meat every so often.

Still one more day in work tomorrow. Boo! Hopefully can leave a bit early.

Jayne I know how you feel. Ive been on my own 6 years and although I still live at home I can still feel lonely at times as if something isnt right with me as people around me are settling down getting married and/or having kids. Then I realise there are lots of people just like me out there as well. They said Facebook was the worst invention for making people feel lonely as people make out their lives are far more wonderful than they actually are alot of the time. :GroupHug:

Edited by lil_angel

I've done my Christmas shopping and made a very Noob mistake! OH wanted a game for the kinect but Game didn't have it in so ended up buying two different ones to compensate £80 later I stroll over to HMV where they had it for £17 so I bought that as well

oops :unsure:

Feel better after my bath, though I wold be in my jim jams if The Tesco man wasn't due. Dogs fed and so will i be once my chips have finished cooking. Got BLT to go with it. :D

im so sorry about your friend :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

the dogs are on royal canin complete and butchers tins

the back door is closed, so let them out if they ask, and every few hours, upped it from every hour.

the main problem is in the night. last night I heard ruby jump off lewis'bed, shoot downstairs, then straight back up. she had pooed. not asked, I wouldnt have had time to get up if id have tryed. its so annoying

I've done my Christmas shopping and made a very Noob mistake! OH wanted a game for the kinect but Game didn't have it in so ended up buying two different ones to compensate £80 later I stroll over to HMV where they had it for £17 :mecry: so I bought that as well :rolleyes:

If you've got the receipt, take em back flowers.gif

Jazz . It may be something in the Royal Canin which is irritating the stomach, such as wheat gluten? There are better foods out there which are cheaper. Have you tried any of the Arden Grange foods, which are hypoallergenic (and better and cheaper than RC) flowers.gif

Morning :wavey:

RMF : I am hitting Sainsburys today - wish me luck unsure.gif

Been up all night with Polly, who has been unconscious for most of it. Rallied at 3 am but v agitated, fitted again at 4 and been out of it ever since. Talked to emergency vet on phone. She has gone downhill so fast over the past few days that it seems there is only one way to go, in view of her age. Her breathing is not right now. Vet would have come out in night but she seemed not to be in pain so after discussion we decided to keep her comfortable and leave a decision until morning.

And while I was writing that she struggled awake and collapsed, she is off her feet. I've been battling with the decision all night, but it is clearly time to do the right thing :mecry: If she had been younger, we might have hung on and tried whatever we could, but my poor old lady has had enough. Wish her a peaceful journey.

Wispa is very sad, she loves Polly.