UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Owl it is awful to see your dog fit and I think the first time is possibly the worst. I really wouldn't worry too much about Polly at this stage.George went for years un-medicated and had maybe just 2 or 3 fits a year for the first couple of years or so. Some dogs can have one fit and then never have another. I hope Polly is in that category flowers.gif

Steph I shall wait patiently for the new year then biggrin.gif

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening on this blooming cold night.

Got loads done today and came away feeling I'm very lucky to have my job. I can make it my own in time.

Scary stuff with your work mate Alex. Sorry you're feeling poorly :GroupHug:

Glad you found a course you fancy Marge :flowers:

So sorry to hear Polly had a fit Phebe and hope it's a one off :GroupHug:

Thanks for letting us know how your mum is getting on Snow. Hope she does better on the chemo this week. Thinking of you all :GroupHug:

BIL has cancer and went into hospital on Monday to have 2 lumps removed. Sadly there were complications and the lumps have been left. He starts chemotherapy this week. Unfortunately he's in his 70's has quite serious heart trouble & is diabetic so I'm not sure how well he's going to be. He's stuck in hospital for a while now and will be convalescing somewhere after that for a couple of weeks. The hospital in Ipswich couldn't care for him so he's stuck in Norwich and my sister doesn't drive. She's going to see him tomorrow.

MIL is struggling with her breathing and still waiting for her scan which is supposed to be in the next couple of weeks. So we still don't know what caused the heart attack and I'm now worried she might have lung cancer.

Dad went in his for pre-op visit today. His op is next Friday. He can hardly walk now and keeps falling over but has a really good positive attitude to his op and we can only hope it does the trick as otherwise there is nothing wrong with him. So I'm trooping over there again tomorrow to give them both a lift and walk the dog who is probably going stir crazy.

Love the mugs Steph. I've been toying with the idea of a stall to sell my toys but I'm really struggling time wise to even think about it. Hope it goes well for you :flowers:

:GroupHug: to Owl, must have been so scary for you :flowers:

:GroupHug: to Michelle and family

My car as well as needing new tyres on Tuesday, has now decided to have a broken turbo :angry: it sounds like it's about to take off but has no power :unsure: Went round to mum and dad's, dad listened to it and said it sounds like a pipe has come off the turbo somewhere. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

My camera is a little Fujifilm one - they are extremely hardwearing even if you put it on the bonnet of the car, drive off and then have to drive 2 miles back looking for it in the gutter.

Oops laugh.gif

Owl -sending gentle squishes for Polly Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Michelle - sending positive/healing thoughts for your poorly relatives, it's a lot to deal with all at once Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Julia - good luck at your interview flowers.gif

Steph - good luck at the fair flowers.gif

Morning :tired: Had a nice long sleep biggrin.gif

RMF : The mousepad on my laptop is going a bit dodgy. I hope the lappy doesn't clap out, I can't afford a new one.

Edited by merledogs

I didn't think it was that cold today, but I soon changed my mind when walking the dogs in horizontal freezing rain and very cold ears.

Breakfast - toasted crusty bread, crispy bacon, fried eggs and brown and red sauce mixed together, nomnomnom.

Edited by merledogs

kittycat - what fabulous news to start a weekend on, so will you be helping her pack? :biggrin:

Marge - glad the camera is rather robust :laugh:

Alex, your meals make me very hungry!

Fingers crossed for poorly cars being cheap to fix :flowers:

I went out for dinner last night, family meal as Mom has retired. Not sure why I go, we always end up at expensive restaurants with no veggie option. For the cost of the meal and travel, we could have gone away for a break :mecry: it wouldn't be so bad if it was a *good* night...but they never are, if you'd like a restaurant to avoid Les Deux Salons in Covent Garden is one! Ben has said I have to choose the restaurant next time or we aren't going.

What beautiful sunny weather we have at the moment, an improvement on the winds and rain last night!

ruddy hell!

I appealed the parking ticket, have had a letter saying ive got to pay it! £35 down the drain, for picking up my glasses on a sunday

have you had a look on this forum to see if they can help?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

My Sister got the apartment :partytime: and will be moving out next Saturday biggrin.gif

:partytime: woohoo :partytime:

For the cost of the meal and travel, we could have gone away for a break :mecry: it wouldn't be so bad if it was a *good* night...but they never are, if you'd like a restaurant to avoid Les Deux Salons in Covent Garden is one! Ben has said I have to choose the restaurant next time or we aren't going.

I hate when that happens. Partly why I never go out, I think for all that money which is going straight down my throat, I could have a new pair of wellies, cushions, etc. Never used to think like that, I must be getting old rolleyes.gifmecry.gif

Max just went to get on the bed by the fire which Timmy was on. Normally I only have to look at Timmy, or beckon him with my finger and he's straight over for a cuddle, so I called him to come for a cuddle while Max had a go by the fire. Timmy didn't budge - not daft is he? laugh.gif He does love his fire wub.gif

Blimey just been reading back.

Michelle sending you lots of :GroupHug: as you have lots going on

Good luck with the interview Gemstone and :GroupHug: for the funeral.

Owl, :ohmy: hope puplet is ok and doesn't scare you again (and gentle squishy cuddles for puplet)

Kittycat - those mugs are fab.

Alex, I must be old too!! Though I don't mind paying for a nice meal, but these rarely are. This restaurant had one veggie dish, it was pasta with wild mushrooms cooked in olive oil (as I can't eat cream) for the bargain price of £15.95 (don't think big plate :rolleyes: ). Luckily I had eaten before going which is a common occurrence on these outings too otherwise I starve!

Sorry if i've missed anyone / thing.

:GroupHug: Polly

Michelle, I know you don't do hugs, but you have a lot to deal with just now. :flowers:

Hello Julia, good luck for the interview. :biggrin:

Very nommy breakfast Alex :D

Sorry about your car Jane, :GroupHug:

oops Georgina! :laugh:

Yay for you Steph!

Blimey Jazz! :ohmy:

I agree Murtle, I hate paying over the odds for food, people can be so snobby about it too. Look how lamb shanks and sausage and mash have suddenly been elevated to posh nosh. :rolleyes:

I only go to my works do because we have it at lunchtime and the firm pays :wink:

Busy old morning. Many loads of washing done and made chilli and rice for when we get back from Westonbirt tomorrow. It's a long day, so it's good to have a nice warm dinner ready to heat up.

Shampooing the rugs too, borrowed a vax from a friend. The biggest rug is hanging over the bannister to dry out properly and the others are scattered about on airers.

Tonight's dinner has been prepped and I have an upside down pear sponge cake baking in the oven. We were given the pears and so I thought it only proper that something yummy was done with them.

I love comfort food :biggrin:

Edited by houndzrus