UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

:wavey: morning

I usually like my staff parties but the new management team aren't the type of people I want to work with let alone go out drinking with!

My sister is having another house viewing tonight, she sounds very determined that this is the one she wants so fingers crossed it all goes well. They could be out for next week :elefant:

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're having our Xmas works dinner on 16th December starting in the afternoon so I'll be able to leave gracefully early on. Going to a restaurant in town I've never heard of.

Have fun, at least you can leave early. :flowers:

Have booked a few days away with my Mum to Vienna. Im slightly excited :elefant:

:biggrin:

Have just ordered my exam. It tickles me that the manual based exams are received by computer and done online and at the end I get the result immediately. The computerised based ones are ordered online but sent as paper versions in the post. I then complete on the paperwork received and post it back to them. I then can wait for my result for up to a month. The 2 exams for the final level are exactly the same. Is it me?

That's progress for you :laugh:

RMF : It's getting colder, so today I will be getting some Calor gas so me and the furries can have the fire on. They'll all be vying for the best position

Cherry's the only one who hogs the heat here, Jack always seems to be warm. :rolleyes:

I officially turned the dog/cat watching in S.A down yesterday but I was told there will be other opportunities

:biggrin:

Day off today, so getting some card writing out of the way and posting before the rush.

Phoned the scholl regarding the art course. Enrollment is 5th Jan! :biggrin:

My cheapie camera has arrived and is so good, I think it's brill. So tiny too, and a Fuji, so I am used to the controls. :biggrin: I will be testing out at Westonbirt on Sunday :wink:

prod_113067.jpg

Enjoy your new camera Marge flowers.gif

Don't know why, but I have been reading through Max's thread from when he was really poorly. Can't believe I nearly lost him :( but three years later he's still here with me wub.gif I may have blubbed in the office while I was ready it rolleyes.gif

Not feeling too hot (bug going round the office) so am going to work from home this afo.

RMF : I poisoned my colleague this morning ohmy.gif I brought some Danish pastries in for brekkie and she had one. Apparently she's allergic to Macadamia nuts and the Danish must have come into contact with one, so she started turning red and struggling to breathe ohmy.gif Thankfully it calmed down after she took a couple of antihistamines. Dunno about her, but I nearly had a bluddy heart attack ohmy.gif

Enjoy your new camera Marge flowers.gif

Don't know why, but I have been reading through Max's thread from when he was really poorly. Can't believe I nearly lost him :( but three years later he's still here with me wub.gif I may have blubbed in the office while I was ready it rolleyes.gif

Not feeling too hot (bug going round the office) so am going to work from home this afo.

RMF : I poisoned my colleague this morning ohmy.gif I brought some Danish pastries in for brekkie and she had one. Apparently she's allergic to Macadamia nuts and the Danish must have come into contact with one, so she started turning red and struggling to breathe ohmy.gif Thankfully it calmed down after she took a couple of antihistamines. Dunno about her, but I nearly had a bluddy heart attack ohmy.gif

Three years? I remember the ups and downs. It was nothing short of miraculous that he got better. :biggrin:

Hope you feel better for working from home today :flowers:

Eek for the poisoning! :ohmy: :unsure:

I am home, via Morrisons garage to pick up some Calor gas. Taffy and Timmy are ensconsed on the beds by the fire and I am on the sofa with Beau and Max wub.gif My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool wacko.gif

ETA : Couple more poos when I came home (Timmy, not me tongue.gif) but thankfully I had put towels/throws down so not on the rug. He seems to be okay if I give him a bit of Zantac, so I am going to try him on Manuka honey and if he doesn't improve (assuming it's him) then I'll take him to the vet.

Edited by merledogs

ohmy.gif oh my Alex, I bet that was scary! Hope Timmy's tummy gets better soon flowers.gif

New camera looks fab Marge, I got a bit fed up of lugging my camera around for snap shots and such and bought a small fuji one, it's great biggrin.gif

I am so excited, I know I've told you about the fair I'm doing, well I've been really concerned that my stuff won't sell and that I'm going to end up out of pocket, well the printers have just sent me some pictures of the mugd I ordered for printing.cool.gif

PC020059.jpg

PC020061.jpg

I don't care anymore if they don't sell, I think they look so good that at least I'll have a really cool mug set in my cupboards laugh.gif

Edited by kittycat

Definitely think those mugs will sell :flowers:

I have only skimmed through the last few days of posts :flowers: :GroupHug: :biggrin: :mecry: as needed to everyone I have overlooked.

I'm back from Wales again where I have been the past few days - fingers crossed I dont have to go back again until 14th Dec - mum is OK... well as Ok as she could really expect to be, most of her hair fell out this week bless her and shes still looking frail (wayyyyy too thin) but she is at least trying to eat and yesterday on our way back from the hospital we popped into Lidls and she came in with me and went round the store doing a bit of Xmas shopping thats the first time shes been "out" other than to the hospital since starting chemo. She tires very easily and unfortunately they had to put the PICC line in her right arm so that makes things difficult for her as shes not really supposed to use that arm much. He washer dryer has packed up so thats something else needing sorting - it washes but no longer dries. I did all the hoovering & changed the beds this morning so thats done and should be fine for a few days now. Shes now going to be on her own until Tuesday, but she insisted she was fine and for me to come home today instead of tomorrow (though my aunt isnt happy about it :rolleyes: ) mums getting cross with my aunt "bullying" her and treating her like an idiot - I owned up and told her about my fight with my aunt and what had been said about me quitting my job etc. and mum said that was utterly ridiculous I can't do that and she will be well again by spring so what would be the point? Mum has her moments - she is by no means well, shes weak and fragile and has recurring mouth ulcers which make swallowing anything really painful but I CAN see her trying her best to keep eating & drinking. The test will be if shes well enough for chemo on Thursday if she stops eating when theres no one there keeping an eye on her then we'll know by the blood test results.

Shes due chemo 22nd Dec which could be really bad timing if she were to have a bad reaction to it like she did the first time, its been agreed that my aunt will do 22/23 we'll do 24/25 and my brother will do 26th/27th and then my aunt will take over, that way we all get "some" of Xmas it means I wont see Nick & Vicky until late on boxing day but we'll have the rest of "xmas week" at home.

I'm flipping knackered again now .... I just tried to play bubblewitch and couldn't concentrate enough to even pop some bubbles :wacko:

New camera looks fab Marge, I got a bit fed up of lugging my camera around for snap shots and such and bought a small fuji one, it's great

PC020059.jpg

PC020061.jpg

I don't care anymore if they don't sell, I think they look so good that at least I'll have a really cool mug set in my cupboards

That's what I wanted too Steph, this one is smaller than my little Lumix and will fit in my purse :ohmy:

Great mugs. I'm sure they will sell too, when is the fair? :unsure:

Hope you're still tucked up in the warm Alex :flowers:

It feels like a Sunday here now, I am totally confused :wacko: jack woke us up before 5am this morning, he was wide awake and full of bounciness. I hope he sleeps tonight! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your mum is slightly better Snow flowers.gif

Those mugs are fabulous Ms Knees biggrin.gif Where/when is the fair you're selling them at and will you be sticking some online cos I bet they'd go a treat on Fleabay, especially in the run up to Christmas? flowers.gif

I am about to watch Holby in iPlayer and by the time that's finished, Pointless will be on. I luffs Alexander Armstrong wub.gif

Animals all fed. It's flippin perishing here, we even had SLEET this morning ohmy.gif

Thanks for the update Snow. So good to hear your mum is doing a little better. I shall continue sending positive thoughts for her flowers.gif

Steph I LOVE your mugs! Do you have an "I love my rescue dog" by any chance coz I would love to buy one. I think you will do very well at the fair flowers.gif

The Mary Berry Christmas-cake-in-a-bag has been mixed up and is now in the oven. It smells pretty damned good biggrin.gif

sorry Snow, missed your update, still sending positive thoughts for your mum :flowers:

I will be round about seven for the cake Marion :wink:

Alex, Aldi have thermals on offer at the moment. Nice thin material for people wot ski. I've got some today, keep the cold out a treat :biggrin:

Edited by houndzrus

Thanks for the update Snow, been thinking about you and your mum :flowers:

Mugs are great Steph :flowers:

Just ordered some new tyres for my car, had to buy 4 so it has cost me £432 including fitting :mecry: Thankfully I have been paying a small amount into a savings account over the last 12 months, so will use that to buy them. Damn winter... It'd better snow once I have my new tyres :angry: :rolleyes: :laugh:

My camera is a little Fujifilm one - they are extremely hardwearing even if you put it on the bonnet of the car, drive off and then have to drive 2 miles back looking for it in the gutter.

I currently have one ginger and white dog (Bo), one black and white dog (Reggie), two dogs with white above the plimsoll line and brown underneath due to mud (Jed and China) and there is a ball of mud wandering around the house which I believe conceals Cassie Cavalier - she got filthy, I got her to run through the long grass which cleaned her off, then she ran back through the mud. Who said Cavaliers are delicate little lapdogs?

Finally got around to signing out as CARE and signing in as me yesterday, so will try to post more...

Your mum is very brave, snow. Hope she continues to improve. :GroupHug:

Congratulations to Loobie on getting the job.

It has turned very cold here. The 3 mini horses are in the field shelter which their mum Becky built for them today. 2 more are coming soon. Wispa loves them :wub:

We had a shock this afternoon. I take Polly for short walks along the road a few times a day. Trotted her out early afternoon, and she was very lively as she likes the crisp weather. She was scuttling along on lead as usual, skipping about a bit, when she suddenly rolled on her back and started fitting. Very brief fit, less than 5 secs, and as soon as I scooped her up she went limp. Becky was just leaving after tending the horses and came running down to help me. I was in a panic, I have never had one of my dogs fitting and it looked horrible. We carried Polly back home, she was a bit wobbly for a few minutes then was scuttling about the house as per usual as if nothing had happened. Tried to call vet but phone engaged all afternoon. Called Nicola, mum of the missing patterdales who is a vet, and she was very reassuring. She suggests Polly should have bloods taken to rule out liver or kidney problems but said it's not uncommon for some elderly dogs to have the occasional fit and provided the fits aren't frequent or long in duration most vets don't treat them. Polly was jumping about and wanting an early supper before long, while I was still shaken up and wishing I was able to drink alcohol as a double brandy wouldn't have gone amiss. She is now asleep after eating all her supper.

Love those mugs, kittycat.

My camera is a little Fujifilm one - they are extremely hardwearing even if you put it on the bonnet of the car, drive off and then have to drive 2 miles back looking for it in the gutter.

oh dear laugh.gif

Glad your Mother is doing a little better Snow flowers.gif I hope she continues to improve x

Thanks for the support about the mugs flowers.gifThe fair is on Saturday in Uppermill Alex. I only have 20 mugs as I've no idea how well they will sell but if there are any left over I'll try sell them on Ebay. I only have five designs so far Marion but I'm sure I can do a "Rescue Dog" design in the new year. cool.gif