UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Alex, I must be old too!! Though I don't mind paying for a nice meal, but these rarely are. This restaurant had one veggie dish, it was pasta with wild mushrooms cooked in olive oil (as I can't eat cream) for the bargain price of £15.95 (don't think big plate

Not much of a choice for you there :unsure:

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon on a very wet, windy and cold day.

Going over to my dads on my own today as Martyn isn't 100%. Gave me a bad scare in the night as he woke up choking. Thankfully he was fine after a few minutes. I stayed awake for ages to make sure he was ok while he fell back to sleep. He's complaining of a headache today. I hope that's the last of it!

My exam has arrived in the post

Edited by Jacobean

Hope your dad is okay Michelle Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif and good luck with the exam flowers.gif

Marge - your pear thingy sounds yum flowers.gif

I had a nap and then had a spurt of activity, so have stripped the bed, done about a zillion loads of washing/drying, made the bed up again, washed up and cleaned the kitchen. I also made some dog food - I put some rice, veg and chicken pieces in the slow cooker this morning with lots of water. 'Tis all cooked, but I then had to take the chicken off the bone and then mix it back in. Tip : do not do rice in the slow cooker, it disintegrates into a blobby mess rolleyes.gif Still, don't suppose the dogs will mind but I'll use pieces of spud next time.

I can't believe what I've just read on the Mail website (I won't put here what it is in case if upsets any mums) mecry.gif I really really believe that they should bring back the death penalty for scum like that mecry.gif And then further down the page pictures of a kitten being fed to a python mecry.gif

Edited by merledogs

ruddy hell!

I appealed the parking ticket, have had a letter saying ive got to pay it! £35 down the drain, for picking up my glasses on a sunday

FFS that's disgraceful. :angry:

Nice lunch yesterday! Thank you! :flowers:

I've been to London today with friends. One of them works there and knows lots of interesting places but little known places to visit. We also went to Borough Market - lots of v yummy food, Millenium Bridge, St Pauls. I'm absolutely pooped now. :unsure: No stamina these days!

kittycat - what fabulous news to start a weekend on, so will you be helping her pack? :biggrin:

With an abundance of joy happy.gif Sorry you didn't have a nice evening :(

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Michelle, sounds like you have too much going on at once. Good luck with your exam flowers.gif

Today the failures out weighed the successes so I'm gonna put my big girl pants on and venture into Manchester to see the Coca Cola Trucks cool.gif

Evening

Just got back home from Dad's. Have had a mug of much needed coffee and Martyn is about to serve my tea. Home made chinese tonight. Did a couple of bits for the folks, played with the parrot and dog and took him out for a walk and run to give him a blow. Parrot was quite responsive to me today and kept wishing me a merry christmas in a very comical voice :laugh: The parrot is called Barney and the dogs' name spelling I've no idea but have him down as Misha. Dad's not good and can't wait to get to the hospital and have his op. Stepmum is more panicy and worried how she'll cope while he's away so looks like I could be staying with her for a few days.

Marge - your pear thingy sounds yum

It is delicious, Just friut baked in a sponge, but tastes fantastic :biggrin:

I can't believe what I've just read on the Mail website (I won't put here what it is in case if upsets any mums)

I wasn't going to look, but then someone posted the story on Facebook, :mecry:

I'm absolutely pooped now. :unsure: No stamina these days!

I know that feeling. :rolleyes: Glad you had a good time.

bde810d2.jpg

very nice :biggrin:

enjoy your tea Michelle, sounds like you've earned it. :flowers: The Parrot seems to be a right character. :laugh:

Sandwiches and sausage rolls have been made, so we are ready for an early start to Westonbirt tomorrow morning. I hope the rain holds off, at least for the duration of the walk. :unsure:

Edited by houndzrus

Where is the snow, blackmagic? Ar you in Scotland?

Good thoughts for Michelle and Julia and all Fugees having a tough time.

Thanks for advice and good wishes for Polly. She seems fine today, hard to believe it ever happened.

Diesel, the ridgeback x GSD who has been roaming Chesterfield area since 6th May, has fetched up near Bolsover where he was seen and positively ID'd by someone who knows him well. Looking fit as a flea! Hope we can catch or trap him. It's amazing how there have been weeks and even months with no sightings, as he is a big dog. But he has the knack of fading into the landscape.