UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Lovely pic Snow, your dress looks amazing :flowers:

Thanks Owl, have been on the FB page and suggested Colin's owner tries to find a local dog and it looks like someone has offered, so I hope they can help her. I think the worst thing about a dog going missing must be if you never find out what happened to them.

Loving their t-shirts laugh.gif

It stopped raining long enough for me to go and prune basal shoots off most of the shrubs, because I'm trying to train them into a more tree-like upright habit, so that when they are mature enough to have the protection from dog wee removed, then there won't be any leaves at the bottom for the dogs to pee on. It will also mean they and the cats will be able to have some hidey holes under and behind the shrubs. I've damaged some of the green bark on some of them so am hoping they will soon heal.

Sods law did kick in though, with it being England vs Wales NONE of us wanted to know the score especially Nick, the Welsh contingent are all fanatical Wales supporters so we had a pact not to check up on the game so that we didnt slip up and tell the groom the result .... best laid plans and all that .... the flipping hotel had the game on live on a giant screen in reception where we had to gather for the photos!! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif Mind you it was nice being at my sons wedding and still being able to watch most of the 2nd half icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Lots of lovely surprises on the day, and my special gift to the couple made them both cry ... I had designed and commissioned a traditional lovespoon to be hand carved comprising a Welsh Dragon and and English Rose & enscribed "Llongyfarchiadau" with their names and the date. My twitter plan worked a treat and they were absolutely blown away to receive personal congratuations and good wishes from so many of the Wales, Ospreys & Cardiff Blues rugby teams which I had been collecting and printing out to paste into a card for them which was then read out by the best man, and I'd even managed a master stroke by managing to get a special message for Vicky from JLS icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lots of funny moments including a couple of stand outs ... my brother dissapearing in the evening and returning wearing his cut and club colours not sure if The Hilton has ever seen a hells angel in the function room before icon_lol.gif My boss turning up in full "uniform" and dog collar and performing a "drive by" blessing of the happy couple icon_lol.gif and my sister-in-law and her partner treating us to their version of Dirty Dancing "Time of Our Lives" which resulted in her half flattening him that was funny enough on its own but she was heard to say "I don't know what happened there we did that Ok last time..." to which he replied .... "yes but I was 5 years younger and you were 2 stone lighter then.... " icon_lol.gif

We have Bruno here for the next 2 weeks as they are off to Florida tomorrow for a 2 week honeymoon doing all the theme parks!

I emailed comet to say how bad their dishwasher is. doesnt wash, the tablet falls out of the door. Nice man emailed back to say ring the premium rate line for someone to come and check it. after paying £1.50 for the call, I got told its out of warranty so will be £125 call out charge! a new ones only £175! not happy!

got told yes you do have to wash everything before you put it in the machine ... hhmmmmm

I want to know whats happened to mothers money, but know it wont make a difference if its gone :mecry:

the rioters are in harlow. The town centre is 5 minutes away from me :ohmy:

I want to know whats happened to mothers money, but know it wont make a difference if its gone :mecry:

the rioters are in harlow. The town centre is 5 minutes away from me :ohmy:

I would start a new thread Jazz as someone on here may be able to help you. Martyn has sadly been executor of an estate in his time but couldn't advise about that. Seem to have a wealth of knowledge on here so you never know. Could speak to CAB

It's scary what is happening at the moment. Decent people are having their lives utterly destroyed.

Had a good day in work today. Bosses calmed down over the weekend when they discovered just how much has been sorted out the last few weeks and that we're up to date with the new stuff. Well I ain't been twiddling my thumbs

Morning :tired:

Shocked and dismayed at the happenings in London. Stay safe, emergency services and local nice residents.

... and police horses and dogs :(

Scum are using it as an excuse to loot and/or cause anarchy, it's not about the shooting (never was).