UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Here I am but the only dog-tracking dog I know of besides Wispa is Corrine's Maya and she is even further away than I am. Wish I had noticed this one sooner, but was rushed off feet transporting and also tracking in the SW during late July. I don't know how much of a trail will be left after 3 weeks but as it has been so dry there may well be something.

The best dog to help on this search would be a very busy one, e.g. springer or terrier, the kind who always has its nose in everybody's business and likes to poke around in bushes, or possibly a smart collie who can put 2+2 together. If anyone on the search party has a dog like that, it would do no harm to give it a sniff of something belonging to Colin and see if it recognises the scent anywhere.

I hope poor Colin can be found soon - her owners must be distraught :( Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : Quite a boring day, pootled on t'interweb, then slept for a couple of hours, then hoovered, now going to change the bedding and have a shower. At least it's stopped raining for now.

It's been peeing down all morning here. We had a very wet walk and mostly stuck to the side of the field so we could shelter under the trees. I have my favourite tree, it's an Alder called Norman. I am going to nick some of Norman's cones in autumn and try to grow his babies from seed biggrin.gif

Seeing as the weather is pants, today will be spent working on my gardening diary which I am doing so that I know what I should be doing in the garden each month.

Edited by merledogs

Well we're back and absolutely flipping exhausted - that was one long emotional hectic and brillaint day!!! Everything pretty much ran smoothly a few ever so minor hiccups but nothing to cause too much panic or stress. Every single part of my body hurts - I am neither as young as I feel or as fit as I thought I was though that didn't stop me from pushing myself wayyyy past my limits I even boogied the night away :biggrin: hence my feet & back are protesting madly today but who cares!

Nick looked so handsome and Vicky was stunning, they were so happy all day long and Nick to everyones surprise especially Vicky's actually spent most of the night on the dance floor!!! :ohmy: It was a wonderful wonderful day :biggrin:

Here's just a couple of pics taken on my camera - theres loads more on facebook.

2011_08070028.jpg

2011_08070055.jpg

2011_08070064.jpg

2011_08070079.jpg

2011_08070082.jpg