UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Sorry to hear about the myasthenia, griff. I do hope that your consultants will deal firmly with the DSS doc who said you will be able to work in 6 months.

I popped in to see my mum and deliver shopping this afternoon. She said she hadn't seen a living soul and felt as if she was the only person left on earth. I was very surprised as she usually goes to day centre on Thurs. So I asked if she hadn't been for some reason, and then she said she had been there but hadn't seen a living soul since she got home. I know she would only have been brought home 3/4 of an hour previously! Just had aunt on the line, she has spoken to mum who said she had not been to day centre and I had not been to see her, in fact she had not seen a living soul all day & felt completely isolated. :banghead: It's partly short term memory loss but I suspect a touch of the drama queen.

Polly's teefs also need doing which is a bit of a risk at 16. She had them done 3 years ago, and one bad tooth extracted since, but they do need another go. Last vet was very worried about taking the tooth out due to age, but we had no choice as it was paining her. Will see what vet here has to say. She's not that ancient by puli standards, as plenty go to 17 or 18 and a few are still toddling around past 20.

Dylan's teeth need doing too Owl, but someone was saying on another forum that they brush their dogs teeth with Neem powder and it brings the tartar off, I keep meaning to order some to try, Dyl's breath could knock you over from a foot away! I may not be typing much in the future, I have arthritis in my fingers which is getting worse and worse and I'm finding it painful to type. Could try it with one finger, I suppose! :laugh:

:GroupHug: suzeanna sorry you are in pain :flowers:

teefs :rolleyes: diez is nearly 11 and her teeth are beautiful, laney is 7 and his teeth are manky, i use a tooth wipe with neem powder and it does help.

glad you got some sleep merledogs :biggrin:

wow 20 is a splendid age for a dog :ohmy:

Suzannea - sorry to hear about your arthritis :GroupHug:

Re teefs : I recently noticed that Max's gums were a bit inflamed, so bought a dental scraper and removed the worst of the plaque and have started brushing his teefs twice a day with Logic Gel and a soft toothbrush. He loves the taste of Logic Gel so I just have to say "Massy teefs" and he comes and sits in front of me waiting to be done :wub:

1 sleep to go .... or rather 1 more tossing and turning wibbling night of not sleeping to go *eep* dreaded nuclear meltdown has occurred with lots (and lots and lots and lots and lots) of tears and upset on both sides however we've since met up, hugged, cleared the air, cried some more and hugged and hugged and hugged, and hopefully all is now OK.

I have to pack... I have a gazzillion and 1 things to do.... I keep putting it off.... like now.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk

Merledogs funny you should mention the scraper for teeth, i ordered some yesterday off hyperdrug, a left handed scraper, right handed scraper and a double ended pick..... arrived today and had a go....marvelous!!!! saved me the cost of a dental :biggrin:

Snow :GroupHug: :GroupHug: nothing can change the fact you are Nicks mum..... you are irreplacable :flowers: get packing and have a wonderful time :biggrin:

RMF i have been trying to contact the man who is going to program our z4 so you can have the hood drop off the key fob... wanted to go tomorrow but can't get an answer off the phone :rolleyes: it is 50 miles so don't just want to turn up on the off chance he is open

I was cleaning out the piggies and bumped my desk and the whole damn thing collpased and brought everything down on top of me :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: I now have a huge blue bruise on my collar bone :mecry: fecking thing is now propped up on an empty bin, 2 briefcases and a pile of books I guess I know what we will be doing on Sunday now - buying a new bloody desk!

ouch Snow, hope you are ok. Arnica for the bruising and a stiff drink for the fright.

Maybe, ask on freecycle if anyone wants to provide you with a desk till you have a moment?

What a beautiful day, just been to the pub for lunch! No alcohol this time, probably very sensible.