UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

I am currently waiting to be completely slagged off elsewhere as I have stuck my head above a parapet on a non-dog Forum and said "do not feed chocolate to your dog" - not a particularly tolerant bunch of people at the best of times so I fear I am going to be destroyed. Can't decide whether I have to revisit to defend, or not visit that thread at all and leave them to get on with it. :unsure:

Have been trying not to do stuff again today - but life is catching up with me. Ankle is feeling better ........ until dogs crash into it, or I turn awkwardly, or go up or downstairs.

Been catching up with paperwork chores.

I'd be grateful if you could spare a few good thoughts for my mum who is having brain surgery today. Not sure of the timing of the op yet.

I'm also due at the dentist this morning to hopefully patch up a broken tooth.

I feel a bit queasy :sick01:

:GroupHug: Thinking of your mum :GroupHug:

I'm having a wibble too. Emily is going to the opticians in a little while. Some of you might remember the surgery she had on her eye a few years ago. Whilst it wasn't 100% successful, her sight did improve. However it's gradually got worse again. She doesn't want to admit it but she's almost blind in one eye now because of the way her eye lid isn't strong enough. And she can't have the same op again because there's not enough muscle left to shorten, it's already too short and she cannot close that eye completely. I know we'll be referred back to the eye hospital but I really don't know what else they can do for her :mecry:

Thinking of Karen and mum, and of Phoebejo and Emily :GroupHug:

Mrs B, don't argue with the intolerant, just post a load of links like Alex says. And while you are at it, you might tell them that grapes and raisins are likewise bad. If you have made even one or two people take notice it is a job well done.

Thank you for your good thoughts. Mum went for her op at about 9am so waiting to hear that she is back in intensive care now.

How did Emily get on? I remember well her eye operation and the run up to it. I really hope that they can come up with a better and permanent fix :GroupHug:

Yep, her sight has deteriorated so she's been referred back to the hospital. She's also got to start using an artificial tears cream at night to stop her eye from drying out, when the optician put the dye in you could see the damage to her eye. WW3 is going to break out every night now because Emily HATES anything to do with her eyes and will fight us all the way to get cream in her eye. I said to her that if she didn't co-operate we'd wait until she was asleep, creep into her room and squirt the cream in regardless. Trust Georgia to pipe up "that's a great idea, I can't wait to see that!" :rolleyes: :laugh:

Yep, her sight has deteriorated so she's been referred back to the hospital. She's also got to start using an artificial tears cream at night to stop her eye from drying out, when the optician put the dye in you could see the damage to her eye. WW3 is going to break out every night now because Emily HATES anything to do with her eyes and will fight us all the way to get cream in her eye. I said to her that if she didn't co-operate we'd wait until she was asleep, creep into her room and squirt the cream in regardless. Trust Georgia to pipe up "that's a great idea, I can't wait to see that!" :rolleyes: :laugh:

sisterly love :laugh:

Poor Emily :mecry:

I'm squeamish about eyes and hate people putting cream in my eyes too, but I can do it myself and drops are even easier. Is she old enough to learn to do it herself do you think? Perhaps the pharmacist could come up with something inert that she could practise with, without Georgia's help.

Edited by Karen