UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

:GroupHug: for the two Alicias

I was wondering where you were Trudi. Your new addition is extremely handsome :wub:

I strongly believe in angels and I know my late Dad is with me all the time. My friend is bringing 5 archangels to my house today. I'm very excited. They will stay with me for 5 days and then I pass them on.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads.

To my Dad - I can't see you, touch you or hear you but I sense your presence all the time. Love and miss you dearly

Hello Oscar wub.gif What a lucky boy you are wink.gif

Jazz Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've not stopped since I got up - I've hacked down the triffid, walked the dogs, taken the triffid to the waste recycling centre, had a shower and been to Bents to take one of the Rhodos back. The woman I spoke to tried to persuade me that all Rhodos leaves go that colour and there was nothing wrong with it, but she backed down when I insisted that none of the other gazillion Rhodos I have are like it. What's the point of having a 'no quibble' guarantee if they quibble when they take it back? rolleyes.gif I love that word "quibble" laugh.gif

Anyway, got a credit note and surpringly I didn't buy another Rhodo tongue.gif I bought three shrubs to go next to the fence where I have hacked down the Pampas Grass and the Ivy.

mother is on 'end of life care' now

I'm so sorry Alicia, what a very hard time you are going through. I'm sorry your family are not supporting you very well :GroupHug:

Kats Alicia, I'm sending good thoughts that your FIL rallies, keep your chin up :GroupHug:

cover is sorted out, but now the family are fighting and blaming me, so im getting the nasty calls and emails :mecry:

Not what you need right now! Are you boys of any help? Its about time they were told to grow some balls and take some responsibilty!! :GroupHug: I hope your mums time left is as painless as possible. If its any help, we found that when MIL went it was a relief that she wasn't suffering any longer.

Alicia, I hope the docs can get to the bottom of what is making Rays dad so poorly. :GroupHug:

Michelle, its a very sensible but difficult thing to do. We said after MIL died that we were going to sort out our wills and make sure everyone knew exactly what was expected etc so no arguing and bitching like my BIL! :rolleyes:

Marge, glad you enjoyed your spuds. Have a nice day out today. :flowers:

Alex, don't blame you for getting rid of the Ivy. I hate the stuff! We have it climbing over our fence from next door. I always get Paul to hack it back with the hedge trimmers! :laugh:

Trudy, nice to see you back. Your new addition seems to have come a long way in a couple of months. Well done for taking him on. :wub: Keep us updated on his progress.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at MIL house digging up her beloved roses and brought them back home and planted them all out in pots. :biggrin: Just hope they take now.

Today I have been to the allotment and done loads of weeding in between the veggies which are growing OK despite being neglected. A few of the cabbages have been hammered by the birds and are on their last legs. Must get some more netting to cover them over! :rolleyes: Aching now! Just time to take the dogs out before dinner. :biggrin:

I was out in the garden earlier when a baby wood pigeon came running (waddling) from behind the greenhouse, with Timmy following on. I went after it and managed to catch it. Thought it had hurt its wing so shoved the dogs inside and was wondering what the hell to do with it, so gave it a stroke and put it on the grass to see if its wing was hurt or not, but it flew straight up on top of the fence. I think it was just that it's not long out of the nest and still has its L plates on wub.gif It stayed on the fence for ages, I think it didn't want to risk crash landing again.

Wishing your Mum a dignified and peaceful passing Jazz :flowers:

Hope Rays Dad continues to improve :flowers:

Baby wood pigeon :love:

Oscar says thankyou for his welcome, I cannot describe just how shut down and thin and so so scared of everythin he was when he arrived :(

He has the most sensitive belly and after trial and error he is on Royal Canin Boxer puppy food - he quite simply can't have any treats or his backend turns into a power washer of the vile kind :(

He is still very hand shy but is getting braver by the day and loves his big brother lots :love:

He is utterly terrified of the lead and collapses in a shivering heap when he sees one, I have no words to describe what I think of the 3 homes he had before here that made him this way but he has all the time in the world now to know that not all people are to be feared and that some are suckers that will give him everything he could want :love:

Trudy, can you get him used to a piece of ribbon first in case you need to lead him anywhere? ie vets. :unsure:

Saffy has been walked and I came home to the lush smell of garlic cooking. Step daughter has come over to cook her dad dinner today as she doesnt have money to buy presents. :biggrin: I am having pasta as she is doing spag bol with meat for them. Think I will be pinching the garlic bread though! :laugh: Everyone seems to be out today walking their dogs so I am leaving Neo until its quieter later on.

Oscar says thankyou for his welcome, I cannot describe just how shut down and thin and so so scared of everythin he was when he arrived :(

Timmy was the same when he arrived. Wouldn't think it now though, cheeky, gobby little shite laugh.gif (love him to bits though, he's still my babywub.gif )

Have been updating some of my cardstock

BIRTHDAY

BLANK

Miscellaneous

If anyone is interested, min £1 donation per card - proceeds split between Dogstar and Oldies.

They will be available for a couple of weeks then I will be packaging a chunk up to go to stalls.

Examples

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

Edited by sanrossscot