UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Thanks for all your good wishes- I've just had Ray on the phone "just about" holding it together - his Dad has been moved into ICU so it's not looking too good, but I did say that miracles can happen so I'm hoping that one does. His parents are some of the nicest people in the world and even after 50+ years of marriage are still very much in love- I'm sorry for going on and being so self absorbed.

Awww, no reason to be sorry, this is a tough time for you and your loved ones. :flowers:

glad Molly is doing ok. Of course, you do know it's the lull before the storm? :wink: :wub:

Alicia, thinking of you and Ray and his parents.

Transport run has been postponed so have been pottering about, taking it easy as we are all off on a tracking expedition tomorrow and staying overnight. We *might* be doing a joint expedition with another Fugee & dog.

hugs to all xxxxxxxxxxx

mothers in pain and very agitated,so they have upped her drugs

its the worst thing in the world seeing your mother fading away, just hope for her sake she will just fall asleep

Alicia, I'm so sorry. I really hope cfor all your sakes that she has a quick and peaceful passing. ((( )))

Alicia, you are not being self-absorbed. Its somewhere you know you can come to offload when others around you are suffering. :GroupHug: Hope the docs can get to the bottom of what is making Rays dad so poorly at the moment.

Sandra, I know the spay op is a lot more harsh than boy neutering, but I had to take Neo over the hills after two days as he was literally doing circuits of the walls! :rolleyes:

Marge, glad the lotty has had the desired effect. Bet the spuds are delicious!

Jazz :GroupHug: Know how you feel. :(

Latest update

The Dr's treating Ray's Dad are totally baffled - they thought they had him sorted, but clinically he's deteriorated and they at the moment have him on dialysis and are going to see how he is - if he arrests again the decision has been made not to resuscitate him again :mecry:

He has picked up from this morning though - so we are not giving up.

Have everything crossed your father in law will pull through Alicia. Thinking of you all :GroupHug:

Jazz I'm so sorry. In the experiences we have had with family the doses have gone up and they have slipped away peacefully. Family can be so petty at the worst times. Tell them to grow up and take some responsibility. You're there for her and you need there support too. :GroupHug:

Marge not sure what to say to you. Very tough to have to deal with. I really hope that this is resolved well for both of the gentleman. It's worrying that this kind of thing can go on and police can't deal with it. :GroupHug:

Have spent the day with my dad and stepmum. We had the conversation as they're both not doing too well at the moment. Although I think they will be around for a good while yet. Father didn't want to discuss it (neither did I really) but have agreed to take on the dog and the parrot if something happens to them both. To be honest I always thought the dog would end up with us anyway but at least this way I guess she can tell her son so he doesn't end up stuck at the local pound or something. She's a bit upset that he turned down her offer of some rather nice furniture they have so I've agreed to give that a home as well rather than offend her :huh: Hopefully none of this will need to take place for a very long time.

Edited by Jacobean

cover is sorted out, but now the family are fighting and blaming me, so im getting the nasty calls and emails

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: I'm sure you have managed to get everything possible done for your mum. My thoughts are with you jazz :flowers:

Latest update

The Dr's treating Ray's Dad are totally baffled - they thought they had him sorted, but clinically he's deteriorated and they at the moment have him on dialysis and are going to see how he is - if he arrests again the decision has been made not to resuscitate him again

He has picked up from this morning though - so we are not giving up.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: it's such a rollercoaster of emotions for you all.

Marge not sure what to say to you. Very tough to have to deal with. I really hope that this is resolved well for both of the gentleman.

Hopefully none of this will need to take place for a very long time.

Thanks michelle, There are three vulnerable men, Mr T. Then there is also the neighbour who was beaten up and finally, the other man who is being "groomed" to be their friend. :(

well done for having the talk. It' is as well to sort these things out in advance, and then all parties involved know what has been agreed. :liebe94:

Morning all.

I woke early again, but at least I had a good night's sleep. I think I overdid the gardening etc yesterday, have a few achey bones now. Still, the lotty and the back garden are sorted for a while.

Andrea, the potatoes were lovely and there are some left for tomorrow. :D

we're going out for dinner today. i was looking at the pub menu for one of the pubs someone put on the Oldies camping page, It's a nice little trip out and dogs are welcome too. :wub_anim:

Morning :tired:

For both Alicias Group_Hug_Emoticon.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Marge Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Too much sadness about at the moment.

RMF : I've been umming and ahhing over whether to get rid of the ivy by the bottom fence which is so rampant that it's grown itself into a six foot shrub. Not any more, I've been and chopped it down. It'll give the Corkscrew Hazel next to it chance to grow out a bit as it was being smothered.

Sorry I haven't been about for a while, we have an unexpected new addition to the family and between him and his issues and work I haven't had any time to do anything :O

Have noticed lots of sad folk need :hug:

Hope all relatives improve or pass peacefully as appropriate :flowers:

Please meet Oscar - he arrived 10 weeks ago as an 8 month old, totally shut down and terrified of everything. He has clearly not been treated gently in his short life and was painfully thin but as you will see from the 2nd pic is coming on nicely now :)

max_0011.jpg

Lookinggood.jpg

Edited by Trudi