UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

sorry i am not keeping up too well at the moment so :mecry: :biggrin: :flowers: :GroupHug: as required!

Laura-e i am so pleased you have met someone and :laugh: :laugh:@you being a wag, terrific news about dennis as well.

Marge i would go to the drs.

Merledogs i hope you feel a bit brighter soon

Jules B i am hoping for the best possible with regards your hubbys results

Owl glad you have your belongings with you now.

i hope the ponies get found and get help

Jazz.... could it be the seeds from the tomatoes that are causing the bother??

i have just had to write to my noisy neighbours with regard their child and his behaviour.... i was very restrained and there were no swear words, i will thump him one of these days and it will be worth the prison sentence!

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*must resist the tempation to change Laura's name to Laura_Wag_E* :laugh: :laugh:

Griff I can totally sympathise with you over noisy neighbours and badly behaved children - I had both, thankfully now its just noisy neighbours and the bratty screaming child has moved away but its so stressful when you are trying to live with it.

I've been to see my GP and got some BP pills fingers crossed I can get on with these ones - what was reassuring tho was when I asked him about my raised interocular pressure re galucoma he'd had the letter from specsavers and he said it wasn't that high *yayyyy* it really is only up a fraction so nothing to worry about he said if there was any concern the consultants would have written to him as well and neither of them had, as he said I've got 2 consultants and 2 opticians now monitorring my eyes so if there was a problem it would be noticed and treated before it could do any harm so thats a relief.

I also asked for a menopause test - he said not to bother they were crap :laugh: :laugh: from my description he thinks I am preimenopausal if not menopausal and thinks we should talk HRT next time I see him *sigh*

Off the vets shortly for Nogs boosters and previcox check up - I'll have spent most of today in a waiting room of one kind or another :rolleyes:

I had to make my excuses and leave someone's house this afternoon as I felt very faint, but didn't want to let them know it. I sat in the car for a while, but the feeling didn't go for at least an hour :unsure:

That is a really horrid feeling. Do you think it might be worth a quick check at your doctors?

Wibbling this morning. Going to hospital with OH for his biopsy test results and feeling a bit scared.

Fingers crossed for the results to be OK

is anyone allergic to tomatoes? I had 2 lots of food with tomatoes, and had a bad stomach again. someone was saying their hubby is the same. if its just that ill be relieved

I know someone who can't eat tomato skins - an intolerance rather than an allergy but enough to give him awful stomach pains. He can eat tomatoes without the skins.

I feel as if I am coming down with flu. That will teach me to go travelling in foreign countries which are full of different bugs :rolleyes: Hope I haven't passed Welsh flu on to mum :unsure: I can stay away from her for a bit anyway as sister will be there this weekend.

Hope that you feel better, you've had a busy few days :GroupHug:

Hello everyone :wavey:

Hello Laura! Good to see you here and good to hear too about Dennis and the new man. Would the vet let Tess try a different pain relief? Metacam didn't do a thing for Lily but some of the other tablets were much better.

Letter waiting for me when I got home from my luffly doc to the place in Sheffield where I'm being referred to. I was waiting to hear whether she could get funding for it cos it's private, but assume she must have otherwise she wouldn't be writing to them. It's a step in the right direction - at least I will be diagnosed one way or another.

Alex, don't know what to suggest for feeling low again. :flowers:

Fingers crossed for your husband Jules :flowers:

Jazz, perhaps you should keep a food diary for a while? :unsure:

Hope your bug isn't anything too nasy, Owl :flowers:

Hi Laura, glad you are feeling so contented. :biggrin:

Hope your neighbours shut up soon Griff. :flowers:

Thanks for all the good thoughts, :flowers: I will see how.I go next week and get to the docs if there's any recurrence.

Maa-aa-aaarge, (said in a long drawn out way using in many syllables) please make an appointment. Seeing if it will go away is not a great plan (I know that because it's what I do) :flowers:

Alex, I'm pleased your lovely doc has made some progress for you at last

:flowers:

Thanks for the good thoughts for OH. The results were not great, he has prostate cancer (I'm sure he'd be thrilled at me sharing that with my online friends :rolleyes: ). But apparently it's a 'not as bad as it could be' kind if there is such a thing. At least we know now, and he can make some decisions about treatment, it's the uncertainty that knaws at you. We have just had a lovely garlicky spag bol and a glass of wine and been holding hands on the sofa in a sad middle aged been-together-30-years sort of way :laugh:

Owl, I hope you are feeling better soon :flowers:

Maa-aa-aaarge, (said in a long drawn out way using in many syllables) please make an appointment. Seeing if it will go away is not a great plan (I know that because it's what I do) :flowers:

Thanks for the good thoughts for OH. The results were not great, he has prostate cancer (I'm sure he'd be thrilled at me sharing that with my online friends :rolleyes: ). But apparently it's a 'not as bad as it could be' kind if there is such a thing.

Ok,I will see what I can do about it (going to the docs):flowers:

Sorry the news wasn't better, for your OH :flowers:, but funny you should say that about the Prostate cancer being not as bad as it could be, because my friends husband (in his early sixties) was diagnosed last year. He had an op and some radiotherapy. He was left with a small incontinence ( he would be mortified if he knew this was being shared :blush02: ) I don't know if the incontinence has gone, but only last week we all raised a glass to him as he has had another "all clear" and doesn't have to go back for 6 months for another blood test. I know this probably won't be much help, as each person's "journey" with the big C is a personal one, but just one year ago they were probably feeling many of the things you both are now.

Good luck with the treatment. :GroupHug: :liebe94:

JulesB, sorry the news wasn't better but wish you and your OH all the best and hope it can be sorted asap. :GroupHug:

The Welsh flu bug is hanging around at a low level, not bothering me that much but it would if I tried to do too much. I have just eaten a rather hot veg biryani which has made me feel in better spirits :biggrin: Wispa is still lethargic though, nothing I can put my finger on, but she is acting like a normal dog as opposed to a normal mad pointery fing. In fact she is acting like a sighthound, draping herself over the furniture and looking doleful and dozy. Eating OK, sprinting around after squiggs in the wood, no symptoms I can identify, it's just something indefinable. Watching her very carefully and if no improvement over the next few days I will take her for a checkup. I will look a right idiot taking my dog to a new vet because I am worried that she is behaving like a normal dog :rolleyes:

Morning :tired:

Thanks for the good thoughts for OH. The results were not great, he has prostate cancer (I'm sure he'd be thrilled at me sharing that with my online friends :rolleyes: ). But apparently it's a 'not as bad as it could be' kind if there is such a thing. At least we know now, and he can make some decisions about treatment, it's the uncertainty that knaws at you. We have just had a lovely garlicky spag bol and a glass of wine and been holding hands on the sofa in a sad middle aged been-together-30-years sort of way :laugh:

That's not sad, that's luffly flowers.gif I am sending zillions of healing thoughts for your hubby and Group_Hug_Emoticon.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif for you both, must be very worrying.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Jules B and hubby :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

well my day got a heck of a lot worse..... i am now at war with my neighbours, the pair of them need a lesson in respecting other peoples property and the kid wants a damn good hiding! to top that issue laney has now decided to start howling and barking when i leave him..... i find him such a complicated dog :rolleyes: he goes through cycles of being o.k and then suddenly his SA appears again, luckily i spoke to my nice neighbour and she isn't bothered but i am working to stop it...will just wait for the complaint to go in from my noisy neighbours :angry:

Sorry your OH's news wasn't better Jules, but it's good that it's been caught sooner rather than later!

Alex..if you do go to Sheffield, if there is no one you know you can call in on in the area, you are more than welcome to come and say hi to me, I live just outside Chesterfield...10 mins away from Junction 29 of the M1.

Owl, hope you soon feel better and that whatever is afflicting your mopey hound goes away! When we lived in New Whitt we used the vets in Dronfield, they were always good with our assorted dogs...didn't even quail when we hauled three protesting dobes in for a check up :laugh: