UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

well my day got a heck of a lot worse..... i am now at war with my neighbours, the pair of them need a lesson in respecting other peoples property and the kid wants a damn good hiding! to top that issue laney has now decided to start howling and barking when i leave him..... i find him such a complicated dog :rolleyes: he goes through cycles of being o.k and then suddenly his SA appears again, luckily i spoke to my nice neighbour and she isn't bothered but i am working to stop it...will just wait for the complaint to go in from my noisy neighbours :angry:

I'm sorry about your neighbours - it's awful when you don't get on with them :GroupHug: I hope Laney settles down soon as well :flowers:

Alex..if you do go to Sheffield, if there is no one you know you can call in on in the area, you are more than welcome to come and say hi to me, I live just outside Chesterfield...10 mins away from Junction 29 of the M1.

Thank you, if I'm going anywhere near you then I'll let you know :flowers:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree Merledogs..... the day is dragging, i had to leave the cat with the vet this morning and i am wanting to fetch him :rolleyes: laney did his barking and howling again..... munched all the treats i left in his boredom breakers and jumped on the sofa and began his routine... that dog is going to be the death of me!

griff could your nasty neighbours being so noisy be whats triggering Laneys SA?

Jules so sorry to hear about your OH one of our wardens went through the same thing last year, he has made a full recovery and is probably a lot older than your OH (in his 80's) hopefully your hubby will do the same :flowers:

Nog saw a new vet yesterday who couldn't believe he is nearly 10 :biggrin: they are happy for him to stay on the previcox long term with bloods checked every 6 -12 months I was asked again what I do to get his coat so soft and velvety had to tell them its NOT me I dont do anything to his coat he just happens to have a lovely soft silky textured coat quite naturally - mind you if it was something I was doing they wouldn't want to copy it as its no fun at all when your dog gives you electric shocks when you stroke him :laugh:

i am not sure if it could be my noisy neighbours bothering laney... i used a cctv camera to tape him and it has no sound :rolleyes: my nice neighbour says she isn't bothered but it isn't fair to expect her to put up with it, i used a homeopathic remedy to stop him chewing so i have had a word with the lady who helped me and she is sending me another remedy for barking... if that doesn't work you can get collars that go off with vibration but instead of ultrasonic noise i can record a command telling him to be quiet :unsure:

great news about nog :flowers: must be a big relief after everything you have been through with him :flowers:

Afternoon :flowers:

Hello Val :flowers:

Hope the SA and your neighbours get sorted out Griff :flowers:

Have a good weekend Lynne :cool:

Alex, I too have had half a day and I've been to Poundland. Tis exciting living life on the edge isn't it? :laugh:

I was going to finish off the front garden, but it has been raining since I got home. Instead, I have done indoor gardening jobs, started off some mushrooms, planted some Rhubarb crowns in pots ready to take to the allotment. planted moremixed salad leaf seeds for a steady supply. (The seeds I planted a fortnight ago should be ready to eat in a couple of weeks, can't wait. :D ) Unpacked all the gardening bargains I have been collecting from Aldi, Poundland, Lidl etc etc. Just hoping for a bit of dry weather tomorrow to erect the shed. We will have somewhere to sit and have a cuppa, got to get our priorities right :laugh:

The usual washing/cooking etc has been done too, so I'm going for a sit down with a couple of new £1.00 books. :biggrin:

I wish I could finish early every Friday :unsure:

I may raise a glass for my mum this evening. It would have been her birthday today, she was born in the same year as the queen, I can't quite imagine her as that age. :flowers:

I have found a fabulous website on my never ending search for an outfit for Nicks wedding :laugh: I really rather fancy a 1950's style swing dress but being a rather big lady (fat) I wasnt at all sure the style would suit me ....and then I found this site http://www.chicstar.com/ which has women of all ages, shapes and sizes actually wearing the clothes! Not models who have been airbrushed fluffed and styled to look perfect but really real people from all over the world - including several different ones wearing the dress thats caught my eye and they all look fine in it admittedly some look better than others but even that is really helpful why cant more websites do this?

BTW this is the dress thats caught my eye:

39158_LargeF.jpg

Alex, I too have had half a day and I've been to Poundland. Tis exciting living life on the edge isn't it? :laugh:

It certainly is laugh.gif

I may raise a glass for my mum this evening. It would have been her birthday today, she was born in the same year as the queen, I can't quite imagine her as that age. :flowers:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I have new hair. I had about six inches cut off the longest bits, but it is a decent length now and I have a fringe for the first time in years, which I love. Only trouble I have with a fringe is trying to stop it curling rolleyes.gif

New hair :

025-1.jpg

Jules sorry to hear about your hubbie and am thinking of you both flowers.gif

I had to do a mad dash into London this morning to Australia House to drop in some paperwork for my working visa , they were so very helpful ( and quick ) that by 9.25 am I was back outside on the Strand all finished so I went to have breakfast with one of old bosses at his new company in Fleet Street. I love that part of London and it was lovely to catch up and have a gossip

I am so pleased I have a job, okay its only for 3 weeks but its a real job that has real money , and they are paying for my flights and my accomdation ( in a lovely apartment in a nice part of time ) and the work is so intresting and very exciting

Alex your hair looks fantastic :jumpy: