UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Alex do you have anything pressing on your mind ? you do seem to have a lot of disturbed sleep at the moment and it must make it so hard for you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Not anything in particular (apart from the usual stuff) :unsure: I do think I'm perimenopausal so maybe it's something to do with that :unsure:

Edited by merledogs

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the maddest of conversations today, I don't know if it's me or them.

Me: Ring ring. Hello ABC Washing Machine Repairs, do you mend NEFF washers?

Him: Yes we do.

Me: Great, can I book someone to come out and take a look at mine please?

Him: Yes, what make is it?

Me: Er, NEFF

Him : NEFF, never heard of them, can't help!

Me: :wacko:

Young man in city centre street, dressed as Village People person, collecting for Help for Heroes: "Can you spare some change for Heroes?"

Me: Yes. But it's a crying shame you have to beg on the streets for money.

Him (rips open shirt to reveal Rag Week t-shirt): Oh, heck I'm not a hero, and I'm not a beggar, I'm a student, it's for Rag Week.

Me: Yes, I get that. What I mean is there should be proper funding and support and care and stuff for ex-service people. I didn't think you were actually a hero, begging. Although you might be heroic of course, I don't know you so I can't really say although you look as if you might be quite heroic in an emergency .....

Young man backs away from crazy lady. CL retreats, having made idiot of self in street :laugh:

Me in sandwich shop: Can I have the vegetarian in a brown roll please, but with some ham and cheese added?

Him: But then it won't be vegetarian?

Me: Yes, I realise that but I want all the crunchy green stuff, with no mayo/sauce/gerkins/other gubbins and just some ham and cheese adding. There is no option for that on your board chockfull of choices.

Him: So why don't you just ask for ham, cheese and salad?

Me: Oh yes, I could have done that couldn't I?

I think I'll stay home now, where it's safe and there is no one for me to confuse :wacko: :laugh:

Anyone want to come play with 70 plus traveller ponies that are currently on the rampage round here? *sigh*

2 hours spent herding 2 away from main roads and back to near where they came from and the police finally sent 2 'police woman' to come *help*, bit bleedin late!......

And all the mares are due to drop foals soon!..... oh the joys!

Helloooo from NYC!!! Having an ace time!

Glad you're having fun! :biggrin:

I could do with Jack if he is collecting firewood like that. Bless him

He certainly would too, though he only collects things from water :wacko:

Clare and Alex, hope you are sleeping better and feeling better soon. :flowers:

Snow, I hope your vicar will see through this person soon. We all blame others (with just cause) from time to time, but to do it every time just shows what a poor worker they are. :flowers:

:laugh: @ Jules. How's your new girlie settling in?

Hope the ponies are all rounded up safely. :flowers:

I too had a bad night, first of all tossing and turning, then horrible stomach cramps. Luckily, I am off work today, so had a lie in. I've been shopping and cooked and baked. The wet weather is a good excuse not to do more on the front garden, so I have been planning my allotment with an online garden planner. If only the real growing were that simple! :laugh:

Jack and Cherry are having a sofa day after their busy weekend. :wub:

4c6b8f6a.jpg

I really need to pack. We're heading to Shannon this evening as the airport is a 2 hour drive from home and we've to check in at 8am. So all 10 of us are booked into a hotel across the road from the airport :biggrin:

Take care everyone :GroupHug:

PS Yesterday I was 7 months off the cigs :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

aologues in advahce if you cabt read this - cos neither can I lol I am traialling contact lenses and the ones she gave me are too strong and I cant flipping well see feack all with them close up ....close being anything colder thgan say ohhhh 2 miles from me LOL drove home ok but then couldnt read my phone to be able to ring hubby and tell him how things went - can barely make out anything on my pc screen and most cetainly cannot see they letters on the keys so I'm touch typing from memory - be interesting for me to see later if I'm any good at it or noyt as the case may be lol

its the weirdest thing i can see clearly a long long way away but 6'f in front of me is just a blur ah feck it I give up gonna go take them out which'll be fune :s

Nope sorry Alex :flowers:

Lenses out now - took them out far easier at home on my own with no one watching than I did at the opticians with the dispensing lady checking I could do it. Not at all sure what the trial is actually going to acomplish now, with them in I cannot read, make a phone call, use the pc or even cook anything cos I cant read the buttons on the microwave or see the read out to set the timer etc. I couldnt even read the buttons on the remote control for the tv - though thats easy enough from memory but I had a heck of a job trying to call hubby as all the numbers are in the phone and I couldnt see what on the was on the display - I had a brainwave and found a small magnifying glass in a drawer and by holding the phone at a slight angle and tilting the glass another angle I could just about see to call him.

If I squinted and almost closed my eyes and looked thru my lashes I could just about make out words on the screen but they were all blurry and running together. Shes ordered me more with a change of prescription but they wont be ready in time for me to try them before my operation - oh yeah forgot to tell you I have a date for my op and its a LOT sooner than I expected 11 days from now on the 4th March *wibble* :wacko: I have a strong suspicion that I will end up having to take time off work after all as I cant see me managing with this right lens and my "fixed" left eye.