UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Your hair looks fab Alex - I've been toying with the idea of a fringe myself now I've seen yours I might well go for it next time I get mine trimmed.

I diiiiiid have a dress but once your mother tells you that it makes you look old then you dont really look at it the same way again - so I sent it back :rolleyes: I have bought a "standby" dress which is nice and fits and looks fine but its just a different colour/pattern to two otherwise identical dresses I already have (the one I wore to the Teckles Ball and my Neices wedding as can be seen on my facebook lol) so whilst its perfectly fine and will do if I dont find anything else I'd rather have something less "samey" if you know what I mean?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may raise a glass for my mum this evening. It would have been her birthday today, she was born in the same year as the queen, I can't quite imagine her as that age. :flowers:

I hope you are enjoying happy memories Marge :GroupHug:

Alex, look at your lovely cheekbones, you look fab :flowers:

Ooh, lovely dress Snow, go for it and make Nick proud. The website is full of gorgeousness too.

Thank you for the good thoughts for OH. We are kind of getting our heads around stuff now, it's a lot to take in when you are sitting in front of the consultant.

I can't believe I'm up this late, I will be wrecked tomorrow :laugh: When I was in my 20s I could work all day, do my shift behind the bar at the pub in the evening, go clubbing till the early hours and still be up at 6am for work :rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm up this late, I will be wrecked tomorrow :laugh: When I was in my 20s I could work all day, do my shift behind the bar at the pub in the evening, go clubbing till the early hours and still be up at 6am for work :rolleyes:

That's just the problem though isn't it :rolleyes:

If you're anything like me, being in your 20s was a while ago although I do like to conveniently ignore that fact when I can :laugh:

Morning :tired:

I diiiiiid have a dress but once your mother tells you that it makes you look old then you dont really look at it the same way again - so I sent it back :rolleyes: I have bought a "standby" dress which is nice and fits and looks fine but its just a different colour/pattern to two otherwise identical dresses I already have (the one I wore to the Teckles Ball and my Neices wedding as can be seen on my facebook lol) so whilst its perfectly fine and will do if I dont find anything else I'd rather have something less "samey" if you know what I mean?

I hope you find something suitable, whatever it looks like flowers.gif

:flowers: for Marge and her late mum.

Alex, hair looks good.

Wispa is much better, started on Arsen Alb 30 last night and this morning she is acting like a demented kangaroo so had to put her in the car while I got dressed. Trouble is, I am at half strength with this flu bug, which has no cold symptoms just fluey ones, so walking her is a problem! I will drive her to the wood rather than walk and let her have some free running, and hope she meets one of her hyperactive mates.

Your hair looks fab Alex - I've been toying with the idea of a fringe myself now I've seen yours I might well go for it next time I get mine trimmed.

I like my fringe, but have to make sure they do it very "wispy". If it's cut straight across and left thick it just looks ridiculous on me :rolleyes:

I hope you get the perfect dress soon,one that makes you feel good. :flowers:

If you're anything like me, being in your 20s was a while ago although I do like to conveniently ignore that fact when I can

Me too :rolleyes:

Wispa is much better, started on Arsen Alb 30 last night and this morning she is acting like a demented kangaroo so had to put her in the car while I got dressed. Trouble is, I am at half strength with this flu bug,

Glad Wispa is better and have some :GroupHug: Yourself.

:GroupHug: Jazz

Thanks for the good thoughts for my mum :flowers:

RMF: From time to time, compost mysteriously appears in the garden, with no apparent cause. We had blamed the birds for months. Finally, all was revealed on Thursday morning. Someone is SO busted!Perhaps I should get him a trowel?

(Apologies for poor quality)

:laugh: :wub:

d1997d7d.jpg

Cherry used to be the one for naughtiness, but these days she just enjoys letting the Cap'n get into bother. :wub:

Keith says he looks like a bit mole :laugh:

Edited by houndzrus

Ello we've been away for a few days. Glad to be back home. Now got lots of washing to do and everything stinks of smoke.

Hope everyone is ok.

Jules I've probably mentioned who prevoiusly but will just say it's a close relative had prostate cancer. He had the lump and the lymph glands? removed and was given the all clear. :GroupHug:

Got my car back from the garage this morning. Speedometer still not working. Must be electrical. They've tried everything else. They've been driving it around and say it's been fine. That's the problem. It's intermittent but it didn't work for me the whole way home. I'm going to leave it until next month. They've just had it for another week and I need it to get to work.

Aw capn :wub:

Edited by Jacobean

Captain Jack Mole :laugh:

I have just got back from replanting my friend's grave. Her OH is doing his best but last time we did it he had everything lined up in rows bless him, and the soil has sunk again too so it looked a bit sad. We have lifted all the plants, topped up with soil and planted it in a bit more relaxed style. It looks so pretty, I think she would be pleased with it, and her realtives are coming to this country in two weeks time so I'm going to make sure it stays nice for them. The graveyard looked lovely today, lots of people had been in planting spring bulbs and primulas. But I am now soaked to the skin and covered in mud - and my washing machine is broken :rolleyes: Tea and toast and a nice sit down are in order I think.

Frogs are you know whatting in the pond. Have hacked back and chopped down a load of ivy and shrubs around the fencing then looked down and saw some beady eyes on me.

They have been at it for a few days in our pond - as proved by the enormous amount of frog spawn :wacko:

I have a house full of sleepy dogs :wub:

Evening :wavey:

I hope all poorly peeps and cars are better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Jules - you are a truly luffly friend to have flowers.gif

Captain Jack laugh.gifwub.gif

Why couldn't it be dry this morning when I walked the dogs and sunny later on? mad.gif It was raining when I went out, so I put a baseball cap on, and my hair which was straight ended up straight where the cap was and curly on the bottom bits rolleyes.gif I've washed and dried it since, and it looks ok but nothing like it did last night.