UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just heard that two of my friend's cows, Tania and Queen Bee have been tested 'inconclusive' for TB. DEFRA are refusing to allow them a retest, and it may well be that Tania's daughter Faerie will also test inconclusive and all of them will be killed. These are dearly beloved well cared for cattle that have been bred on the same farm for many generations : I can't imagine how terrible this must be for the whole herd and their owner.

She has TB infected badgers on her farm and can't do anything about them: she'd dearly love to vaccinate her cattle, but that's not allowed. :mecry:

How awful, it's so unfair :mecry:

Alex, I hope you can find some shorter, bendier rods.

Owl, I imagine a cracked rib hurts like fury :GroupHug:

Suzeanna :ohmy:

Jazz, take it easy woman :flowers:

I have nowt to report :mellow: Still searching for an oldie girl lurcher who wants a quiet home. Most of the lurchers around here are working dogs and have litter after litter when they get older :(

Is it swollen at all? if not, and if it's not actively bleeding so you wont have a scab, any good concealer type make up should cover it. If you've got a department store with a make up department..you know the type, assistants leap out at you clutching perfume or something :rolleyes: they should be able to help.

No stowaways Owl...I'm none the wiser!

it was bleeding and i do have a scab.... i have tried the concealer but i can't find one to match my skintone, i am dead pale....might venture to boots and beg for help or just go as i am and tell them my dog beat me up :laugh: thinking about your invisible dog.... perhaps you are going to be getting another and you just don't know yet :flowers:

I have tried to clear the drain, but because of the angle of the drain, I can't get the drain rod down it :(

I am going to have to Google to see if I can find a different rod or attachment to go around corners.

If it is the bit of drain between the sink and the mains drain, you can get a metal bendy snake with a weight at the end for that. Which part of the drainage system is blocked?

Cracked rib doesn't hurt too much unless I laugh or breathe deeply or walk fast or bend over or turn sideways. :angry:

Accidentally knocked the freezer switch at some point, don't know how, and freezer has defrosted. Ate a pizza for supper. Threw all the veggies into a pot which is now simmering away and will hopefully produce several containers of soup. There are Quorn burgers and sausages and fillets, which will have to be eaten over the next 3 days. Will be sick of the stuff by then. Am currently trying to rehome 2 packets of filled fresh pasta parcels and 2 kilos of minced tripe :rolleyes: At this point I am missing living up the road from Trallwm Farm.

Something weird just happened...I was reading the paper at the dining table, Rosie had gone outside and Dylan went upstairs to bed. Next moment, out of the corner of my eye I saw Dyl..I presumed...come rushing past me back into the living room. I thought it a bit odd, once he's gone upstairs he usually doesn't stir til lunchtime. I got up to go upstairs to the loo, glanced in the living room..no dog. EH??? Got upstairs..Dyl is flat out asleep on the back bed. Both my bigger black dogs, Saphyre and Ziggy (dobes) have been dead for about 16 years, why would one of them suddenly decide to visit?

It is odd that it's been a while since your dogs died. I saw April (another big black dog) several times after she died, she even brushed past one of my customers with enough force for him to say "what's that?". I quite missed her when she stopped passing through.

sorry I havent kept up

been to the doctors, not good. she says its either bad chest infection as she can hear the crackling, or pneumonia is back. to pack a bag, and when I have xrays at 2, if it is they will keep me in. I cant keep being like this. so if im not back here later you know where I am, again

Glad that the hospital didn't find anything sinister, but TAKE IT EASY and recuperate for a few days!

I have tried to clear the drain, but because of the angle of the drain, I can't get the drain rod down it :(

Hope that you get it sorted.

I have nowt to report :mellow: Still searching for an oldie girl lurcher who wants a quiet home. Most of the lurchers around here are working dogs and have litter after litter when they get older :(

Which part of the country are you? Just in case I come across anything suitable near you while I'm trawling the internet on a similar mission. I think my problem is that I've told myself that I can't face another labrador because of Lily's health problems, but actually what would fit the bill is another lab!

Cracked rib doesn't hurt too much unless I laugh or breathe deeply or walk fast or bend over or turn sideways. :angry:

Hope that the rib heals quickly, it sounds a real restriction to normal life. What a pain too about the freezer - once you have it cleared and back on, can you tape over the switch to make sure it stays on?

Hope that the rib heals quickly, it sounds a real restriction to normal life. What a pain too about the freezer - once you have it cleared and back on, can you tape over the switch to make sure it stays on?

Yes I can. With possible a sticky label saying Do Not Touch This Switch You Stupid Owl!

Hello Julia Gemstone, are you feeling any better today :flowers:

Which part of the country are you? Just in case I come across anything suitable near you while I'm trawling the internet on a similar mission. I think my problem is that I've told myself that I can't face another labrador because of Lily's health problems, but actually what would fit the bill is another lab!

I'm in the North East Karen, between Durham and Newcastle. I don't mind how far we have to travel though. Are you looking for the same as me, an oldie lurcher girl? My biggest problem is having a cat, which rules out a lot of working lurchers, although I think my beloved Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess had been a worker and she eventually happily lived with my cat, and the chickens too.

That will have stopped your "habits" for a few weeks then. Whats the talent like there anyway ?

Accidentally knocked the freezer switch at some point, don't know how, and freezer has defrosted. Ate a pizza for supper. Threw all the veggies into a pot which is now simmering away and will hopefully produce several containers of soup. There are Quorn burgers and sausages and fillets, which will have to be eaten over the next 3 days. Will be sick of the stuff by then. Am currently trying to rehome 2 packets of filled fresh pasta parcels and 2 kilos of minced tripe :rolleyes: At this point I am missing living up the road from Trallwm Farm.

Its usually so cold here that you could just stack it all on the windowsill and bat cats off every half hour