UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

She's been told that she absolutely cannot retest again (I think they have had previous tests, but apparently DEFRA are being much fiercer about this than they have been in the past, when retests were allowed), and that the only thing she can do now other than let them all be killed is go to court - which she can't afford, even if she thought she might win. :mecry:

It's really heartbreaking, I don't know why they won't let her at least re-test, and to be denied vaccination as well! It's just awful. It's not as though any of them are even ill. :mecry:

They cannot stop her paying for the vet to retest. Its a terrible terrible system and my cows have to go throught it every year. Its only in the last year that they have changed the rules and its devastating for anyone who has years of linage or just pets. Im bang smack in the middle of a TB hotspot but I wont strip graze my cattle.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

I've just heard that two of my friend's cows, Tania and Queen Bee have been tested 'inconclusive' for TB. DEFRA are refusing to allow them a retest, and it may well be that Tania's daughter Faerie will also test inconclusive and all of them will be killed. These are dearly beloved well cared for cattle that have been bred on the same farm for many generations : I can't imagine how terrible this must be for the whole herd and their owner.

She has TB infected badgers on her farm and can't do anything about them: she'd dearly love to vaccinate her cattle, but that's not allowed. :mecry:

That's dreadful. I can't imagine how she must be feeling :(

I've just heard that two of my friend's cows, Tania and Queen Bee have been tested 'inconclusive' for TB. DEFRA are refusing to allow them a retest, and it may well be that Tania's daughter Faerie will also test inconclusive and all of them will be killed. These are dearly beloved well cared for cattle that have been bred on the same farm for many generations : I can't imagine how terrible this must be for the whole herd and their owner.

She has TB infected badgers on her farm and can't do anything about them: she'd dearly love to vaccinate her cattle, but that's not allowed. :mecry:

how awful :GroupHug:

i have had a bit of a disaster :rolleyes: i was scrapping with laney yesterday and he kicked me in the head..... i now sport a hoooooge scratch from my right eyebrow all the way up to the left of my head (going at an angle between eyebrows) i resemble chucky :laugh: normally i wouldn't bother too much but i am off out on wednesday and seeing some important :unsure: whats the best way to cover it up??

RMF : I have ordered some drain rods through Screwfix and will collect them on the way home so I can have a go at the drains. I hope I manage to do it okay. I just hope I don't lose the rods down the drain and have to have them fished out :rolleyes:

Is there no end to the excitement in my life?

Something weird just happened...I was reading the paper at the dining table, Rosie had gone outside and Dylan went upstairs to bed. Next moment, out of the corner of my eye I saw Dyl..I presumed...come rushing past me back into the living room. I thought it a bit odd, once he's gone upstairs he usually doesn't stir til lunchtime. I got up to go upstairs to the loo, glanced in the living room..no dog. EH??? Got upstairs..Dyl is flat out asleep on the back bed. Both my bigger black dogs, Saphyre and Ziggy (dobes) have been dead for about 16 years, why would one of them suddenly decide to visit?

sorry I havent kept up

been to the doctors, not good. she says its either bad chest infection as she can hear the crackling, or pneumonia is back. to pack a bag, and when I have xrays at 2, if it is they will keep me in. I cant keep being like this. so if im not back here later you know where I am, again

They have changed the rules now so before you could retest untill they either showed they had TB or were clear.

I thought this group may offer support.

http://www.southwest-tbadvice.co.uk/

sorry I havent kept up

been to the doctors, not good. she says its either bad chest infection as she can hear the crackling, or pneumonia is back. to pack a bag, and when I have xrays at 2, if it is they will keep me in. I cant keep being like this. so if im not back here later you know where I am, again

Alicia you sound like you are really going through it. Take the chance to have a day or two in a hospital bed with someone doing the feeding and caring.

In rescue world we call such trips to hospital HOLIDAYS

Get well soon, Jazz.

Suzeanna, that is really odd but weird stuff happens. I assume you have checked the house to be sure you don't have a stowaway? I'm thinking of the time a few weeks ago when I let what I thought was Wispa into the house 3 times in the dark and then found 2 unexpected and completely unknown labs in the house.

@Alex: You will not lose the drain rods as long as you hold them straight or twist them clockwise all the time you are feeding them into the drain, wiggling them around and pulling them out. If during the process you turn them anti clockwise they can unscrew.

Wind is worse than ever here, hard to stay on feet, so we had a good walk along the canal which is a short car journey of 5 miles away and relatively sheltered.

A friend from uni came to spend the day here yesterday. We last saw each other in 1982, 15 years after we graduated. It was really good, we talked all day and had a walk in the wood with Wispa. Friend is a homeopath and brought me remedies to help a cracked rib which I got on Saturday thanks to the wind. It is not a good idea to try parascending with no para, especially on a tarmac lane.

how awful :GroupHug:

i have had a bit of a disaster :rolleyes: i was scrapping with laney yesterday and he kicked me in the head..... i now sport a hoooooge scratch from my right eyebrow all the way up to the left of my head (going at an angle between eyebrows) i resemble chucky :laugh: normally i wouldn't bother too much but i am off out on wednesday and seeing some important :unsure: whats the best way to cover it up??

Is it swollen at all? if not, and if it's not actively bleeding so you wont have a scab, any good concealer type make up should cover it. If you've got a department store with a make up department..you know the type, assistants leap out at you clutching perfume or something :rolleyes: they should be able to help.

No stowaways Owl...I'm none the wiser!

Edited by suzeanna