UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lissies ok thank you, shes bunged up again, but the next poo might be diohrrea. my kennel friend came yesterday to cut the 2 fosters claws, she said natural yoghurt is good for them, so ill try that. so natural yoghurt is very different to a strawberry one? just thinking could get small pots so it doesnt go off

Natural yoghurt doesn't go off very quickly if kept in the fridge- it is milk that has gone off anyway.

You could try giving her some bran mixed with her food or Albran cereal.

Boiled and mashed pumpkin or squash might work- it works for both constipation and diarrhea.

ooo sam, im excited for you!

I haff been brave, and sorted out my jeans in the wardrobe!

Ive got 9 pairs for the charity as they are too big,and now have 3 pairs that fit. problem is, ive only got them lol my 14s just fall down. im trying a belt

what would you do with the horses if you did catch them? best the RSPCA sort them or someone who can take them away

I sorted my jeans last week, i now also have 3 pairs lol

These poor horses cant be caught, they are practically unhandled and very weary of people, the Rspca will only remove anything thats deemed ill or if anything is caught and contained, which somehow i cant see any of these being, its all really sad :-(

Some of the ones i saw in the field the other day really are beautiful, or could be..... i couldnt see them all, hedges in ways and you dont really want to be going into the field when theres maybe 50 plus gonna surround you by the gate, i just feel so sorry for them

I have no idea of the actual amount, originally i was told 70, then anywhere between 70 and 130.... because of the way the fields they are in are laid out you cant see the whole field, I saw at least 40 in 1 part, its sad... there is another part of this 'herd' a few miles away and rumour has it, the numbers are similar.... and they havent started foaling yet... question is tho how do you get someone to take action and help them?

Would you be able to contact world horse welfare? They tend to be a bit more supportive.

How exciting for the trip to Oz Sam! Very jealous!

Have just got home. Mum has done the worst possible thing and gone to bed, I am trying to stay awake for as long as possible as I have work tomorrow :(

Will probably sort out my piccies sometime this afternoon and do a photo thread :biggrin;

Welcome home

Problem with these horses is that there are so many amd no one has the resources. Sadly if they were like Spindles farm then everyone would pitch in cos its a good fundraiser !

If WHW takes them at their cost it could be that a court gives them back.

Its a nightmare and a growing one

WHW are my next stop, sadly as Lesley says its such a big group no one i guess has the room etc to do much, i guess once they get some spring/summer grass a fair load will go for meat.... but then it wont be long and we'll see foals about here too..... just walking the dogs this afternoon I can see they have been out and about again, goodness only knows where they have been and where they'll end up this time.

They arent in awful condition so the Rspca cant do anything, obviously the conditions arent ideal, but the roaming is a massive problem, we've also had strangles outbreaks down this way in last 2 weeks, and its about 2 weeks since this lot appeared, a friend lost a mare last week.... I just wish it was possible these poor animals all had loving homes, they are so nervy of people it would be a massive job, but keep the suggestions coming i am more than happy to keep emailing/writing/fighting in any way i can

These are the pics i took when i passed their fields

Horses190211006.jpg

Horses190211027.jpg

Horses190211029.jpg

Horses190211033.jpg

Horses190211035.jpg

Horses190211039.jpg

Horses190211042.jpg

Horses190211054.jpg

The last pic, there were 40 plus behind the hedge

Julia how lucky of you to see Boyzone :biggrin: I hope you arent missing Darren too much and you managed to get your car sorted.

Amy, sounds like the stress is causing the ulcers. I believe Vitamin B helps with ulcers. :GroupHug:

Oz rail are booking me flight to go over to them in mid March for 3 weeks

:jumpy:

How exciting for you!! Are you taking a certain cheeky cuddly dog with you?

Alex, glad your family are OK after the earthquake. I didnt hear about it until lunchtime. Very scarey for them all and very sad for those that lost their lives, and those that lost their homes.

And no its not Friday........ wishful thinking!!

Mog, I hope you can get your migraine under control. I sympathise with you. Though I do suffer with them, I havent had one for a long time now. I had a friend who swore by feverfew for migraines. I think she took it all the time as she was a regular sufferer. Worth a google. :flowers: :GroupHug:

Had another very frustrating day at work. No internet or emails again and no idea when we might get them back!! All the relevant companies involved are blaming each other for our lack of service. Meanwhile we have to try and run a business and do all the things that have become automated and done online in a manual way. Not easy when all your banking/payment systems are online and your sister companies/suppliers are spread across the globe and on opposite ends of the clock! :rolleyes:

On a positive note.... I have been to Zumba again tonight! I love it, its a great way to de-stress. Wish I had time to go to at least one other class a week.