UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Hmph :angry: I'm still seeing the poopie picture. I changed both the avatar and the picture (the one of me with the bird) to the handsome boy one and obviously have logged off since then but logging on today - old stuff. Straaaaaange.

I've been seeing this one today - is that the puppy picture or the right one?

photo-77.jpg

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: I am now seeing the noo pic, what a handsome boy he has become.

Windy and wet here today, just had my three out for a bit of a run. Have to do some tidying and am going to take my 'puter to the PC shop later to see if any bits can be used in a rebuild or else get a new one altogether. I nearly threw it out the window the other day 'cos it was sooooo sllooooooooow..... :dry:

I hate wind chimes, spawn of the devil, id be lopping them downfirst day lol

Wedged a sturdy stepladder into angle of house and removed spawn of the devil with large pliers. Noe all we can hear is horrendous wind and lashing branches, much better. Wispa is agitating to go out for a walk, but wind is nearly taking me off my feet. Can't go into the wood in this, too dangerous. We might drive down the hill to get out of the full impact and find a footpath to explore.

Edited by owl

I've been seeing this one today - is that the puppy picture or the right one?

photo-77.jpg

Thats Me and a Barn Owl !! Who you calling a Poopie :laugh: That was my "picture" - my avatar was the poopie. Gawd this is getting complicated -hey its obviously pot luck as to what you see so enjoy!!

Off to Torquay today to be entertained by number one son - more birthday "stuff". Will it never end ? (Hope not). See yall on Sunday

Sorry to hear about the pomello shortage, still not sure why anyone would want to eat one though :unsure: . How far are you prepared to travel if we spot them in other Lidls around the country?

Sadly as they dont grow in many places they are seasonal and Iv struck out till next time :ohmy:

Edited by Trallwm farm

Thats Me and a Barn Owl !! Who you calling a Poopie :laugh: That was my "picture" - my avatar was the poopie. Gawd this is getting complicated -hey its obviously pot luck as to what you see so enjoy!!

Umm Im still seeing Mungo :unsure: No sign of a owl :laugh:

Friend has picked up her noo foster dog and am hoping I get to meet him later :biggrin:

Previous tenant fastened some heavy duty wind chimes very securely to the soffit above the door. They normally don't do more than the occasional tinkle as they are so heavy. I have tried to get them off a while back but gave up. We had clanging and clattering all night. As soon as this wind drops enough for me to stand on a stepladder, I am going up with a hacksaw :mad:

Where we lived previously our next door neighbour put up wind chimes.

My bitch thought it was the doorbell every time it chimed and ran barking to the door.

Wispa and I went exploring the towpath of the Chesterfield Canal which was much less windy than here. We had an interesting time, and walked for a while with a lovely rescued GSP girl and her mum, so 2 very happy pointery fings had lots of fun and got very wet playing in a shallow pond :wub:

The ducks on the canal are very cheeky. If they see a dog on lead they swim right up to the bank and snigger at it. If the dog is offlead they stay over the far side and keep quiet. If they had managed to wind Wispa up enough to pull me into the canal, they would have been high-fiving each other with their wings.

Hadn't realised when I let the dogs out after their dinner that three of my fence panels..out of sight of the house..had blown down and the little beggars escaped! :ohmy: Thankfully, they went straight across my next door neighbours garden (from which they could have gone straight out to the road) and gone into the next one along, somehow wiggled inside her wire fencing and couldn't get back out again, so between us we nabbed them! Dylan is looking very sheepish, and Rosie couldn't care less! I'm highly cheesed off as I managed to rick my knee trying to climb over the flattened fence so I'm not speaking to either of em!

Oh Suzeanna it's scary when that happens. We lost part of our fencing a few years back in high winds and I saw 3 of mine on the main road out the front. Sheena stayed in the garden. Thankfully I kept my head called one of them and the others followed like sheep.

Keep safe Phebe. Sounds bad.

Mommybear I am seeing a rather lovely ginger and white young man. He's not tiddly tiny size. Does that help? The pic Karen is showing has no owl in it.

Think you need to refresh your refuge as it's showing you old stuff. I've got the same problem at the mo since Pingu started having a fiddle. My refuge is ginormous when I click into it and I can't log on unless I click on one of the sub forums.

It's orrible here. Winds getting up again and apparently we're going to have nowt but rain all weekend. Car is still in the garage til we go bail it out in the morning. A sensor has gone in the gearbox and they haven't got the part. It ain't gonna be cheap.

We received an email asking us to take Sadie off website for now as the rescue were having some issues with previous owner :unsure: They should still get back to you though.

Thanks for letting me know Amy.

I know how busy rescues are but I don't think they do themselves any favours when this sort of thing happens. If it happens to people who are not aware of all the work that goes on in rescue and are prepared to be patient and keep searching, I would imagine a couple of experiences of non-communicative rescues would send them straight into the arms of the backyard breeders/puppy farms :( I do hope Sadie gets a lovely home, even if it's not with me or Karen.

That's a bit scary Suzeanna :ohmy: I'm glad it all ended happily :flowers:

We have lots of big chunks of cement on the driveway, I think some roof tiles may have given up the ghost but it's too dark to see, and it's way too windy to be getting a ladder out :unsure:

Edited by JulesB