UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Went to bed at 10.30, read till midnight (I just had to finish that book!) then was still awake at 2.30, and woke again at 5.45! now..do I go back to bed for an hour or so, or will that mean I'll be awake half the night again tonight??

On the subject of the menopause, a woman my mother knew who was a pillar of the community, very active in the church etc. went completely loopy when she had hers...standing in the road outside the very proper vicar's house in the middle of the night (in her nightie) screaming that he had sexually assaulted her! She was carted off to a mental institution where she stayed for several months..came out fine but she moved, she was so ashamed of what she'd done, poor woman.

I've been having the depo injection for years as it stops your period totally. They say you can put

lucky you :flowers: I too was on deppo for many years because of my PMS and loved it originally being told that I could stay on it until after menopause so that hopefully I wouldn't have any problems, but when I reached 45 my Dr told me that new guidance had come out which meant I couldn't have it any more (nothing wrong with me when I was on it and no side effects or problems) I was offered the mirena coil instead - but having done my research on that I decided against it, I don't need contraception I just didn't want my hormones back and there was a good chance that the mirena might make things worse :wacko: so now I just have to live with it.

I had blood tests and a ultra sound about 2 years ago to see if I was menopausal or perimenopausal and was told I wasn't although there was thinning of the womb so I was on my way towards menopause apparently :wacko: I suspect I am perimenopasal now but can't be bothered to get tested again.

Alex, I chose the synthetic one, not the one made with mares urine if that's what you're thinking of?

That's interesting, I didn't think the synthetic one was very effective, so thanks :flowers:

I can't take anything containing progesterone, couldn't even take the mini pill which sent me loopy after a week.

I'm on HRT and couldn't do without it. Had the foulest temper. Completely shocked me and I couldn't stop it. I'm sure I would commit murder for no good reason. Alex if your period pains are severe I would have it looked into. I had Endometriosis from a young age and was fobbed off for a long long time.

I was offered the mirena coil instead - but having done my research on that I decided against it, I don't need contraception I just didn't want my hormones back and there was a good chance that the mirena might make things worse :wacko: so now I just have to live with it.

I have a Mirena for the progesterone and patches for the oestrogen. It's like being an ordinary person again instead of an evil b*tch from Hell. :D

Most people are fine on the Mirena coil, but because it has a small amount of progesterone it sent me loopy, so I had to have it taken out again (and it was feckin painful) :wacko:

RMF : left work at 3pm, went to Morrisons on teh way home. I really don't like that place but it is the closest supermarket to my house and on the way home, so it had to do for today. Filled up with petrol as well, so I can use it all up again driving over to the Wirral on Saturday and again Sunday.

Most people are fine on the Mirena coil, but because it has a small amount of progesterone it sent me loopy, so I had to have it taken out again (and it was feckin painful) :wacko:

Removing the last one was fine but had the new one inserted under sedation and a local and it still bloody hurt. :ohmy:

Edited by Spins4me

RMF : left work at 3pm, went to Morrisons on teh way home. I really don't like that place but it is the closest supermarket to my house and on the way home, so it had to do for today. Filled up with petrol as well, so I can use it all up again driving over to the Wirral on Saturday and again Sunday.

Removing the last one was fine but had the new one inserted under sedation and a local and it still bloody hurt. :ohmy:

and that right there ladies is one of the reasons I decided against it :flowers: even my Dr admitted there was usually some "discomfort" in fitting or removing it and having spoken to more than a few people who'd used one and had that confirmed from their personal experiences added to the fact that it can sometimes make periods heavier (and lord knows thats the last flipping thing I need) I ended up not bothering.

and that right there ladies is one of the reasons I decided against it :flowers: even my Dr admitted there was usually some "discomfort" in fitting or removing it and having spoken to more than a few people who'd used one and had that confirmed from their personal experiences added to the fact that it can sometimes make periods heavier (and lord knows thats the last flipping thing I need) I ended up not bothering.

Its like reading Edgar Alan Poe on here at the moment. We just need someone buried alive with a condom and the story would be complete.

I had the mirena coil fitted and no one told me that pain relief was offered. Five years later it got taken out also without sedation. bastards, I could have done with half hour out cold

After the coil was removed it was discovered that I had gone through the menapause without noticing. I was to busy masterminding armed sieges and making the police smash the ex chief constables windows at thier cost.

After the coil was removed it was discovered that I had gone through the menapause without noticing. I was to busy masterminding armed sieges and making the police smash the ex chief constables windows at thier cost.

So do you recommend that as an effective alternative to HRT? :unsure: