UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Merledogs HWAR do rent the caravan out :flowers: i have thought about going but i would have a hard time with laney and i would come home with more than i went with :laugh:

Ah yes, you may have a point there :laugh: If I were you, I'd get yourself to A&E pronto, before it gets busy later on (the usual amateur football injuries, followed by lots of pissed-people type injuries tonight) :GroupHug:

Yes they rent the caravan out, was really good for our "bizarre hounds" to be around dogs who would have a pop back at them in a telling off way rather than an aggressive way.

We went to a cider place, where the guy selling it had sampled way to much of his own product... he had a small very over the top jack russel called buster, who when we went ot leave jumped into the front of the van, over the seats and into the midst of our 5... doors open and me and mark frantically try to grasp the little ball of horror ad stop our dogs eating him , while drunk cider man shouts buster and falls over. We grab dog finally just before he is inhaled by Riley, help drunk man up and give him a happy unharmed buster.. and then drive off

Yes, we are all off on a day out. Fugee thoughts please, for some luck in tracking down Megan the deerhound lurcher, ran off late Tues night after being clipped by car and probably holed up under a bush somewhere.

Pheobe......... It probably wont be a lurcher.

If she is Deerhound then she should be crossed with another sight hound like a Whippet or Greyhound.

That makes her a L-O-N-G-D-O-G. You cannot expect a regal being to come out of hiding if you are going to insult her. She will probably think you are looking for another dog if you say the word Lurcher. It may be as well to send Bojangles or Bertie with a picnic hamper and butler to bring the girl back.

If her heritage is more working class and her blue blood has been mixed with terrier or collie then THAT is a lurcher. Lurcher means thief in Romany. Deerhounds should have trust funds and mothers to provide for them and generally dont take the wrong path in life. Sadly Bojangles sister despite being given every chance in life, took the wrong path and now mugs Deer in Ashdown forest. Bojangles has written her out of his will.

Edited by Trallwm farm

Yes they rent the caravan out, was really good for our "bizarre hounds" to be around dogs who would have a pop back at them in a telling off way rather than an aggressive way.

We went to a cider place, where the guy selling it had sampled way to much of his own product... he had a small very over the top jack russel called buster, who when we went ot leave jumped into the front of the van, over the seats and into the midst of our 5... doors open and me and mark frantically try to grasp the little ball of horror ad stop our dogs eating him , while drunk cider man shouts buster and falls over. We grab dog finally just before he is inhaled by Riley, help drunk man up and give him a happy unharmed buster.. and then drive off

Sounds like a marvelous time was had by all

I do think it's a brill way for a rescue to bring in money if they have the space , as well as providing an understanding place for a holiday for people with odd dogs like ours..and we would have taken a dog home if ALfie had got on with her so would raise homing

Sorry but that made me lol :laugh:

I have just taken pics of the newly decorated living room, so am going to start a thread.

RMEXHAUSTION: I now why nature stops women from having kids after fifty (or so) it's totally knackering. We, me and OH, have got the Munchkins (only the two eldest) for the day to give my daughter a break. The house now looks like a bomb has hit it, I'm exhausted, Como is exhausted and OH has taken the eldest one out on his own. Oh well only 4 hours to go!! :wacko:

hows flo?

Flo is back with a big blue bandage. They didn't find a grass seed but there was inflammation and infection in the toe so they made a hole in it and have flushed it out. She's all over the place - walking around squeaking and trembling. She's back there on Tuesday - £209 and counting.

I know we'd all pay whatever is necessary to get our dogs well but £209 seems a hell of a lot for a sore toe/pad, whatever.

Flo is back with a big blue bandage. They didn't find a grass seed but there was inflammation and infection in the toe so they made a hole in it and have flushed it out. She's all over the place - walking around squeaking and trembling. She's back there on Tuesday - £209 and counting.

I know we'd all pay whatever is necessary to get our dogs well but £209 seems a hell of a lot for a sore toe/pad, whatever.

Poor Flo hope she is okay soon , did she have any sedation / anaesthesia ? that can really add on the costs as the induction drug is very expensive as is the gas and oxygen . Even so £ 209 seems a bit steep , do they count Saturdays as out of hours maybe ?

Poor Flo hope she is okay soon , did she have any sedation / anaesthesia ? that can really add on the costs as the induction drug is very expensive as is the gas and oxygen . Even so £ 209 seems a bit steep , do they count Saturdays as out of hours maybe ?

The cost of the anaesthetic is based on the weight of the dog, as the heavier the dog the more anaesthesia is required.

Each xray plate is charged for.

You should be given an itemised bill showing each charge down to the smallest item. If you aren't given ask for it. It can make for interesting reading.

Edited by blackmagic