UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

wow, ive actually laughed at something today. must be the fact that I actually kept in the jacket potato last night

yyeeaaaa

id like to also say. I was very low yesterday. nesty is a dream 99% of the time. the other bit is hard work. I was looking at her and thinking I shouldnt have got her, I shouldnt have listened to caring friends saying I should have a smaller dog. I was wanting a GSD, I was wanting shadow back.

then nesty took me to a bucket of old toys that she hadnt noticed before. I took one out, thats not it, next, not quite. then I took out shadows ball. her tail was madly wagging and she took it like a prized posession. she then came and sat on my knee,sunk into me. no growling, just love

cryed then, crying now

*grumble grumble* a month ago I advised all contributors to the magazine that THIS months mag would need to be in ON TIME as the boss is away next week and unless I get the copy to the printer by tomorrow morning at the latest the printer will not have enough time to get it printed and delivered when I am in work to take delivery, I asked them to let me know if they would be unable to do so as I would need to rearrange my diary so that I could change my working days next week if I had to ... I followed that up with a reminder email 2 weeks ago giving them 2 further weeks notice that I needed the mag ON TIME and I sent a 3rd reminder last week saying I was off this week and would be working on the mag at home and reminding them that unless it was at the printers tomorrow it would cause me all kinds of buggeration and last min changes to my week .... deadline was yesterday .... and yet as of right now I'm missing 3 entire villages worth of submissions *bangs head on desk repeatedly* one of them has replied to my email this morning asking where it is saying they would "try" and let me have it "later today" no response from the other 2 ... I'm now peed off I have a fecking life too and I have got things to do next week which may well have to be moved around if the mag isn't done.

On top of that for the submissions I have got this morning theres several emails all asking for bits to be added or changed :rolleyes: I tell ya theres no ruddy fear of me ever thinking of changing careers to be an editor.

For heavens sake Alex, if you are feeling so tired leave it another day...it's not going to jump up and run away, is it? :rolleyes:

I have to do these things while I am 'in the mood' for doing stuff, cos I'm a lazy cow and otherwise it just gets left and I won't get round to it for another six months :rolleyes: Plus I am on holiday this week, and I don't have any studying to do (come next month I am back in study mode until end of May next year, so weekends won't be my own any more).

I am a very happy squirrel , the target for the microscope appeal has been reached

Absolutely fabulous news :pinkie:

RMF : I couldn't find any paint to do the skirting boards/door with, apart from a very yellowy cream colour (what on earth possessed me to buy it I don't know). The Antique White satinwood I though I had has grown legs and walked away. But I did find a small pot of varnish so am having a go at varnishing the shelves in the living room (I was going to buy new ones cos the colour doesn't go with my furniture any more). I am quite pleased with the first coat. Will add another coat when it's dried, am having a go at the picture frames now, cos I was going to buy new of those as well.

Am slightly high on the fumes of the varnish, might go back for another sniff :laugh:

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Not only have I STILL not had the missing copy for the magazine but now I'm being hassled by the printer to at least send him the completed front and back cover as they are short staffed next week! So everything I have spent all morning doing now has to be moved around so I can put a back cover together and the rest of the missing items will end up going in from the middle outwards *bangs head on desk HARD*

That's cats for you!

I have just won another client. unsure.gif Can't work out what I am doing right that the rest of the economy is doing wrong, but none the less: hurray! biggrin.gif

Mind you this means even less time for the 99999 things need doing to the Oldies Club site.. mecry.gif