June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope holly is ok :flowers:

:GroupHug: shadow

snow that is a very nice chair....i am glad it is not just me who leaves 2 pages of instructions for the dogs :laugh:

merledogs..could you come and cut my lawns please :biggrin:

marge...have a great holiday

i hope you have a fab time at the HWAR show... my lad is a HWAR boy.... if you see alison from HWAR she was my lads foster mum. i can't go, laney doesn't do other dogs and i am not sure i would want to try my dads car that far just yet :unsure:

i am going to spend the day chilling with my poopies and cat :wub: the weather is lovely which makes diez happy so i am happy :) my mum and dad are off to see the cardiac sudden death chappy in birmingham..... i hope everything comes back clear for my dad (he is a wimp and can't even cope with a blood test so i hate the thought of them saying he needs an angio)

snow that is a very nice chair....i am glad it is not just me who leaves 2 pages of instructions for the dogs :laugh:

i am going to spend the day chilling with my poopies and cat :wub: the weather is lovely which makes diez happy so i am happy :) my mum and dad are off to see the cardiac sudden death chappy in birmingham..... i hope everything comes back clear for my dad (he is a wimp and can't even cope with a blood test so i hate the thought of them saying he needs an angio)

Hope your dad has good news :flowers:

As for instructions - they were more like warnings :laugh: as if we've never had dogs before :rolleyes: Nick makes me laugh after all I'm the one who brought him up around dogs ffs! Bruno is a sweetheart - he is nothing more than a typical gobshite terrier full of beans and full of his own self importance and small dog syndrome - Nog won't tolerate it and Bruno will just have to deal with being told off by Nog if he steps out of line, no big deal really. I am well aware of Bruno's bad habits and some of those are down to human error - like forgetting to put the bin out of his reach when he's on a diet as he's a scavenger & not leaving Nog's food dishes down. We'll bring Nogs crate in and if needs be Bruno will have some time outs in a huuuuuge crate, he also won't be going off lead when walked not because I don't think he'd recall but because he IS a gobshite and theres a couple of iffy dogs round here that would take exception to his behaviour. Nick was more worried about Nog's leg if Bruno tries to wind him up - it's not an issue as Nogs been back off lead with all kinds of dogs lately and he manages just fine. Bruno is more than capable of behaving himself around other dogs - after all he does agility twice a week and is the smallest dog in the class and works off lead quite happily albeit that once back on lead he's a noisy sod :laugh: Funnily enough hubby has a real soft spot for Bruno and he doesn't "do" small dogs and he really really doesn't "do" shouty yappy dogs but he's the one that suggested Bruno comes to us for the day not me :ohmy: mind you he'll also be the one who falls for Bruno's puppy dawg eyes and feel sorry for him :laugh: about the only thing I'm slightly worried about is Nog & Bruno trying to race each other down the stairs.

** I reserve the right to return to this subject calling Bruno every name under the sun and complaining like mad if he decided to have a bad day :laugh:

I have been to Sainsburys and mowed the lawn front and back. I have filled the new paddling pool but none of the dogs are showing the remotest bit of interest in it :rolleyes: Never mind, it will come in handy for putting my feet in when I get overheated.

I have recently joined my Freecycle group to get rid of some stuff (first item going tonight, a pine chest of drawers).

Anyway, this message was posted on there :

Hi, I'm looking to rehome a dog. Size and breed are unimportant but MUST

be good with children as i have a 3 year old daughter. Will get lots of

attention and long walks on the local fields. Will be well looked after

in a loving home with lots of space in the garden to run around. I have

tried the cats and dogs home and they want £70 to rehome a stray and i

just cant afford it. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

If they can't afford £70 then how the hell do they expect to be able to feed the dog and pay for insurance (or vets bills)? :mad: I have looked at the rules and it seems pets are allowed to be advertised on there, but not for breeding purposes.

Lynn have a good time at the HWAR weekend.

Could I have some get better soon thoughts for Cliffy, as he is not

well right now.

He threw up in his basket without coming and telling me, and he has

some very runny No 2's right now.

Poor little mite didnt even get out of bed when I fed the westies this morning.

Afternoon all

Re Holly physically she is okay in that she does not have an underlying medical condition. Her physical issues are connected to her nerves which have been getting worse as she gets older especially since Winnie died. She gets tense a lot which causes all sorts of muscle problems and they make her feel more stressed which makes her even more nervy etc etc

we do some TTouch with her make it very hard to do more than a minute before she literally falls apart and gets even tenser or just hides/withdraws ( she hates TTouch where as Noah loves it ) . I think I will take her down to Tilley Farm and ask them to help me approach the TTouch in a way Holly can handle and respond to ( I use it in Sri Lanka with great success ) but Holly has never been a "normal" dog and the rules in her head are very different.

I am glad its not a physical condition like Winnie but in another way its sad its back her perception of the world because we have worked on that for the last 6 + years with varying levels of success and I just wish I could get into her head and tell her its all okay

If they can't afford £70 then how the hell do they expect to be able to feed the dog and pay for insurance (or vets bills)? :mad: I have looked at the rules and it seems pets are allowed to be advertised on there, but not for breeding purposes.

My friend occasionally gets the Ad Trader to look for horse stuff, the wanted section in the dog bit is a scandal, they always want the perfect dog, sometimes a puppy, pedigree, for free and oh by the way, can it be delivered too, cheeky barstewards, and just how do they expect to care for it angry.gif

I have to make the decision with shadow, but I cant take her. Im a mess thinking about it. :mecry: :mecry:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif,

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Holly and Kelly's dad Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Jazz Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif. Now, if this sounds cold and mean I don't mean it that way. We know its hard but you have to put your own feelings aside and think what is right for Shadow. In your heart you will know when and what is right but please, don't ignore it because it hurts so much. Love you x

Poor Holly sad.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Cliffy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Hi all :wavey:

Edited by chasta

I have to make the decision with shadow, but I cant take her. Im a mess thinking about it. :mecry: :mecry:

Sorry Jazz I missed this as I was posting

These are the times when we have to detach what we feel/need from what our pet feels/needs , I think its the hardest time to be caring owner but the most crucial in our relationship with our pets

Can you speak with someone to help you balance what you feel with what Shadow needs Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

It's a hard call Jazz :GroupHug: You will do what is best, you always do.

Saw a sad sight today :( someone I knew from years ago was in the queue at the supermarket,in her hand was 2 cans of Pimms. When I came out, she was sat in her car drinking one, she had been "dry" for several years, just feel so sorry such an addiction or illness causes so much unhappiness.

Sorry Jazz, I was posting the same time as you. :GroupHug:

Edited by Lizzie

Afternoon all

Re Holly physically she is okay in that she does not have an underlying medical condition. Her physical issues are connected to her nerves which have been getting worse as she gets older especially since Winnie died. She gets tense a lot which causes all sorts of muscle problems and they make her feel more stressed which makes her even more nervy etc etc

we do some TTouch with her make it very hard to do more than a minute before she literally falls apart and gets even tenser or just hides/withdraws ( she hates TTouch where as Noah loves it ) . I think I will take her down to Tilley Farm and ask them to help me approach the TTouch in a way Holly can handle and respond to ( I use it in Sri Lanka with great success ) but Holly has never been a "normal" dog and the rules in her head are very different.

I am glad its not a physical condition like Winnie but in another way its sad its back her perception of the world because we have worked on that for the last 6 + years with varying levels of success and I just wish I could get into her head and tell her its all okay

My retriever cross has never tolerated TTouch done gently. He tenses up, glares at me and moves away after a couple of strokes. But, if I do it very firmly he loves it and pushes against me for more.