UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Well done Owl and Wispa, you must be shattered. Is searching and tracking something you've trained her to do from scratch Phebe, or is it her natural instinct as a breed, and you've worked on channelling it?

Hello Jazz, sorry to hear things have not been too great :flowers: :GroupHug:

Congratulations Michelle, and I hope you find another job soon. It's horrible when you feel stuck in a job you want out of.

We have a lovely sunny day here in the North East. The woods were lovely this morning after yesterday's rain.

We were set to go back today, but dog was caught in a garden last night, about 20 mins dog-trot to the west of where we were yesterday. Very relieved as dog is a shy little cav on epilepsy medication. In fact, I am so relieved I am mecry.gif

That is wonderful news Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : Uncertainty is starting to rear its ugly head at work again in terms of job security. I really wish they'd stop messing about and just stick to something and not keep chopping and changing all the time.

hello all, I will post pics in a coupe of days, Tessie and her brother Archie

are getting clipped, the groomer is coming to the house tomorrow so I

hope she doesnt ask who clipped Cliffy, err that would be me :unsure:

and hope Tessie doesnt stress with daddy in view all the time.

:GroupHug: to all them that need one right now, especially Kazz, give all your

gang a :wub: on the nose form me please, just make sure Snoops doesnt try and nip you back, the bugger

:laugh: :laugh:

It's hubbys birthday today and I got him good biggrin.gif he's been going on and on lately about being old and his body wearing out and saying things like "you won't have to worry about that cos I'll be dead soon" rolleyes.gif it's all a bit tongue in cheek but it's got on my nerves a bit so much so I've started calling him "Victor" (Meldrew) ...anywhooo I bought him a book as a present and have been biting my tongue all week since it arrived so as not to give it away ...... 100 Things to Do When You Are Dead laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif the look on his face this morning was priceless! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well done Owl and Wispa, you must be shattered. Is searching and tracking something you've trained her to do from scratch Phebe, or is it her natural instinct as a breed, and you've worked on channelling it?

No way could I train her from scratch, I wouldn't know where to start. She learned tracking from other dogs, particularly a friend's wonderful old GWP who is sadly no longer with us. She learned about looking for missing dogs by going out on searches with me, and she put the two things together. It is what she loves to do best of anything. I don't really handle her, I am only there to drive, serve refreshments and talk on the mobile :laugh: She just has the right mix of breeds to do the job, and it may be that she has picked up some puli skills from Polly as well.

Went over to my previous home this afternoon. The friend who moved in after me is now moving out, so I helped her with a few things and also collected some more conifers in pots which I had left there. This time they didn't get a chance to nick the tax disc. I know what thieving little beggars they are and made them behave :biggrin: House move was going smoothly until friend's labrador escaped and was away across the fields. Luckily he was caught on a farm a few miles away, and we collected one very filthy dog covered in manure and smelling for some reason of fish :unsure:

Morning :tired:

I'm finding the Sookie books hard going after the Twilight lot, think I'll stick to the TV show... Or maybe I just need to be in a different frame of mind?

Hello Kate and welcome to RMF :wavey:

RMF : Numpty behind me had someone chopping down a hawthorn tree last night which overhung my greenhouse. I'm glad it's gone but I was watching him do it and he made a right mess of it rolleyes.gif I have just been out and kindly returned over the fence all the detritus that landed in my garden. There is another hawthorn overhanging my arbour which blocks light to my wisteria, so am hoping that's next.

It's Friday and bank holiday weekend :partytime:

Went to my usual (excellent) tyre place on my way into work to get the spare tyre replaced on my car. They managed to fix the puncture so I didn't need a new tyre after all (despite them having ordered one in especially) biggrin.gif So instead of £50 for a new tyre I paid £10 (plus tip) for a repair and only waited 15 mins while they sorted it.

If anyone is in the Eccles area, they are called Taffy's Tyres (great name) on Renshaw Street M30 and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Hello :wavey:

Just home for lunch.

Congrats Michelle :liebe94:

Can't remember much else as I've whizzed through a few. Please take :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :liebe94: if needed.

Last night I dreamt that I brought a friend home and then let the dogs out into the back garden. The first dog to come out for a cuddle was Spike! :wub: :mecry: I didn't feel sad when I woke up though. There didn't seem any reason why he shouldn't be there :worried_anim:

I'm sure I could find it somewhere, but what does RMF stand for??

Sat here feeling sorry for myself as have impaled foot on spike of metal on way to take dogs out, OUCH!!!! Little bit of shock and a few tears later starting to feel a little better, not looking forward to OH applying the savlon tho! :wacko:

RMF stands for Random Mundane Facts or "Fings" laugh.gif essentially the thread has no particular topic, it's just a place where we can pop in and out and just say whatever we are doing, feeling, thinking etc. It drifts and rambles all over the place but is a great way to get to know each other and keep up with whats going on (well we try and keep up but sometimes it can move fast and things do get missed so if it's something you really really want a reply about its best to start a new thread) one moment we can be talking about Merl's trees, the next Owl's tracking, the next treading on spikey bits of metal wink.gif just whatever you want to share or respond to really - so welcome to RMF hope your hurty foot doesn't sting too much when the savlon goes on flowers.gif

Amy, be careful what you wish for! You might bring the coalition down and have another election! laugh.gif

OUCH to the spiked foot.

I don't think I mentioned in here that Mollydog has been in and had another operation to remove the wires and screws from inside her leg (put in after her tendon injury back at the start of September!

She went in again today to have the bandages off and it's all looking quite good considering - he's done a very neat job stapling up her tissue-paper skin and it's not swollen at all.