UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Nige rooroo on TT has one,Boycie,very sweet.I'm all packed ready for the Beer Show tomorrow - running my first Oldies stall on my own so fingers crossed it all goes OK,and I remembered to pack the gazebo last (just :laugh: ).Forecast is hot but the field it's in is right on the coast so hopefully there'll be a breeze,such a pretty village as well.Will take Duncan and Trixie to the beach afterwards.

Ahh didnt know that, I love Beer, havent been ther since I was teenager though, oh, and I love beer

RMwannapukeF: I have a touch of Delhi Belly (is that politicaly incorrect these days? don't mean to offend but I'm sure everyone will know what I mean) :sick01:

Just cal it the sh1t$ :laugh:

I have been trying for the last year via the letting agent to get the landlord to deal with a leaky chimney through which rain seeps down to bedroom ceiling. No response. My neighbour pointed out to me today that the concrete on the chimney top has cracked all the way round and there is no longer any pointing on the bricks, and a ridge tile has lifted and is pointing skywards. Also electric shower has finally conked out. Have to try and get the agents into action tomorrow. House has no damp course or underfloor membrane, and all the render on the outside is cracking up with damp seeping through. Landlord lives in France and isn't bothered. The house is up for sale at approx £50K more than it is worth in its present condition and no one ever looks at it, but he doesn't care as long as my rent covers the mortgage. I like living here but it is only going to get damper if nothing is done. If no action forthcoming will be inclined to talk to the council.

Stop the rent for a while, that might get his attention

:GroupHug: to all that need them

It's awfully warm again today - I don't do heat at all so I am absolutely dreading tomorrow in work and tbh if it's anything like what I'm afraid of I shall be coming back home again. Bosses wife is an artist, in my office no more than 3'' from my chair is a large electric kiln, the kiln hasn't been fired up for quite a while due to her being pregnant and never ever when I have been due to work in the office, however shes agreed to make some stuff for a wedding and needs to fire her samples so before I left work today she started the kiln up - it goes up 30 degrees every half hour until it reaches 600 degrees then it goes up 90 degrees every 30 mins until it reaches 1250 degrees then it sits and bakes for however long it is she wants it sitting and baking and then slowly loses heat naturally which takes many hours. During this operation the outside skin of the kiln itself can reach 160 degrees ..... the kiln sits on several concrete slabs on top of the carpet to provide heatproof insulation (supposedly) but is sourounded by my desk, the computer, 2 printers, filing cabinets, papers strewn everywhere & the room is lined with floor to the ceiling & wall to wall books .... wacko.gif it is going to be like a giant flipping oven in there ohmy.gif by my calculations it wont even reach 1250 degrees until after 1am then it needs to bake for at least 2 hours and only then will it even begin to cool down - I've just googled to try and find out how long the cooling down takes and it appears that it can take twice as long to cool down as it took to fire up!!! I'm due back in at 9am!!! ohmy.gif I'm pretty damned sure H&S wouldn't think it a terribly good idea for me to be sitting 3 feet away from a red hot kiln with an outside temp of 160 degrees!

It looks like this:

electric_kiln01.jpg

We have a new pet, chewy [as in chewed up] the goldfish. One of the cats had him poor thing. Dont know if he'll survive but hes in my emergency tank and can now stay the correct way up, a vast improvement from a few hours ago. Hes obviously from my neighbours pond as they've taken the netting off so it looks better :rolleyes: and moan that their fish are disappearing :wacko:I know its my cat that got him but i wish they'd replace the net and save their fish the trauma but they wont. If Chewy makes it he can go in our pond as its covered with wire and safe.

The place I went to for a training course today is on an industrial estate. I parked a bit up the road from the office and had to walk down. When I came round a corner I could hear a cat meowing loudly from behind some bushes, sounding very distressed, so I called it. A tabby cat came rushing out from the bushes for a fuss and it was such a friendly thing wub.gif It had a horrid looking injury on it's bum, which thankfully was healing well (looked like a big hole had been made in it). It was obviously desperate for a cuddle as it started following me up the road. I had to ignore it cos I couldn't have it following me to the office. Then I realised I'd left my laptop in the car, so had to go back for it, past puss. He/she followed me up the road to the car. Had it not been so hot, I would have put it in the crate in the car. Anyway, I said to myself I would collect it at lunchtime and take it home and crate it until I could check it over and report to animal warden. I couldn't stop thinking about it all the way through the training, and as soon as it finished, I went outside hoping he/she would still be there, but puss had disappeared sad.gif I drove round for a bit looking for it and calling it, but to no avail. Then I went into my office and on the way back I detoured back to where puss was, drove around calling it but couldn't find it mecry.gif I really hope it's managed to find someone to look after it or that it had wandered off and found its way home.

Then when I was driving home from there, I saw a black cat dead in the road mecry.gif

My eldest daughter is devastated tonight, one of her best mates was on his motorbike and was hit by a bus. Details are sketchy and all we know is hes in intensive care and has had bad internal bleeding. Pedro's family are with him and alls we can do is hope he'll be ok :(

:GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for Pedro and his friends and family

Sleep tight little black cat :mecry:

I have invented a new recipe for those with less than full cupboards - 2 potato spray tan bake :laugh: cos all I had was a normal spud, a sweet potato, an orange pepper rattling round in the bottom of the fridge, a red onion, 2 rather sad toms and loads of lovely strong cheddar. It's a bit of an orange version of cheese and potato pie with no pastry but topped with sad toms and more cheese. It made enough for at least 3 meals and was deeelish :D

RMF I would like a refund on this body and a sparkly noo replacement please. My feet are horrid, have bits falling off and other bits growing, they are too hurty and taped together to stop them falling off completely :angry:

I am very very proud of my springers today.

Talyn had to go to the vet to have some lumps checked and to get microchipped. He was a superstar - no weeing even when lifted on and off the table and he even gave the vet a little kiss as she was feeling around for his lumps. Lumps are just fatty and nothing to worry about and only so noticeable as he is soooo skinny.

Also took him to agility tonight with Breck, and he took some food from people, no crouching down trying to hide, and no spinning about everywhere and barking at the other dogs.

Breck was also a superstar at agility and nailed every single weave entry, and only sniffed the floor once and that was because I had got myself in a mess and he didn't know what he was supposed to do.

And......Khanu has been a superstar all day with Talyn, even though he has been hot and bothered. Not one grump today, and he even just stood there when Talyn ran underneath him to get outside :biggrin:

I'm really very proud of my guys, they put up with a lot really and just take it in their stride much of the time, and Talyn is really settling in well.

Hoping Pedro pulls through and thinking of him and his family, friends :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: to anyone else in need at the mo. Seem to be quite a lot.

Was asking about catnip for me venture like so plenty of time to get some later on rather than sell sub standard stuff to the feline furries.

Are you turning into a feline drugs baron Michelle :unsure:

Well done Breck and Talyn - Kelly I don't 'know' your other dogs, can I have some piccies please :flowers:

Thankfully it's getting a bit cooler however the small furries are now in overdrive. I think I'm tired enough to sleep through their various gallumphing and wheel spins.

Off to bed now.

NN :flowers:

Goodnight Marian :flowers:

Poor little black cat. I hope the other cat found its way home Alex. I know it's wimpish, but if I see pass what is obviously a dead cat that has been run over and left, and run over again and again, I have to avoid that road for weeks :(

Kelly, what a lovely update on Talyn and his family. I'm glad it's all coming together for you :wub:

Sending positive thoughts for Pedro and his family and friends :GroupHug:

Envious of your gallop on the beach Julia, where are the pics though :biggrin:

I have been paddling - brilliant way to stay cool just run an ankle deep bath of cold water and leave it there, then whenever I get hot or my feet swell and hurt I go for a paddle if I'm very hot I sit on the side of the bath reading a book with my feet in the water slowly turning from red to blue laugh.gif