UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: you know your cat best so dont be persauded otherwise by her. At least you had test results to hand etc so could immediately prove yourself. Its ridiculous that on one hand you're accused of starving a cat but also overfeeding a dog!!

Latest update is that Pedro is out of danger and is awake and talking :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fantastic and well done Alex :biggrin:

Edited by collies r best

Well done that white van man, Alex!!

:mecry: RSPCA have been :err: She was very concerned about Gus and his appearance. It is shocking to be honest but he has been like this since before I got him. She thinks it is ridiculous that he has not put weight on (which it is really) when his tests came back clear. By some miracle, I was able to find the test results sheet to show her. She said she would ring the vet for his opinion but as he hasn't seen Gus for a while, (possibly since his booster last August), I didn't think it was fair to ask him to make a judgement without seeing him so I have said I will make an appointment tomorrow.

She suggested that it might have been better if the rescue had not rehomed him :err: and asked me to consider his quality of life :unsure: He eats, he sleeps, he pees on the carpet, he watches birds in the garden, he gets stroked by humans and cuddles up to his brother. I considered he had good quality of life but maybe I am wrong :mecry: :mecry:

The woman then said the rest of the animals are in good condition but Toffee is overweight and I should get her on a diet :err: I said that she would have a full time job if she went around the Wirral knocking on the door of everyone with an overweight dog...I can't believe she would kick me when I am down like that :mecry:

I said that she could have been a bit more fair on me as I had let her into my house when I didn't have to and let her see my pets and their environment. The kids were upset to see me upset.

I don't blame anyone else in this. He does look neglegted. She is doing her job. I will just have to see what the vet thinks.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Don't worry, if he's been to the vet and gotten the all clear then there's nothing the RSPCA can do Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I passed the exam I sat in March :partytime: 9 exams passed, 1 result awaited, hopefully 5 more exams to do.

bigsmiley.gif Clever girl biggotam.gif Does that mean you'll be eating another jobie sandwich whistle.gif

I am f****** seething, I was switched over to TalkTalk from Tiscali, I have just tried to use my phone to be told by an automated voice " you are not registered to use this service" what the f*** does that mean ! I can't even phone the bastards as I can't get a mobile signal in my house, I've E Mailed them but don't have much hope, if it's not working again by tomorrow I'll drive somewhere I can get reception on my mobile and give them hell....big1.gif

Latest update is that Pedro is out of danger and is awake and talking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Brilliant news :partytime:

Does that mean you'll be eating another jobie sandwich whistle.gif

Nope, learned my lesson on that one tongue.gif Hope your phone gets sorted, Talktalk are shite at customer service in my experience.

Brilliant news for Pedro and family :flowers:

Very well done Mrs Clever Pants Merle :D

Julia, like Alex said, RSPCA inspectors must see such horrible things, with real scumbag people and are sometimes powerless to do anything about it, so your feelings were probably way down her list of priorities. Hope Gus gets on OK at the vets and long may he continue to pee on the carpet.

Greys mum, thinking positive thoughts for your daughter and hope it all comes out in her favour.

I've been belly dancing tonight - with a plate and candles on my head :ohmy: I now need noo hips and knees as well as feet.

Bedtime now. NN :flowers:

Well done Alex :biggrin: :flowers:

Julia, no one else can know your cat like you do. You would know if he wasn't happy. And so what if he's not going to win any cat racing contests, if he's happy bumbling about then that's all that matters to him. At least he's got all the home comforts he needs, rather than being in a rescue block with no family to call his own. I hope the vet can help you square things with the RSPCA woman. It must be very upsetting for you :GroupHug:

We had a breakthrough with little Chips the cat tonight. He's very wary of the dogs (even though they are *so* not bothered by him :rolleyes: ) and spends all his time up on the bed in the downstairs spare room, where he can spy on them through the glass door to the living room. He came marching out of his room and claimed a spot right in front of the fire tonight - and he walked through the room where the scary dog creatures hang out :ohmy: :wub:

Julia, :GroupHug: They are only doing what we would ask of them if we found a pet that we thought didnt look too well. I must say your RSPCA are a lot quicker than our local one. Havent managed to get them out yet! Shame she didnt have any people skills though. :rolleyes: Its obvious to anyone how much you love your animals (I have seen first hand) and how loved they are. :wub: A trip to the vets can't hurt for the little man and will put your mind at rest. Try not to take it personally hun. Maybe your neighbours are animal lovers too. :flowers:

Alex. :partytime:Well done!

CRB, glad to hear Pedro is improving. :flowers:

Morning tired.gif I think this is the earliest I have ever done that, but couldn't sleep. Am gonna have a pootle and then go back to kip.

We had a breakthrough with little Chips the cat tonight. He's very wary of the dogs (even though they are *so* not bothered by him rolleyes.gif ) and spends all his time up on the bed in the downstairs spare room, where he can spy on them through the glass door to the living room. He came marching out of his room and claimed a spot right in front of the fire tonight - and he walked through the room where the scary dog creatures hang out ohmy.gif

Well done Mr Chips wub.gif

RMF1: I am realising how lucky I am that flat tyre was spotted and that Mr White Van Man pointed it out to me, and also that I just happened to pull off at the services (normally I don't stop but I hadn't had any lunch and it was nearly 4pm). doG knows what would have happened if I'd kept going, I could have had a blow out or worse, cos the tyre was flat as a pancake with a big nail in it. Tis scary to think what might have been.

RMF2 : First day back in the office today for nearly a week and a half. Will no doubt be manic later on but I need to nip out at some stage to pick up a bright pink paddling pool for the dogs from Argos.

Edited by merledogs

I never did get back to sleep rolleyes.gif :tired:

RMF : Today I will enter myself for the first exam of the final level of my CIPS qualification :pinkie: Tis exciting knowing I'm on the home straight, but also a bit scary cos each level is harder than the one before.

Congratulations Alex :flowers: and well done Chips for claiming his rightful place in the living room :flowers:

Great news about Pedro :biggrin:

It's good that Julia has a RSPCA officer who is prepared to deal with things, as some of them aren't. But people skills are a must for this kind of work, otherwise the officer just alienates caring owners and puts people's backs up which does nothing to help animals.

We went out tracking a dog last night and are out again today to pick up where we left off. The area is in NW Swansea and an easy run from here, thank goodness. Wispa did better in an urban environment last night than I expected, stayed calm and ignored cars etc. The trail led up to parkland which is where we will work today.

We had a breakthrough with little Chips the cat tonight. He's very wary of the dogs (even though they are *so* not bothered by him :rolleyes: ) and spends all his time up on the bed in the downstairs spare room, where he can spy on them through the glass door to the living room. He came marching out of his room and claimed a spot right in front of the fire tonight - and he walked through the room where the scary dog creatures hang out :ohmy: :wub:

Brave boy wub.gif, if he has any courage left could he post some to my Polly cat please, she's doing the same thing with Ben, despite him doing his very best to show her what a nice cat friendly boy he is.

I have just rescued a baby Dunnock, which I very nearly stood on as it was on the steps into the kitchen ohmy.gif, it then flew upstairs landing right next to Polly in her bed, I don't think I've ever seen a 16 year old cat move so fast before rolleyes.gif, luckily I was quicker and managed to snaffle the wee thing before she did, t'was very sweet with little feathery tufts sticking out from it's head wub.gif.

My phone is working again too biggrin.gif, and I didn't have to shout at anybody from TalkTalk closedeyes.gif

Gemstone :GroupHug: From what I've seen of you around here I am sure you are looking after your cat just fine.

Wonder if it might be worth you having your cat chipped to yourself - "just in case" at some point someone is too well meaning for their own good. :unsure: Either see if the rescue would sign it on to you, or just rechip.

Well done Alex on your exam result. :)

I fear that everything else may have passed me by.

I am currently suffering stress over being stressed about stressfully trying to organise a Mr B, in-laws associated with aforementioned Mr B, and two boingy collies into a going on holiday event. My "To Do List" stretches into next year - and that's just the day job, and I keep burning the midnight oil in a failed Superwoman effort to do everything else at home.

I really, really, really need to sort my knitting and sewing out for my holidays tonight.

Meanwhile, I was chatting to my neighbour last night (this is extremely rare event, but she is very very nice) - and she's asked to meet my dogs. :ohmy: In the hope that they will stop barking at her daring to entering her own garden. :rolleyes: I fear this is a forlorn hope where Daisy is concerned as she lies down the side fence waiting to have a mild grumble when her cats venture in and out, and an all out collie-fit when the neighbour walks down the side. Tigger on the other hand will probably decide she is part of his harem, and will then scream at her from window if he sees her. :laugh:

That's now on my "Post Holiday Home To Do List"!

Kiln was still cooling down when I got in (and still was when I left at 1 o'clock) , but thankfully with the doors open and it being a cooler day here it wasn't too bad - what was more concerning was that the outside of the kiln itself was still very hot, too hot to touch which is not good when it's in the middle of the room blocking access to my files & printers thankfully I didn't need to go in the drawers today but had I needed to I wouldn't have wanted to risk it. I can forsee the issue arising again at some point ....

Is the building covered for fire insurance, and would this invalidate it ?

Alex, well done on the exam, we all knew you could do it, you just take

a bit more persuading :biggrin:

Good news about Pedro

Gemstone - have a :GroupHug:

RMF, Tessie and Archie get clipped on friday which is just as well as they both

look like hiipies with long hair, Tessie no longer resembles a cairn now she has

been dipped in the bath :blush:, but as I was getting the hairdryer she leapt out of

and proceeded to wee on the floor, cheeky mare :rolleyes:

pre and post pics to follow :biggrin:

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

Julia :GroupHug: You know he's happy and that's all that matters. I would worry your neighbour might try and get him to move in with her by enticing him with stuff. Might be worth saying you appreciate they care for animals and were worried about him but although he has a condition the rescue are fully aware of he's happy in his own little world and not in any pain or discomfort. 9 times out of 10 we'd be glad someone contacted the RSPCA but in this case they've misunderstood.

So pleased to hear Pedro is improving. Hoping he's continuing to today. :flowers:

Pleased Chips is doing well.

Now got to get back to work.

I fear this is a forlorn hope where Daisy is concerned as she lies down the side fence waiting to have a mild grumble when her cats venture in and out, and an all out collie-fit when the neighbour walks down the side.

Taffy used to bark at my neighbours, until I taught him "LEAVE IT" in the voice of doom, which now works as a catch all for all sorts of situations including motorbikes, which were his absolute pet hate previously laugh.gif

RMF : I've been to Argos to pick up their PINK paddling pool, which I shall use as a paddling pool and only put out occasionally, not leave out so it becomes a giant water bowl, which they never set foot into rolleyes.gif I also got a new bluetooth headset, cos the car kit I have got is well carp.

Edited by merledogs