UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

I went wrong by thinking about a lie in

lissie got me up about 2, and shadow got me up at 7. I forgot to get their chicken necks out to defrost so made the mistake of opening the fridge to check. all hell broke loose coz lissie decided it must be brekkie. so im up for the day. they had complete for breakfast. even lissie complained. wont make that mistake again

angel - sorry to hear sons knives were stolen. Very important to report them lost to the police, not just because they are initialed but because there are rules about generally having and carrying them! I still have my chef knives from Uni we use them as our normal kitchen knives - people always wonder why I have my kitchen knives engraved!

Merle dogs hope the drive to Wales isn't too bad. Guess you can't catch a train?

It's nearly the weekend - I think that's a good thing?!

Booked Daisy in for a general check up this afternoon,her breath is bad and also when she walks on shingle or pebbles her back legs go completely,all splayed out and she can't move :( Hopefully no major problems but occasionally now I look at her and realise she's an older dog and is slowing down :mecry: - then she sees a cat/squirrel/fox and is off like lightening :laugh: I'm off work until 17th and am just going to take things easy,not even planning major walks with the Ds,just chilling - and hopefully having a major clear out of drawers and cupboards etc.

tis raining hard here maude ate her dinner and went off to the door to have her customary after lunch poo, she stuck her head and shoulders outside and left the important end inside, as a result she crapped in the living room :rolleyes:, thank feck for tiled floors :biggrin:

all this from a dog who has just been rescued after spending four years living in a back yard where no doubt it rained lots of times :wacko:

didnt take her long to go soft did it?

:laugh: at Maude and Helly

I will mention no names (George) but one of my dogs who was wearing his expensive, waterproof and breathable new coat wot cost more than his mum's waterproof jacket decided to go and sit in the river wearing said coat this morning :rolleyes: He doesn't like getting wet from the rain but is happy to wallow in water. The river bottom was very muddy and the new coat is a gay bonny colour now. I don't know why I bother.

One of my clients is someone I haven't actually done any 'real' work for in years, but who is easily boggled by technology so occasionally contacts me with problems that confuse him, which I endeavour to explain in simple words.

He has just sent me an email saying would I please invoice him for £200 for all these 'odds and sods'. :ohmy: I had never intended to bill him, it was all stuff that was pretty obvious and that he could have googled if he had known the right words.

On the other hand as I am still waiting for Axa to pay out on pet insurance and have X rays to pay for tomorrow I couldn't bring myself to look this gift horse in the mouth, so eventually I said 'thanks, will do'. Now I feel SO guilty!

I wonder if I should send him a picture of Mollydog so he knows what he is paying for...? :laugh: I think he has dogs himself...

We have heat and hot water again yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the whole system had to be drained and various bits replaced incuding a new pump and switching valvey thing - wonder how long it'll be before the house thaws out again? We have been sooooooo cold its astonishing just how quickly a house can get like an ice box and yet how slow it is to warm back up again.

At least it should be warm inside when we come back in from our annual evening in McDonalds car park thanks to the fireworks display thats going off here tonight rolleyes.gif this year it's bigger and going on longer than it ever has, so we have to be out by 6:15 and can't come back til gone 8:30 rolleyes.gif wacko.gif it's not that Nog is particularily bothered by fireworks but this is a huge display and right behind our house so we don't want to take any chances.

Ooh definitely don't feel guilty Victoria, he obviously appreciates your help and has the money to pay, so accept happily! I think showing him Molly is a fab idea :flowers:

Going to make a fire, have a shower, then make some tuna cake in the hope it will help distract Sno a little and then settle down for an evening of erm, fun :rolleyes: Though I have been so happy that up to tonight we have only heard a few fireworks, literally a handful. I just hope that once tonight is over with, they'll have used everything up. One of the village churches is having a celebration but they are very kindly just having a bonfire, no fireworks! :biggrin:

I think it's a roast potatoes evening.

I have just AA'd my trip to Wales on Sunday and it's closer to four hours than three :(

Just check the map of the route AA brings up against an actual

atlas, they have sent me 30 and more miles out of the

way when a better alternative was available.

RMF I am having a long weekend with my lot as am not

in work Friday/Monday, will have music up loud as

Archie & tessie Westies don't like the fireworks, Cliffy

doesnt care, and has even been to a display, he wasn't

arsed either way :laugh:

Victoria, I'd take the money and run if I were you :biggrin:

Someone I work with has a rescue greyound that shakes and hides when the fireworks start. She told me today that they are having a fireworks party in the garden tonight, but that the dog will be OK shut in a bedroom :(