UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

I have bought a Christmas present :wacko:

My mum mentioned the other day that she and my dad were thinking of joining the National Trust as they often go away for weekends or out for the day and if they were members, they could visit places (obviously they still could if they weren't!). As sometimes I never know what to get them, I bought them joint membership and as a lot of the places are closed in the winter, got it to start immediately and forwarded the confirmation email earlier.

My mum is very excited because as well as using their membership here, she can use it in Barbados as the NT have reciprocal schemes with other countries :cool:

Oh, and I bought my Christmas cards today from the Lab Rescue stall :laugh:

I dropped out of Facebook quite early on. It is too complicated for owls :unsure: who haven't even got the hang of twittering yet.

Michelle, have you considered walking Fergus on a double-ender clipped to his collar with both ends? This gives you a loop for ordinary walking on your left, but means you can get both hands on the lead if he takes off at something. You keep your hands well apart on the loop to make a triangle so that he is pulling at 2 separate points. This gives you more purchase, and Fergus less. Works for the mad spotted fing :wink:

Edited by owl

I don't know where you are but I believe The Mayhew Home do free neutering for staffies.

Some RSPCA branches give out vouchers.

Cornwall - nearest Dogs Trust is about two hours away: there is an RSPCA about an hour away though - maybe I'll give them a ring. I don't really want to talk to the dog warden at this stage because every time the little dog (and she is a cutie) gets out she makes a beeline for our house: If the dogwarden decides to contact them direct, I think it will look like I reported them, and I think that would send all the wrong signals. He rescued her from a bad situation and he thinks he's doing the best for her.

... I guess as long as she keeps coming straight over here she's less likely to get caught by an entire male, the cats aren't too pleased about it though...

Ange the 'but your house will be full of staffies you can't home' angle was the one that immediately leapt to my mind so I tried that first, but he just doesn't believe it! :rolleyes:

Edited by cycas

I can't fathom facebook either. Been a member there for ages but have no clue whats going on.

Do you suppose that half the people on Facebook can't fathom it but don't admit this as it would be uncool? Perhaps they just hang around pressing random icons and buttons trying to make sense of it. This could explain why you get stuff from folks you've never heard of and get people writing on a wall you never knew you had. They don't know what they are doing either!

:laugh:

Owl - yes we've got all manner of things like that here. I walk him on a harness. I'll dig that out though. Thanks for reminding me I have it. :flowers:

I walk Como ( a total nutter on a lead) in a dogmatic headcollar. I have't broken or dislocated anything since I bought it and I've stayed on my feet too. :laugh: :laugh:

I feel muchly reassured that intelligent Fugees are as bemused by Face Book as me!

Especially when I receive messages asking me to receive flowers and loveable person requests and ..... :wacko:

And now it appears to be asking me to "Speed Date" - well, even assuming I was in the market for dating, I don't see Face Book as the way forward for finding a new mate in two minutes.

Think I will continue to maintain a low profile, and see if I ever run out of other things I really want to do with my spare time leaving me enough time to fathom Face Book!

I have bought a Christmas present :wacko:

My mum mentioned the other day that she and my dad were thinking of joining the National Trust as they often go away for weekends or out for the day and if they were members, they could visit places (obviously they still could if they weren't!). As sometimes I never know what to get them, I bought them joint membership and as a lot of the places are closed in the winter, got it to start immediately and forwarded the confirmation email earlier.

My mum is very excited because as well as using their membership here, she can use it in Barbados as the NT have reciprocal schemes with other countries :cool:

Oh, and I bought my Christmas cards today from the Lab Rescue stall :laugh:

We are members of the National Trust :biggrin: I actually amazed Darren by having my membership card with me when we went to visit a castle on holiday last week. For once, we didn't have to pay to get in :wacko: :rolleyes: :laugh:

I am addicted to Facebook :rolleyes: