UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Just in case anyone who has guinea-pig hutches has missed it, there's a bit of a piggle emergency signposted over on Foster Homes Needed : http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=48301&st=0&gopid=860838entry860838 : about 50 piggles, some in poor condition and some babies.

I wish I could offer to help but apart from being too far away, my rabbit stuff is too big for piggle fostering.

ive done the batleys run, lugged several tons of dog and cat food about and am now near dying at my desk. I have a chest infection and cant get into the docs till tomorrow, so im wheezing like an old woman and running a hell of a temprature. Pity its not cold out, Id be more gratefull :laugh:

My staff are dropping like flies. I am down to one this afternoon, just back from a weekend off sick, so im going to grab a quick cold drink and hot foot it to the bank thru lunch and get back before we open again at 2. Its all go here :wacko:

I'm going to have to ring the doctor's for an appointment. My shoulder just seems to be getting worse and worse :mecry: I feel muscles bunched up and other odd sensations all the way from my neck down to my lower back, and the wierd pins and needles I was getting in the other shoulder is back :mecry: PLus it's making my head ache.

I feel cranky and very sorry for myself which is carp on my only day off :mecry:

Bum, the doctors are only doing on the day appointments. Which means I have to get up early tomorrow and take part in a telephone whacky races style maneouvre to get one :rolleyes:

my docs pulled the same story, so i pointed out as i run a business that opens at 8.30 - the same time as their phone lines i had no chance of calling them. I beleive they do have the facility to make an appointment tomorrow, but never admit this, so i insisted on tomorrow.

If your shoulder is that bad, and you are feeling weird, then take yourself off to your local ED for a chat with one of their doctors.

:GroupHug: Abby

Jade is safe. Wandsworth DW have picked her up. Big sigh of relief here!!!

glad she is safe, what a worry, was she being walked offlead in a

strange area and if so why??....

Mine dont go offlead in places I do know where they can escape,

call me paranoid but their safety is my number one priority.

and they dont notice the difference, they just walk wherever i go.

glad she is safe, what a worry, was she being walked offlead in a

strange area and if so why??....

Mine dont go offlead in places I do know where they can escape,

call me paranoid but their safety is my number one priority. and they dont notice the difference, they just walk wherever i go.

Dogs are all different, I don't think you can make rules that fit all of them, and the owners have to make their own decisions. I'm sure Jade's owners will be specially careful in future.

If you were walking mine onlead for a week, believe me you'd see a difference, they are used to a couple of hours offlead a day in lots of different places, so they expect it. If not, there tend to be suddenly a *lot* of reinactments of Mollydog's Greatest Races around the livingroom, not to mention a lot of yodelling - and greyhounds are supposed to be sedentary dogs that do well onlead! :laugh:

not at all a RMF: have just found out that a friend from uni who I keep in contact with via livejournal (online diary) has just been told she has an ectopic pregnancy and it has to be terminated. In the last year she was been pregnant with a child with spina bifida unlikely to survive more than a couple of days, and then with a foetus that simply stopped growing after 4 weeks. Unbelievably she is still hanging together and I can only send much love to her and her wonderful husband.

Quite honestly its times like these that I'm very grateful to not want children.

How traumatic for them, poor souls :(

I hope its not shingles, the pills im on, its bad to get it. I feel more sick and dizzy being on here, so going back to the tv, which has nothing on the million channels.

Im fed up of being ill, id really rather be healthy and working.

My boss (the director) just agreed that I could get out of going to a meeting in Newcastle on Thursday, as I was already out all day at Nuneaton on Wednesday and even though the dogsitter was coming in, I didn't want to leave Milly two days on the trot. He agreed and then in the next sentence said I might have to go to Staines instead rolleyes.gif He won't be able to confirm until tomorrow afternoon until after a meeting he's having tomorrow morning.

The meeting on Wednesday will be with a couple of Procurement bods from the new company, so hopefully we'll know a bit more about what is going to happen with our jobs after that unsure.gif