UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Afternoon

Marge I keep finding myself having a little :mecry: about your lovely boy so can't imagine how you feel. Keeping busy is good.

Glen is gorgeous as ever :wub:

Marian hope it's not the pox or similar and you're a lot better very soon. :GroupHug:

Martyn wants a sparrow hawk but I don't think it's practical so he's a bit fed up with me. He's an adult and it's up to him but it's not something I can look after if he goes away. Not to mention the other things this entails.

I'm not so sure about my insect bites :unsure: all over my back, my scalp and upper arms are covered in itchy bumps, I'm also running a mega temperature and feel quite wierd.

Have a look here http://dermatology.about.com/od/dermphotos/ig/Chicken-Pox-Pictures/chickenpox23.htm It might help you decide what you have.

Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

Martyn wants a sparrow hawk but I don't think it's practical so he's a bit fed up with me. He's an adult and it's up to him but it's not something I can look after if he goes away. Not to mention the other things this entails.

Lol, I know how he feels: I was saying to Mark the other day that I'd been considering getting some bees, and he looked at me for a long moment with his eyebrows like that :huh:, and said "don't you think you might just have enough commitments already?" :mecry:

He has a good point though. No bees here, or not for a few years anyway.

RMF: I have been cutting Az's toenails. He hates it, but I explained that there was a rate of one cat biscuit per toenail, so we did this very careful transaction where for every time the nail cutter went 'clip' there was a biscuit (they are only little).

He came over hopefully when I did Molls nails as well, but was disappointed to discover that he doesn't get rewards for other dogs having their nails cut... :laugh:

Why is it that when Az runs about 3 times as far as Mollydog on any given walk, Molls only ever needs her nails cut on her bad leg, whereas Az requires regular manicures on all of his? :huh:

Sadly Martyn gets all caught up in what he wants rather than thinking through the time needed to spend looking after something like this and taking it out flying etc. In my view he doesn't spend enough time with the dogs and he can tell me all he wants that he will with a bird but I can't step in this time if he doesn't and I'm not in the habit of taking creatures on and then giving them away. I've also reminded him that Scooby absolutely detests birds with a vengeance and it will more than likely drive him nuts. I also can't see him being quite so keen in the winter months going out to the shed or whatever it lives in and taking it out over the fields. He says it's different to walking a dog but I'm not convinced. The bird would have it's own freezer in the garage but there is no way on this earth I can look after it if something happens to Martyn or when he has to go away. Considering we are both thinking of making trips down to the inlaws when his Dad goes back into hospital ..........

Bees shudder. I'm glad they exist as long as they don't come near me. I is scared of them. :laugh:

Dratted neighbour's unspayed young staffie bitch landed in my living room again this morning. She is small enough to wiggle through the gap under our gate (far too small for my dogs) and then she chases the cats in all directions, hurtles in through the open door and throws herself upside down in front of us to say sorry. :rolleyes:

I am a bit worried she may be coming into season from Az's reaction to her: she's 9 months. He was chattering his teeth and drooling like nobody's business (Az is neutered but I think he does still pick up the signs a bit).

I've told them keep her in, get her spayed - but they are useless: they aren't nasty, just utterly lacking in sense, and she's very strong and fast as a bullet. I have this horrible vision of a novice puppy-mum and god knows how many staffycross puppies in the future.

There's an absolutely humungous entire mastiff that walks past their house most days, if she comes hurtling out of their gate in season then even though he's always on lead - well, I wouldn't blame the mastiff owner if he couldn't hold him. I suppose at least they'd have to get her spayed then, only I'm not entirely confident that they'd have the sense to realise that mastiff sized puppies can't really fit in a staffy mum...

Dratted neighbour's unspayed young staffie bitch landed in my living room again this morning. She is small enough to wiggle through the gap under our gate (far too small for my dogs) and then she chases the cats in all directions, hurtles in through the open door and throws herself upside down in front of us to say sorry. :rolleyes:

I am a bit worried she may be coming into season from Az's reaction to her: she's 9 months. He was chattering his teeth and drooling like nobody's business (Az is neutered but I think he does still pick up the signs a bit).

I've told them keep her in, get her spayed - but they are useless: they aren't nasty, just utterly lacking in sense, and she's very strong and fast as a bullet. I have this horrible vision of a novice puppy-mum and god knows how many staffycross puppies in the future.

Is there anyone offering spaying vouchers near you so you could give one to the staffy's owner? Maybe that would push them in the right direction. :wink:

Marge :GroupHug: You are bound to be feeling very wobbly at the minute. He will be such a miss :GroupHug:

I've just had a call from the hedgehog lady, the little hoglet I picked up yesterday didn't make it. Sleep tight Harry, I'm sorry we couldn't save you little man.

Not doing too well here. Reality setting in :mecry:

Marge I'm so sorry, I missed this earlier :GroupHug::GroupHug::GroupHug:

RMF: I have been cutting Az's toenails. He hates it, but I explained that there was a rate of one cat biscuit per toenail, so we did this very careful transaction where for every time the nail cutter went 'clip' there was a biscuit (they are only little).

I was explaining to Milly earlier that the advantage of only having 3 legs is less nails to clip (she doesn't like it either) :laugh:

RMF : Milly has just eaten her tea :wub:

Thanks folks for all the no seizure thoughts plus the tips which I am already on to :biggrin:

Having used "natural" stuff before when it didn't really solve the problem I think I need to go the other route to contain this current outbreak.

George is OK so far.

That's a fab picture of Glenn :wub:

Thanks folks for all the no seizure thoughts plus the tips which I am already on to :biggrin:

Having used "natural" stuff before when it didn't really solve the problem I think I need to go the other route to contain this current outbreak.

I have just ordered some diatomaceous earth to use here for flea eradication. Natural non toxic product that you can use on floors, furniture, bedding, gardens and the dogs themselves. Will let you know how I get on with it, as I suspect my boys have a mild dose of passengers at the moment and I am recently sworn off spot ons.

What a stunner you are Glenn. :wub: Not to mention being a very clever boy. :)

Daisy is quietly pleased that she is not going to have to share her tripe with Milly. :ohmy:

Abby - oh dear - hope your customers are all going to toe the line tonight!

I have cooked my pineapple cake, am doing battle with the wasps who want to check out my soaking Lincoln Fruit Loaf, and realised that I can't actually make my nooooo recipe as it's not dried fruit I need by dried berries - and I don't have enough of them.

Thinking what I can try instead - but as I've just put the pork in to roast, there's a bit of a conflict going on!

Glen :wub:

My eye is better, thanks.

Sorry the hoglet didn't make it. Scurry free, baby.

Wispa and I had a very nice morning on the mountain. We went round a bush and almost fell over a couple of young foxes. Wispa did a play bow and tried to get them to chase her but they declined and were away on their toes. Then we did some serious hunting and pointing though not retrieving. The quarry was a picnic lunch hiding in the rucksacks of a couple of amateur archaeologists who were up on the summit, recording stone circles and the like. She scented that food from quite a distance, slunk 50yds on her belly, and finally ran it down and pointed. The archaeologists were rather amused. We spent a while with them looking at interesting slabs of rock. Wispa dug up a mole but backed off as it was well scary.

A shiba inu has been caught near Bridgend after living feral for 7 months. His people built their own trap. After the initial scare of being caught, he is glad to be home. He has lost a lot of weight but is busy regaining it. Made my day, that did.

Is there anyone offering spaying vouchers near you so you could give one to the staffy's owner? Maybe that would push them in the right direction. :wink:

My impression is that it's not the cost, more an accumulation of sheer idiocy : "they live longer if you let them have a litter" apparently (Yes, I did explain, but he's one of these men that only believes things his mates down the pub tell him... it's like trying to explain something to Homer Simpson, it really is). I tried talking to the sons when I took her back today (it's a bachelor household, father & 2 sons), but it seems that talking about Dog Sex with an Older Woman is just too much for the teenage male, they both went bright red and shuffled away... :laugh: (awww, sweet!)

But worth a try, where would I look for a spaying voucher? They wouldn't qualify for PDSA, I don't think?