UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

RMF : I am really hoping Milly can come home today.

I hope so too, fingers crossed :flowers:

Lily is 12 today and isn't having a good day so I don't think we'll be doing much celebrating. Yesterday we sat next to a 12 year old lab on her final visit to the vets, with her very upset owners, it rather brings things home :(

I have had no PC access since yesterday lunch, and have tried to catch up with my dodgy eyes.

I think everyone needs a :GroupHug: Thinking of lots of folks right now.

Results of meeting with optician to discuss inability to read ............ my prescription's wrong - hopefully in two weeks time when my new lenses come I will be able to read again. :laugh:

Helly, I didn't realise that you didn't respond to your customer's whims 24/7 - did your internet holiday booker catch you on your 15 minute break ............ perhaps it would be more reasonable if you reduced it to 10 ...... :laugh:

(I am a norty Mrs B, a long, long, long way away from Di!)

funnily enough, internet booker didnt ring back this morning. had she not witheld her number i would have rung her at 6am :laugh: Perhaps she found a proper cattery that takes bookings at 10pm, a more reasonable one than me :laugh: In all honesty, had she rung back, i would have refused the booking regardless of when it was for, as I dont need customers who think I'm at their beck and call at any hour of the day. Oh, your emails.... ive read them, im pondering them and I will have a response by tonight. Ive now got 2 staff off so its a bit crazy busy here and Ive not had chance to write down any thoughts sorry :flowers:

Oh, your emails.... ive read them, im pondering them and I will have a response by tonight. Ive now got 2 staff off so its a bit crazy busy here and Ive not had chance to write down any thoughts sorry :flowers:

Oh, don't worry, the great thing about coming on here to waffle is that reading other folksies waffle means you know that they have more than enough on their plates just now without dealing with one of my over worded diatribes.

(And I've thought of something I've missed ......... I'll e-mail that bit to you. :biggrin: )

Have you thought of doling out vitamin tablets to your staff along with their pay packets .......... :unsure:

Apparently we are going out today. Which is why I have now had two attempts at raising OH from his bed, I'm washed, dressed, breakfasted .......... and unable to start anything else unless and until I manage to part OH from his preferred companion ........ and have a decision on what we're ACTUALLY going to do.

RMF I swapped back to my old CLs so I could read my book in the bath. Much improvement!

Morning :flowers:

Spike's been laid to rest this morning as Keith was home too late last night. We are both worn out, but might go out later.

I've surfed the net looking for just the right thing to remember Spike (Not that I will forget him). He loved his teddies and so do I , so I've ordered this bear as it's very much like his favourite toy. I want to remember him with a smile and I think this sums Spike up perfectly.

spikebear.jpg

Thinking of Alex and Milly today. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: karen and Lily. I hope Lily has a good birthday.

Edited by houndzrus

Aw Marge that's lovely. :GroupHug:

Hoping Millie is doing well today. :GroupHug:

and that Lily has a good day. :GroupHug:

Chuffed with my run earlier. Got further than I normally can without having to stop and ran further anyway. Still get the pain beneath my throat. Lungs maybe but Martyn says he gets that. I wheeze cos of the pollen as well but thankfully won't have to wait for my antihistamines to kick in much longer.

My Dad has just dropped himself and Dotty in it well and truly. I don't need hugs cos I'm not letting people get to me any more. Had this for years with other family members and have my own life now.

Remember we're not allowed to go round there on a Saturday cos she goes to lunch?

He's just phoned me to catch up. I asked if Dotty had gone out to lunch. Yes he says. She coughs in the background. :laugh: Told me they've been to Yorkshire on a holiday that took in 2 weekends. So obviously not at lunch with her friends then and can miraculously travel in the car there and back. Not to mention going out in Yorkshire. She has been telling me for ages she can't make the 50 mins ish journey to ours for ages. I asked where Dotty had gone to lunch. Oh only local he says. Then mentioned the cottage was nice they had stayed in. I said I'm always on the lookout for detached cottages so we don't bother anyone with the dogs. Oh he says I couldn't recommend this one cos it was in a courtyard with a few terraaces wasn't it Dot? :rolleyes: She replied. Not a very good liar my father. :laugh:

I'm really not bothered. I'm 43. I have my own life now and don't need people in it that can't be bothered with me. I know where we stand here now. I know my Dad is trying to have an easy life and not rock the boat. BUT he's a grown man and is missing out on the only family he has left. What an idiot. The next time he rings I shall just say if he wants to come round any time then he can and leave it at that. I don't think it even dawned on him that he'd been caught out. I'm a straight talker so I know he was probably trying not to have me kick off but I'm past that now. Life is too short and I'm not wasting any more of it worrying about other people and not seeing them etc. I did that for 30 years with other members of my family. They made their decisions as adults and that's fine. As I say I don't need hugs cos I'm really past caring now.

Morning :flowers:

Spike's been laid to rest this morning as Keith was home too late last night. We are both worn out, but might go out later.

I've surfed the net looking for just the right thing to remember Spike (Not that I will forget him). He loved his teddies and so do I , so I've ordered this bear as it's very much like his favourite toy. I want to remember him with a smile and I think this sums Spike up perfectly.

spikebear.jpg

Thats lovely Marge. :flowers:

My catering equipment suppliers are now on Easyfundraising and I have a big order to make. Yay for Oldies Club :elefant:

Fantastic!

We have harvested our veggies this morning, carrots and onions. Onions have done quite well but the carrots............. hmmmmm! :laugh: I think we planted too many and they were a lot crowded! :laugh: Never mind its a learning curve. Off out to the garden centre to find what we can plant for the winter. :biggrin: