UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

:GroupHug: Snow

Fab photo Julia :flowers:

Sorry to hear about your scary bridge experience Pheobe :GroupHug:

The man from the honey shop has been and we definitely have a bumble bee hive underneath the floor in the back office :ohmy: He will be coming back next week all suited up with the relevant equipment to remove the floor and take the Hive to a happy country home :) Needless to say I will NOT be around when he does :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what's annoying me. I spend all my time creating a good team and some other git comes and nabs them. I've pretty much decided today I'm not going to fight for my assistant. He has some faults that really I don't like and he doesn't seem to get rid of but otherwise he's very good indeed but I can't compete on money for him and he's running when business is tough, just like twonk has. I don't need that kind of staff - and if he goes as well as twonk I can afford a good qualified replacement plus a good quality graduate... which would work just fine.

Now I'm not stressing about it I feel rather relieved, though the annoyance remains. I also have starting today a new property manager for a big site of ours so fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards.

Julia that photograph needs putting on canvas and putting on your wall :wub:

Good for you. Power is now back in the right hands and you can get someone better anyway.

Afternoon.

I've had an awful day and am seriously considering jacking this job in. Can't just go home to nothing so would need to find something else. Can't bear the thought of having to say something to the agency though. I've never backed out of a contract before. I normally stick with stuff and just see it through. Keep trying to tell myself it's only for another 6 months but right now it ain't working.

Snow I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your family. Sadly it seems to be a pretty regular occurrence. Funerals can bring out the worst in folk. Cause major arguments and not just over the belongings that have been left. It's awful not to be told when a loved one dies. It's happened to me too and your cold, hard feeling is anger by the sounds of it. It takes a lot to push me but I have this same feeling where most of my family are concerned. Since I cut them off I seem completely numb to them. It's very odd. It was a lucky thing I was around when my stepmum died as I told my Dad that she had promised 2 of her rings to one of her grand-daughters. I should have said something to him earlier really but it's difficult to have those kinds of conversations. She wasn't worth a lot materially but these 2 rings were probably about the most expensive objects she did have. Her family who we hardly ever saw suddenly swooped and pinched a load of stuff that actually belonged to my Dad. Considering he had been living with her for about 20 years but hey. At least we managed to squirrel the 2 rings and give them to the person they were meant for. Boy did we get stick for that. There wasn't a will. I guess I'm waffling this rather than just saying I understand and I'm sorry it's happened to you and yours. :GroupHug:

Phebe sorry to hear you got stuck on the bridge. That must have been scary. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Laura

:GroupHug: Snow

This morning, I am mostly loving this pic of Jacko's eye that Darren took at the weekend when he was showing off his camera to his dad. Jacko is my soul dog and my reflection is in his eye :mecry:

DSC_4959.jpg

That is a very special and beautiful photo, Julia :wub: :wub:

:GroupHug: for the stress, Dee, but I'm glad you're on top of it now :flowers:

The man from the honey shop has been and we definitely have a bumble bee hive underneath the floor in the back office. He will be coming back next week all suited up with the relevant equipment to remove the floor and take the Hive to a happy country home. Needless to say I will NOT be around when he does.

:ohmy: :run4hills:

:GroupHug: Michelle - is it not something that you can sort out with work? Sorry. Stupid question. Obviously not, or you wouldn't even be thinking about taking such a big step as backing out. Apologies. :flowers:

:GroupHug: Phebe - hope the Owlmobile is all sorted now. Huge great big thanks from one very happy teenage boy who is just showing off his amazing new pedal to his guitar tutor :biggrin:

We're just back from a few days in Cheshire with our lovely friends. Ideally, I'd like to move closer to them. We're a fairly close knit bunch but I don't get to see them all nearly as much as I'd like to and the kids are all great friends too. The only obstacle being that I just couldn't tell my mum that we were moving so far away again :rolleyes:

I am back from sunny Brum, but came home to find a dead ickle baby blue tit in my hall :( Fly free ickle birdy :wub:

DSC_4959.jpg

Awww :wub:

I've been to the doctors and now have super strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories. Just got to wait for them to start working now :wink:

Hope they work soon :GroupHug:

The man from the honey shop has been and we definitely have a bumble bee hive underneath the floor in the back office :ohmy: He will be coming back next week all suited up with the relevant equipment to remove the floor and take the Hive to a happy country home :) Needless to say I will NOT be around when he does :rolleyes:

So nice to hear they will be going to a nice country home instead of being destroyed :flowers:

I've had an awful day and am seriously considering jacking this job in. Can't just go home to nothing so would need to find something else. Can't bear the thought of having to say something to the agency though.

I hope you find something really soon :flowers: Don't have any qualms about the agency, they wouldn't give you a second's thought if the tables were turned.

Thanks everyone for the support and understanding - my mother in law has found the words I was looking for to describe how I feel - I feel dirty & grubby to think that I am related to people who are capable of such a disgusting low behaviour.... I will indeed be cutting that side of the family from my life, but not before I write to my uncle and challenge him to go stand in front of my fathers headstone and hold his head high...

I have discovered Stephanie Meyer's trilogy and am so engrossed I feel I may be staying up very late reading :rolleyes:

Is that the Twilight series? If si it's fab

I've been to the doctors and now have super strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories. Just got to wait for them to start working now :wink:

Hope it works, you don't want to have to have done wot I did to sort my Coccyx :wacko:

Hope it works, you don't want to have to have done wot I did to sort my Coccyx :wacko:

:unsure:

That sounds slightly worrying :unsure:

RMF: In an attempt not to sit down too much, I've been doing bits and pieces in the garden and for a walk on the Downs with the boys. We met the little black and white cocker spaniel who was rather taken with Noah Squirrel when we were there a few weeks back. Little spaniel was very wiggly and waggly and ignored his owner :rolleyes: :laugh:

Afternoon :wavey:

Snow :GroupHug: so sorry about your family's behaviour

We have had a Very Busy Day. Lots of photos with Sirius Superstar, lots of shaking paws with people, an adventure in a wind tunnel :eh: and a rather overwhelming trip to Bookers.

Sirius is now lying down with a cold towel on his forehead, I think the sight of an entire warehouse full of booze was just too much for the poor lad :(

Is that the Twilight series? If si it's fab

Yes the Twilight series but just realised theres 4 books not 3 so once I've finished the 3rd one tonight I will be downloading the latest one on Audible :biggrin:

Wendy I hope your hurty bits are less hurty very soon :flowers:

Poor Sirius :rolleyes: :laugh:

I think my hubby has led poosa astray she seems to have joined a back patch Motorcycle club :unsure:

shes been out in the hotel owners buick

and got very drunk in the bar last night

i apologise if she returns as a hard living rock chick :blush:

:GroupHug: Snow. Thats just....horrid :(

:GroupHug: to anyone else who would like one :)

Is a Segway a realistic dogwalking alternative? :wacko: I have been told I MUST start pacing myself or I am going to end up very ill indeed. So HRH has been on small walks with balltime rather than longer 'proper' walks. He doesn't seem bothered at all but I like going for miles at a time with my pooch trotting along next to me. :( I miss trekking for hours over Exmoor :(

I think my hubby has led poosa astray she seems to have joined a back patch Motorcycle club :unsure:

:biglaugh:

Will have to get her visiting over this way some time. Just what we need to liven things up, a biking rock chick!

Laura, so sorry about your friend. :(

Snow :GroupHug: They are despicable people and they don't deserve to have you as family.

RMF : I am off to south Brum today (I should just move to the bluddy midlands the amount of time I spend there :rolleyes: )

You should have waved on the way through like Ms Chook did today. :laugh: Where in S Brum?

Merlie - I work in Coventry now, so next time you are visiting perhaps we can wangle time for a hello :flowers:

Where in Coventry are you working CT?

This morning, I am mostly loving this pic of Jacko's eye that Darren took at the weekend when he was showing off his camera to his dad. Jacko is my soul dog and my reflection is in his eye :mecry: :wub: :wub:

DSC_4959.jpg

OMG! I love it! :wub: :wub:

Michelle. :GroupHug: I know how horrendous it is working somewhere that makes you unhappy (I am in the same boat) but remember how things were before you found this job. Try and find something else first as the job situation seems desparate at the moment. :GroupHug:

I am incredibly tired. For the last two days I have sat at work trying not to fall asleep. :rolleyes: I get to sleep fine at night but keep waking up for no apparent reason then have a rubbish sleep. :( I feel like I could sleep for a week at the moment and have no energy. Think I need a pint or 10 of red bull!

RMF, my little girl had her last day at school today except for exams. She is growing up too fast. :mecry:

We have had a Very Busy Day. Lots of photos with Sirius Superstar, lots of shaking paws with people, an adventure in a wind tunnel :eh: and a rather overwhelming trip to Bookers.

Sirius is now lying down with a cold towel on his forehead, I think the sight of an entire warehouse full of booze was just too much for the poor lad :(

glad to see my 2 little ambassadors are having normal days :biglaugh: