UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy be careful with a coccyx injury, I once slipped on the stairs, didn't fall far more like went bump bump bump on my bum, got up and felt a twinge but carried on, I had a bruise the size of a pin head on my coccyx but ended up barely able to walk let alone drive and was off work for 2 weeks :wacko: It's extremly painful and will only get more so if the area becomes inflamed.

I've just read on another non dog forum the following post:

Gorgeous lab/spaniel mix pups (black, black and white and caramel) to give away to good homes. There are 18 of them so take your pick !!

I replied with that's a big litter to which the answer came back that these were two simultaneous litters.

My flabber is ghasted, I am speechless and I have so far sat on my hands as far as replying goes! I can only conclude that the owner is an incredibly stupid person who has no idea on how to protect bitches in season!

Edited by Nettie

:laugh:

Fagin, not Fagan, was the thief. And yes, Wispa has committed one or two pilferings way back in the past, but has now gone straight. Ish.

Amy, sorry if I caused you to have flashbacks to uni. I feel much the same way about poetry for the same reasons.

Not attempting to split the atom on here, tikka. It might blow up the board :unsure:

I never claimed to spell did I ? :rolleyes:

heres todays problem

A mate of mine told me that he had been sleeping with his girlfriend and her twin. I asked how he could tell them apart? .... he said that her brother has a moustache!

this morning I am mostly looking at flights to Sri Lanka

Me too but for possiblly different reasons.

I bought a wonderful new domain name last week. Someone carelessly forgot to buy it when protecting the brand name.

dyfedpowyspolice.info.uk

Edited by Trallwm farm

I've just read on another non dog forum the following post:

Gorgeous lab/spaniel mix pups (black, black and white and caramel) to give away to good homes. There are 18 of them so take your pick !!

I replied with that's a big litter to which the answer came back that these were two simultaneous litters.

My flabber is ghasted, I am speechless and I have so far sat on my hands as far as replying goes! I can only conclude that the owner is an incredibly stupid person who has no idea on how to protect bitches in season!

Oh god Nettie :mecry: I won't suggest guiding them towards rescue as I imagine you already have. Blimmin idiots, really hope they will get the chance to go into rescue and be rehomed that way.

Rubble sacks... you can pick them up in any diy/garden centre, they are really strong and with a roll of parcel tape round all the corners they should be fine. you can get cheap rolls of bubblewrap from viking too (available through easyfundraising of course :D )

ooh fab idea, I already have some bubblewrap and I am sure I can pick up rubble sacks at B&Q in the morning

Wendy be careful with a coccyx injury, I once slipped on the stairs, didn't fall far more like went bump bump bump on my bum, got up and felt a twinge but carried on, I had a bruise the size of a pin head on my coccyx but ended up barely able to walk let alone drive and was off work for 2 weeks :wacko: It's extremly painful and will only get more so if the area becomes inflamed.

Yikes :unsure:

I've got some strong painkillers/anti-inflammatories from Boots so will try them for a few days and see how I go. Can't easily take time off work though so having to put up with it :(

Yikes :unsure:

I've got some strong painkillers/anti-inflammatories from Boots so will try them for a few days and see how I go. Can't easily take time off work though so having to put up with it :(

You do need to be careful, as I said earlier. My Mum did the same left it for months and it would become inflammed every few weeks when she went to the doctor she'd fractured it and had to have an op to remove the bone as it was causing inflammation.

Get a rubber ring and see the doctor! :wink:

Oh god Nettie :mecry: I won't suggest guiding them towards rescue as I imagine you already have. Blimmin idiots, really hope they will get the chance to go into rescue and be rehomed that way.

The problem is that this is in France and according to the notice at my vets surgery last January, over 46,000 dogs were in rescue last year in France, I don't know how many were euthenised but I expect a large number. The SPA (RSPCA) equivalent do their best but they are vastly underfunded and their kennels are run on shoe strings, not really the place for young pups at all, actually not really the place for any dog. There are a few private rescues but not many and they are very small. A couple are run by Brits but again have too many animals to cope with them all, Phoenix ( http://www.phoenixasso.com/ ) do take animals from the SPA and foster, they do their best but its a tough job, and again they are a small charity. So far, no one has mentioned rescue because they just aren't out there.