UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

I am now in bed with my laptop doing some online Dogstar bits and bobs, if I stay very still every thing is okay its just the moving and standing up stuff I am crap at today

I took the dogs to the park earlier let them taz around for 20 minutes so they are both sleepy downstairs

oooh yes and today I had a postcard from young master Dogstar

http://dogstarfoundation.blogspot.com/2009...dogstar-hq.html

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god i am so annoyed!

*big rant so please ignore*

I've been in an exam for the last two hours and have come out to a flurry of text messages from the cousin. I have lied through my teeth to get this puppy from him, so I'm probably going to hell! Wirral Animal Welfare are prepared to take him, so I have told him Dawn will adopt him (3 collies of her own so I think she kinda knows what she is doing!) but he has decided unless he and his mother can drop the dog off, they are not prepared to go through with it. I'm not prepared for them to do that cos I know he will be knocking on Dawn's door in a week asking for the dog back. He has already done this with Adam's mum :mad: i also find it quite insulting that considering they are the ones that want rid of it they want to inspect someone else's house to make sure its suitable!

The poor little bugger is currently at his mothers house now, being left 12 hours a day while she is at work. His mother has text and phoned me asking if she can come with me, so I have text them all back saying it goes against the rescue's confidentialiy clause (I dont even know if this exists!!!!) and they have now lost the space for him.

To those who do this on a daily basis I have nothing but respect for you. Its so frustrating so I cannot imagine what it must be like doing this day in day out

**rant over**

the greyhounds are lovely :wub: esp Princess x

Cheryl, get them to sign the puppy over, I made an ex of mine do that

with Cliffy, so even if she did want him back he aint going anywhere

Some of you may remember Scooby (belonging to one of our CCG members), who I pictured in my canine capers thread a couple of weeks ago, saying it was probably his last trip out. Unfortunately that proved to be true. Little Scooby passed away last night.

Sleep tight Scooby.

:mecry: :wub:

DSCF2182-1.jpg

I remember Scooby, Sleep tight little man

So sorry. :mecry:

It was 2 years yesterday since Dylan passed over. :mecry:

But on a happy note, I met Bodie this afternoon. What a cracking dog!! Angela *Owner* was frightened of him, but he was fine with my 3. :wub: Fionna is going to fail big style :biggrin: :D

Just catching up after being away for a week and not logging on

:GroupHug: for you in Dyls memory.

RMF got an additional westie for a week, Barney has come for his annual holibobs

while his parent are away themselves, gets on fine with my lot with the exeption

of yesterday when he got over excited, and Cliffy firmly put him in his place. :rolleyes:

Poor Barney is a single dog at home and really fits in well with my lot, but yesterday

was a shock for the wee man (he's only 3), trouble is Archie and Tessie tried to

intervene, so he chased all 3 of them into the kitchen, I was laughhig too much to stop him

as everytime he came back to round another one up one of them escaped, so he just got

angrier

No damage done, just some snarling and a head butt, he did manage

to pin all 3 in there and tell them off, eventually :laugh: :laugh:

cheryl we have a policy where old owners are not put in direct contact with new owners, as do a number of other rescues i have worked with

Tell them that we do it as it can confuse the dogs at least initially but that the rescue 'may' consider it once the dog is settled. get the dog signed over as pointed out above and then there is no comeback if the rescue later decides it is not in the dogs best interests. You usually find after a couple of weeks the old owners forget all about the dog anyway.

Ive been to the vets again (im sure nice noo vet thinks im stalking him :rolleyes: ) this time with 12 year old female ferret with an adrenal tumour whom i thought had reached the end and was booked in for pts, only to be made out to be a liar when i got there as she stomped around climbed up his sleeve and bit him when he tried to remove her from around his neck, apparently the tumour hasnt got bigger shes just fat, and the loss of weight to her front end is muscle wastage cos shes old and lazy :rolleyes: so ive brought her back home again :)

However i also took henry sharpei blunty dog for his tardak jab which he has had since his prostatal abscess last year and although we just dealt with the problem at the time without looking into what had caused it, it now looks like it was caused by prostate cancer and that it has now spread :( there was and still is nothing we can do about it as because of his age and a previous stroke putting him under is not an option. so hes under close observation for any more changes :(

Excuse me whilst I have a little moan.

There is a house at the back of us and when we moved in there was a sweet old lady that lived there that I used to enjoy chatting too. Unfortuntley she died and the house was bought by a young couple. They have had a couple of kids since they moved in and they are about 6 and 4 now. Boy are they noisy :(

They don't talk they shout and when they can't get what they want they cry and scream - literally. The mother does all she can to placate them by giving into them. They do my bleedin' head in.

By comparison about 3 houses down on the same side there are a lovely family with 3 children and we hardly ever hear them and then it's just cheerful giggling as they play in their backyard. They are polite and friendly kids and they really are a credit to their parents. When I was out putting something in the wheelie bin one day I heard one of them asking her dad one day why the other family had to be so noisy all the time. He replied "well they have no one to teach them any better", which sums it up really.

Excuse me whilst I have a little moan.

There is a house at the back of us and when we moved in there was a sweet old lady that lived there that I used to enjoy chatting too. Unfortuntley she died and the house was bought by a young couple. They have had a couple of kids since they moved in and they are about 6 and 4 now. Boy are they noisy :(

They don't talk they shout and when they can't get what they want they cry and scream - literally. The mother does all she can to placate them by giving into them. They do my bleedin' head in.

By comparison about 3 houses down on the same side there are a lovely family with 3 children and we hardly ever hear them and then it's just cheerful giggling as they play in their backyard. They are polite and friendly kids and they really are a credit to their parents. When I was out putting something in the wheelie bin one day I heard one of them asking her dad one day why the other family had to be so noisy all the time. He replied "well they have no one to teach them any better", which sums it up really.

I can relate to that!!

Next door but one from us!! I used to have Shannon (the eldest around here a lot) Since her 2 siblings have been born they (Shannon and Jordan) eldest 2 are absolute horrors. They deliberately come up to the fence, poke fingers through etc to wind the dogs up.

I never let the dogs out there without me, but I need eyes in my backside in case Snoops nips. :rolleyes:

Afternoon

Hope you're better soon Sam. :GroupHug:

Murtle hope you're better now too. :GroupHug:

Glad Ozzy is ok.

Reiki does sound interesting.

:GroupHug: Mog. Sorry things are so tough at the moment. Not surprising you feel like that right now with so many going all at once.

Mel pleased ferret isn't ready to go yet and hope gorgeous Henry is here for a good while yet. :GroupHug:

I'm shattered today for some reason. Can't get motivated since arriving home apart from walking dogs.

Afternoon

Glad Ozzy is ok.

:GroupHug: Mog. Sorry things are so tough at the moment. Not surprising you feel like that right now with so many going all at once.

Mel pleased ferret isn't ready to go yet and hope gorgeous Henry is here for a good while yet. :GroupHug:

I'm shattered today for some reason. Can't get motivated since arriving home apart from walking dogs.

Afternoon

Glad Ozzy is ok.

Melf :GroupHug: for your lovely old man Henry. Give him some extra gravy on his dinner tonight so he makes that special gravy face :wub:

RMElectricity IndustryF Our pensioner magazine is called 'our generation' however the pensioners that worked in Distribution (and Retail etc) don't like the name. I've got to come up with a noo name and can only think of odd things like 'Unplugged' :huh: Fugees please help :flowers:

Sam you should be in hospital if squirrel flu is worse than man flu :laugh: Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

RMElectricity IndustryF Our pensioner magazine is called 'our generation' however the pensioners that worked in Distribution (and Retail etc) don't like the name. I've got to come up with a noo name and can only think of odd things like 'Unplugged' :huh: Fugees please help :flowers:

how about

Plug and socket :ninja:

Sam you should be in hospital if squirrel flu is worse than man flu :laugh: Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

It could be Maleria or even Dengue Fever

or just a cold :laugh:

Trevor has left. He spent his last night here on tuesday.

The children have managed to spill a 2.5 litre tin of satinwood paint all over Ellis's BRAND NEW floor, rug, chair, bed and MY quilt cover. They were "just building a den"

I want to kill them.

My life is s***.

Melf I'm sorry Henry is poorly :GroupHug:

State or DC?

Sorry having probs with keyboard whilst trying to type!

DC isnt a bad journey but very industrialized coming outta NY thru NJ

Used to live just outside DC and tbh I slept most of the journeys I did - wiull say - if an option to you it really is a lovely drive we drove it when my mum came over for a visit and she kept a log using the bridges as vocal points.