UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

I don't post much lately but it seems as if lots of people are having a rough time at the moment :( If you are having a bad time or even if you are not, I hope this picture of Chloe will bring a smile to your faces :GroupHug:

DSC_0091-1.jpg

I love Chloe :wub:

Mags :GroupHug:

Sam - having been ill, IF it was squirrel flu I had, I can make you feel much better by letting you know that today is Day 16 and I have just decided I am beginning to feel human again.

Guess that sounds unsympathetic. :unsure: But you're heading towards recovery ...........

but but but this is only day 2 for me :mecry:

I am bored with Squirrel Flu now, yesterday staying in bed loads was fun today it was boring and my chest hurts 58765 times more than yesterday as well

and and and and and if I am going to get a job next week I have to be well and stuff and not coughing all over everyone

Good thing too as owl has already rehomed her trout. :biggrin:

just as well I reckon , I don't fancy a thump from a trout :laugh:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs B of course you are good at a lot of things. It's probably also a case of you are modest and don't have the need to blow your own trumpet to people. You're good at baking for a start and have kept your cool with someone who has been irritating. If I can come up with 2 having not met you well ....... Glad you're starting to feel better.

Chloe is so beautiful. :wub:

I'm watching the soaps.

but but but this is only day 2 for me :mecry:

I am bored with Squirrel Flu now, yesterday staying in bed loads was fun today it was boring and my chest hurts 58765 times more than yesterday as well

and and and and and if I am going to get a job next week I have to be well and stuff and not coughing all over everyone

We will have to send lots and lots and lots of get well super squirrel quick thoughts then.

For the cough, I found that alternating between blue inhaler, brown inhaler, throat/cough sweets (avoiding Lockets, which for some inexplicable reason made me feel nauseous), Wiccaweys witches brew and Lesley TF's glycerine brew, kind of kept the office believing I only had a very bad cough. :biggrin: My mistake was probably not adding in any alcohol to sterilise things properly. :unsure:

Hurting is very not nice - just you stay in bed, get the fluids down you - 'cause if you're sensible (unlike me) and stay in bed getting very very bored, no doubt you will be better much much quicker.

Forgot to say earlier - Helly-Di, love the photo of you in the paper. I'm still holding out for the one of you in the fluffy feather hat curtesying to the Mayor though ...................

Bruno?! What have I missed? :biggrin:

I was thinking the same :laugh:

Bruno is the dog Nick & Vicky adopted last year, he lived with Vicky at her dad's house, but now she & Nick have their own house Bruno has moved in with them. He came from a local rescue with no known prior history, he turned out to be completely unhouse trained, defensive aggressive, food possessive, toy possessive, have severe separation anxiety and absolutely no respect for a lead, and barked non stop at anything and everything :rolleyes: Neutering calmed him down a little bit, and the separation anxiety has resolved itself as he grew more relaxed and confident that he wasn't going to be abandoned - so much so he's gone from a dog who had always had both human & canine company 24/7 and still got anxious to a dog that is now a solo dog who is comfortable and confident to be left on his own for 4 hours a day 4 days a week. He's house trained and has even now stopped the little excited widdles he used to do when meeting new people, he only barks indoors if someone knocks the door and stops when asked. He will happily surrender both toys and treats to people but is still snarly if another dog shows interest in his toys or food. The one remaining problem is the defensive aggression on lead to ALL other dogs regardless of size, according to Nick he is an absolute horror to try and walk anywhere as he spends the entire walk screaming abuse at any dog he so much as glimpses from the corner of his eye :wacko: (small dog syndrome).

Nick has been avoiding intros to Nog despite my nagging not because he was afraid Nog would hurt Bruno but because he thought Bruno might bite Nog whereas I was confident that Nog being very laid back and self assured off lead wouldnt react to any provocation - last night was their first meeting. It confirmed what I had suspected and having had a chat with melf this afternoon I'm now happy that what I thought was the case is the case lol When Bru is around people he is very gobby but when he's at a distance from people and on his own with another dog both off lead he stops being a gobshite very very quickly. Nog is top dog here in a very calm and understated way, he spent most of the evening rolling his eyes and casting withering glances at Bru, the one and only time Bru did make an air snap with bared teeth in Nogs direction Nog gave a full throated bellow which stopped Bru in his tracks and sent him flying back to his mum :laugh: I made a point of casually drawing Bru away from Nick & Vicky and me and both dogs came up here, and I ignored Bru leaving him to deal with the fact there was another dog without thinking he had my attention (although I was fully aware of what they were up to :wink: ) he actually walked right under Nogs belly at one point quite relaxed and Nog just ignored him.

Nog did attempt to initiate play a few times bowing and rarring but Bru was a little unsure about that but given time he'll learn Nog wont try and eat him lol

Little & Large

gallery_76_29_64149.jpg

Rob had treats so Bru totally ignored the big blonde thing towering over him ... :laugh:

gallery_76_29_109113.jpg

I have exciting news :jumpy: I have just had a call from a company I worked with on one of the construction jobs last year asking me to come in next week to talk about some part time work ( and they have the money in their budget to hire )

It would only be for a few weeks but its better than a slap round the head with a wet fish so I am chuffed , just gotta hope they still have money next week and we can agree terms

:elefant: hope it works out! And hope you feel better soon :flowers:

Morning :wavey: Not kept up in here for a day or two, so hope everyone's okay :flowers:

RMF : Just heard a rumour in work that apparently I am having an affair with a married colleague. Oh well, at least if they are gossiping about me they're leaving some other poor bugger alone :rolleyes:

wow, you have the energy for an affair and all you do lol

its a beautiful ddaayyyyyyyyy

the sun is sshiiinniinngggggg

feell goood ffeeeellll gggooddddddd

me, full of painkillers? well yes lol does it show lol

Alex - how exciting!! Having an affair you didn't even know about! Though like Jazz I don't know where you find the time or energy!!

:GroupHug: Mrs B. Modesty and not being big-headed and arrogant is obviously one of your good points :GroupHug:

Snow - Bruno sounds like he'll come round - and Nog is a star :wub:

:GroupHug: for those who need them

Today's RMF: we took the dogs for a walk very early as they are on their own for 4 hours this morning. At the end of our walk we met Annette Crosbie who admired Kevin enormously (but then she loves anything pointy).

How lovely :biggrin: I loved her managing to crowbar her greys into the Calendar girls films :biggrin:

Thank you to those of you who sent me positive money vibes for selling my car :flowers: It sold this morning for more than I hoped for so I am delighted! As a good Karma type thing I'm going to donate some of the 'extra' to Dogstar :biggrin: It won't make them rich but I know even a little makes a huge difference.

Today's RMF: we took the dogs for a walk very early as they are on their own for 4 hours this morning. At the end of our walk we met Annette Crosbie who admired Kevin enormously (but then she loves anything pointy).

She has Greys doesn't she? Lovely lady, met her a couple of times at shows. :wub:

I am half way through mowing and strimming. :wacko: Too ruddy hot for this to be honest, but need to get mine sorted so that over the weekend Me and my 3 can go to dad's to sort his out.

Dad is 75 now and still working full time so it is the least I can do for him. :wub:

Alex, is he good looking though? :wink: If it were me I'd wind em up if he is. :laugh:

Thank you to those of you who sent me positive money vibes for selling my car :flowers: It sold this morning for more than I hoped for so I am delighted! As a good Karma type thing I'm going to donate some of the 'extra' to Dogstar :biggrin: It won't make them rich but I know even a little makes a huge difference.

Fab news, that is really kind of you x

Does anyone know anything about Ivy :unsure: I think mine is a little overgrown and I havn't got a clue what to do with it :unsure:

Just chop bits off. I've got it up my fence and lop off chunks regularly, its fine :flowers:

Cycas and Wendbert, thankyou for your pm's. For some reason I can't reply :unsure: but I have read them. You are very thoughtful :flowers: