UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Usually I feel fairly ok about death, but these last couple of weeks I feel very stuck in a childish "its not fair" place. Between my aunt dying, my uncle being on limited time with MS, the gorgeous Malcolm going and now another friend's dear lovely dog being PTS this afternoon, I hate it. Feel so utterly helpless :mecry:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I feel fairly ok about death, but these last couple of weeks I feel very stuck in a childish "its not fair" place. Between my aunt dying, my uncle being on limited time with MS, the gorgeous Malcolm going and now another friend's dear lovely dog being PTS this afternoon, I hate it. Feel so utterly helpless :mecry:

:GroupHug: I think all that would overwhelm anyone Mog.

Mog :GroupHug:

Ange, I would consider Reiki but not sure how I would go about treating myself?

Once you are attuned to Reiki you are able to self-treat, essentially you just give yourself Reiki rather than giving it to someone else :) It is all very simple - and you can give yourself Reiki anywhere, even if you were in a stressful meeting at work or something.

If you were interested in having Reiki you could just find a local practitioner and book a session. I had been doing animal healing for a while before I heard of Reiki - I met a woman on an email dog list who mentioned Reiki (for animals) and we got talking privately about it and it turned out she lived a five minute walk from my house! She took me along to a Reiki group, where you receive Reiki and lent me a book and I realised it was exactly for me so I did Reiki with her teacher. The woman who introduced me to it became a good friend and drove us to pick up Max and then Sno - she was obviously *meant* to live just down the road from me :)

I would always recommend Reiki to anyone who's interested, along with getting married and having my dogs, it's the most wonderful thing I've ever done. Not sure quite where I'd be without it. You get the cynics and the "quackbusters" :rolleyes: who will never be convinced, but many are.

Andrea, I can't understand how some people take two years to organise a wedding. Six months is plenty of time :laugh:

:GroupHug: Mog. That's a lot to deal with in such a short space of time.

Thank you for PM Ange. I will have a proper look later.

At the height of my back/hip problems, someone on another board said that they would send me reiki. I knew what reiki was but had never received it. About 12.30 that night I felt the affected area going quite hot and it was very soothing. When I spoke to her next, that was the exact time she was doing her reiki. I got the best nights sleep I had had in a looooong time

Ange, thanks for that. I think I remember seeing someone had opened a shop locally offering holistic services. I might pop in and make an appointment. :)

im in pain sat here or going out, so im taking mother out for dinner. Im out for coffee this evening too. I have reduced my coffee intake so im knackered lol

:GroupHug: have a nice dinner..... but no jacket potatoes! :D

forget swine flu I have squirrel flu*

my head is sore and aches, my throat is dry and hurts, my eyes water and my back hurts and I feel like shite

woe is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sam

*of course I don't really have the flu as if I did I would not be able to sit up let alone use a laptop , what I have is a heavy cold but thats not as exciting as saying I have squirrel flu :ninja:

forget swine flu I have squirrel flu*

my head is sore and aches, my throat is dry and hurts, my eyes water and my back hurts and I feel like shite

woe is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sam

*of course I don't really have the flu as if I did I would not be able to sit up let alone use a laptop , what I have is a heavy cold but thats not as exciting as saying I have squirrel flu :ninja:

:GroupHug: Is squirrel flu worse than man flu? :unsure:

Hope your inner squirrel is feeling less flu-like soon Sam :GroupHug:

Just had a very dwet.gif walk in the park.Poor Daisy stopped at the gate each circuit looking miserable and wanting to leave :wub: It was nasty though,wet,windy and chilly so left after an hour.

We *need* to have that smilie on here, I love it :biggrin:

We *need* to have that smilie on here, I love it :biggrin:

Abracadabra ... :dwet: :dwet: :dwet: :dwet:

Thats how I look right now - I didn't take a coat to work, and today the magazines arrived and had to be sorted into piles in the outside box we use for the parishes to collect them from, I'd no sooner gone back indoors when the phone rang and it was a delivery driver who couldnt find the vicarage so asked me to go stand in the drive and wave ... he didnt tell me he was a good 5 mins away from us :rolleyes: and when he did arrive it was a flipping shed the boss had ordered and I had to stay outside directing them to where it was to go and taking in the bits that needed to be stored in the dry ... by the time we'd finished I was soaked thru to the skin undewear and all so I've made an executive decision and given myself the rest of the morning off to come home and get dry lol