May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how would you know that? :D

yeah okay you have me there, I am not what anyone could class as normal

I have exciting news :jumpy: I have just had a call from a company I worked with on one of the construction jobs last year asking me to come in next week to talk about some part time work ( and they have the money in their budget to hire )

It would only be for a few weeks but its better than a slap round the head with a wet fish so I am chuffed , just gotta hope they still have money next week and we can agree terms

Trevor has left. He spent his last night here on tuesday.

The children have managed to spill a 2.5 litre tin of satinwood paint all over Ellis's BRAND NEW floor, rug, chair, bed and MY quilt cover. They were "just building a den"

I want to kill them.

My life is s***.

Mel I am sorry things are bullocks at the moment and I'm thinking of you :GroupHug:

Owl you have made me laugh muchly - thank you, I needed that today :flowers:

Sam I hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I don't post much lately but it seems as if lots of people are having a rough time at the moment :( If you are having a bad time or even if you are not, I hope this picture of Chloe will bring a smile to your faces :GroupHug:

DSC_0091-1.jpg

Mags :GroupHug:

Sam - having been ill, IF it was squirrel flu I had, I can make you feel much better by letting you know that today is Day 16 and I have just decided I am beginning to feel human again.

Guess that sounds unsympathetic. :unsure: But you're heading towards recovery ...........

Meanwhile ...........

Think I feel slightly surreal at the moment.

Was on a course at work today - "Dealing with Difficult Situations" (for which read "Dealing with Difficult People) - great trainer. Fortunately.

Anyway, at one point we had to write down 6 things that we thought we were good at. So I just sat looking at this blank piece of card feeling like bursting into tears (and nearly did!) 'cause I couldn't think of anything I'm "good" at. Adequate, passable, maybe. Good, no.

Anyway, being a 'good' trainer, she didn't actually make us read out what we'd (not) put, but what she did say was that those who'd struggled to find 6 things, were likely to be folks who struggled with assertiveness. Ooooooh dear! How true.

Did have a private chat to her later, and have decided I need to have a bit of a "me think" some time.

RMF. Making cheese scones.

:biggrin: Woohoo, i'm so excited my friend joolz [julian], is through to the final on BGT, and as my daughter is sooo in love with shaun smith, i got us tickets to see the tour in birmingham as it is on her 17th birthday.

hope everyone is ok, please pick as needed :GroupHug: :flowers: :laugh:

It would only be for a few weeks but its better than a slap round the head with a wet fish so I am chuffed , just gotta hope they still have money next week and we can agree terms

Good thing too as owl has already rehomed her trout. :biggrin: