UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugs to all the poorly fugee's and those that need it :GroupHug:

Getting the van ready for trip to the New Forrest for a few days and then onto the Isle of Wight for a few more days.Holly is exited already

Hope the weather stays as it is today.

Have a good weekend everyone and don't get sunburned :biggrin:

Barbara

Today's RMF: we took the dogs for a walk very early as they are on their own for 4 hours this morning. At the end of our walk we met Annette Crosbie who admired Kevin enormously (but then she loves anything pointy).

Did she talk to you though, I've bumped into her a few times on the Common, she always makes a fuss of the dogs and they all seem to love her but she very rarely says more than a few words to their humans. A friend of mine's lurcher adores her and can spot her on the horizon, always makes a beeline for her and leans on her - once we did manage a 5 minute conversation and when she went on her way we both remarked on the fact she was 'chatty' that day!

Thank you to those of you who sent me positive money vibes for selling my car :flowers: It sold this morning for more than I hoped for so I am delighted! As a good Karma type thing I'm going to donate some of the 'extra' to Dogstar :biggrin: It won't make them rich but I know even a little makes a huge difference.

That's good news - and a very kind thought :flowers:

Did she talk to you though, I've bumped into her a few times on the Common, she always makes a fuss of the dogs and they all seem to love her but she very rarely says more than a few words to their humans. A friend of mine's lurcher adores her and can spot her on the horizon, always makes a beeline for her and leans on her - once we did manage a 5 minute conversation and when she went on her way we both remarked on the fact she was 'chatty' that day!

There are days when I only want to talk to dogs too :laugh: and I'm not even famous.

Poor little Sri Lankan Minnie :(

Aside from asking where he was from, no - as I said to Jazz, she was very nice to Kevin :laugh: It was 7am though and we weren't exactly chatty either.

She only talks to pointy dogs though - Riley's never had a look in.

Good news about the car, Billydog.

Sorry to hear about your poorly joints, Jazz.

That is a wonderful pic of Chloe.

:angry: to Alex's workmates who obviously don't have enough to occupy their minds.

Polly made a fool of me this morning in the park. She beetled off when we were returning to the car and we couldn't find her. She hadn't gone ahead to the car. Mike and his dog Stevie searched the meadow in the middle of the park, I stayed around the car park having sent Wispa off to scour the woodland, but no sign. Then twenty minutes later some other dog walkers arrived with Polly trotting behind them. She had joined them on the other side of the park. They could see she had a tag, but didn't want to try to catch her and read it in case they spooked her, so hoped they could lure her back to the cars where they assumed someone would be waiting for her. It was very warm, we were all hot and bothered, even Wispa was tired and panting, but Polly was as cool as you please and still full of energy. Little stinker :rolleyes:

Does anyone know anything about Ivy :unsure: I think mine is a little overgrown and I havn't got a clue what to do with it :unsure:

Depends whether you want to keep it trimmed or get rid of it entirely!

I have good advice on getting rid of - and agree with Melp on the trimming back - you really can't upset it by trimming it!

I have been to Costco and Asda. I bought some black Crocs to wear for work at Costco (I usually pootle around the office in my work clothes and army green Crocs, so I thought'd they'd be less conspicuous if I wore black ones :rolleyes: ). I wouldn't mind, but I've got a hardly worn paid of black ones in the house somewhere but for the life of me I can't find them. I also bought some fluffy egyptian cotton towels for a bargainous £10 for 6 (2 hand, 2 bath, 2 face cloths) :biggrin:

Thank you to those of you who sent me positive money vibes for selling my car :flowers: It sold this morning for more than I hoped for so I am delighted! As a good Karma type thing I'm going to donate some of the 'extra' to Dogstar :biggrin: It won't make them rich but I know even a little makes a huge difference.

Really pleased you got a good price and that the dogs will benefit too :flowers:

Alex, is he good looking though? :wink: If it were me I'd wind em up if he is. :laugh:

Seriously, no :sick01:

Edited by merledogs

Owl, I had an image of Bruno being a big dog and had to look for him in the photos :laugh: Nog made my heart go thud :wub:

RMF : Just heard a rumour in work that apparently I am having an affair with a married colleague. Oh well, at least if they are gossiping about me they're leaving some other poor bugger alone :rolleyes:

I take it you're not then :ph34r_anim:

Hope your joints improve soon Jazz

That's very generous Billydog. Good on ya :flowers:

We're debating whether to have a bbq this evening. The sun is trying to come out but it's quite windy

Thank you so much :GroupHug:

Am off to a bike rally :biggrin: Tosser I live with is looking after the dogs. I have a bike to ride that I am insured on and if I like it then I will be replacing the GS500F :biggrin: It's a Suzuki GS1000E

Love them :biggrin:

Sat here in my leathers

Ooh Mrs

awaiting the bike to arrive. We are off to Ripley in Derbyshire :biggrin: I have packed my camera in the rucksack, shame there is no room for straighteners etc :laugh:

Have a good time Kazz :flowers:

Bruno looks very sweet Snow - and teeny! :wub:

For car-booters - do you usually have to pay to get into a car boot sale if you're not having a "stall"? Only there's one not too far away that I could walk into from the back of the field, but don't want to get into trouble if I am meant to pay to get in. I could do that and then walk to the front to see if I need to pay, I just don't fancy lots of people pointing at me and thinking I'm sneaking in :laugh: I presume you can usually take dogs in too.

AAARGH! AAAAARGH! AAARGH! My cousin has taken it on herself to invite another cousin who I can't stand, and don't want at Mum's funeral. The "unwaned cousin" never bothered with Mum and since she lived in the care home hasn't been to see her, hasn't sent her a birthday or Christmas card and has never asked how she is. Now she's planning to turn up at the funeral. :grrr: :grrr:

I am spitting blood!

AAARGH! AAAAARGH! AAARGH! My cousin has taken it on herself to invite another cousin who I can't stand, and don't want at Mum's funeral. The "unwaned cousin" never bothered with Mum and since she lived in the care home hasn't been to see her, hasn't sent her a birthday or Christmas card and has never asked how she is. Now she's planning to turn up at the funeral. :grrr: :grrr:

I am spitting blood!

Ouch!!! You know what you need to do?

Be polite even if it hurts like hell hunny. :GroupHug: Give her a big enough rope. I had that when my mum died 4 years ago. :( I had to bite my tongue for my Dad's sake. :ohmy: Beleive me it was difficult but I did it. You need to be the stronger one here and hold it together.

I know that sounds harsh hun. but that is what you need to do. :GroupHug: You know we are all here for you. I do know how it feels to lose a Mum and so do a few of us here. :GroupHug: