UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

I don't know if anybody else is in the slightest bit interested in this, but I'm quite pleased :biggrin:

I've just found this link Langford Orthopaedics which, of course, I couldn't find when I was trying to find out some background on the consultants before the op :rolleyes: :blush:

Anyway, Dr Martin Owen is one of the 2 surgeons who operated and is the very lovely man who called me from beside Flora's crate after the op :wub: Chris Shales is the other surgeon who operated and is also the lovely man who we met before the op and who got straight down on the floor to make a fuss of Flora as soon as he met her :wub: and Neil Burton is the lucky man who had to put up with my sobbing as I handed over my girl the day before the op :blush:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Well yesterday Flora tried to talk Georgina into letting her out so that she could go and play on the sand school at the Barn and then tried to prove that she was well enough to do so by attempting to run up a flight of stairs :ohmy: She then tried to convince Lesley Trallwm that she was well enough to be let out of the crate in the van to run in the fields after the rabbits and if she could just unlock the door.... :laugh:

Today she proved that she's feeling well enough to guard the car by barking at every dog that came within sniffing distance of it followed by a dramatic attempt at freedom by legging it down the ramp whilst I was trying to sort her bed out!! :angry: Fortunately for me - unfortunately for her - Auntie Sian was on super alert and caught her before she could go anywhere :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Her staples come out tomorrow but there's another 6 and a half weeks of this resting malarky to go yet :wacko:

Another milestone, she's well on her way now. One day you'll look back and think this was so worth it. :biggrin: :flowers:

I already am :biggrin: :biggrin:

She looked brilliant - I just feel sorry for Sarah having to battle supercharged Flora to try and keep still...

She may be going on holiday for a little while :ninja: I was thinking somewhere nice in West Wales :ninja: She's quite fond of chickens :ninja:

It is a pain wqhen they won't rest isn't it ? I am having the same problem with Holly, she tried to go upstairs with OH yesturday and fell in a heap at thr bottom. no damage done thank goodness, she goes to the vet tomorrow for her 2nd cartiage injection.

So pleased Flora is feeling so well even though it is a bit of a pain, we need all round vision, don't we ?

Barbara

Well that was easier than expected! It was a perfectly normal vet visit for Flora: a few woofs at some bouncy dogs but otherwise she just patiently lay at my feet :wub:

Our vet was absolutely thrilled to see her so relaxed and happy seeing as the last time she'd seen her she was muzzled and hyperventilating with pain and stress :(

She had a good look at her and then went to take the staples out. But they are all gone :rolleyes: She couldn't even find evidence that they'd ever been there so it looks as if they've been gone for a while :rolleyes: I admitted that I'd not been able to see them myself for a bit, but thought the skin may have grown over them :unsure: The wound has healed beautifully though and there is only a tiny bit left open, but it's nice and clean :biggrin:

Just going to add a few more :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: because this was just such a momentous milestone :biggrin:

Edited by dirtychicken