Wound2.jpg

Bruises.jpg

Wound3.jpg

Wound4.jpg

Just look at that tail wagging :wub:

Fi1.jpg

Giving Auntie Fi a big snog :wub:

Fi2.jpg

And this next one perfectly illustrates what I've been saying about how she feels :mellow: One of our cats jumped into the garden whilst Flo was onlead and having her photo taken. She *needed* to say "hello". Please note the taut lead (which just proceeded yanking my poor mum off of her feet!) and the fact that Fi's knuckles are going white with how tightly she's holding on to Flo's collar :laugh:

Cats.jpg

She has finally had a poo tonight :partytime: but there is a lot of blood in it so I'm keeping an eye on it (not the actual poo because I'm not expecting it to do much more than just sit there) :unsure: She's not had a wee all day today and is a bit reluctant to drink much, but this is paired with her still being very bouncy and happy so who knows what's going on?? :wacko:

Edited by dirtychicken

:laugh: :laugh: Only on the refuge could be dancing because a dog has had a poo!!

Sarah, I am so glad that Flora is getting some of the life back in her, though after a couple of days, I dont envy you the next few weeks! :rolleyes:

I hope that Floras wound isnt too sore and that she can have a much needed wee soon. :GroupHug:

:laugh: :laugh: Only on the refuge could be dancing because a dog has had a poo!!

Sarah, I am so glad that Flora is getting some of the life back in her, though after a couple of days, I dont envy you the next few weeks! :rolleyes:

I hope that Floras wound isnt too sore and that she can have a much needed wee soon. :GroupHug:

:D Poos are very important subjects! She hasn't got "some of the life back in her". Honestly. This is a dog who is even better than the one I knew and loved before :wub: even if she is hard work at the moment :laugh: The wound isn't sore at all and doesn't seem to be bothering her in the slightest :flowers:

Wow that really is a much smaller scar than i was expecting.

You and me both! I was expecting some sort of Frankensteinian affair!!! :laugh:

:D Poos are very important subjects! She hasn't got "some of the life back in her". Honestly. This is a dog who is even better than the one I knew and loved before :wub: even if she is hard work at the moment :laugh: The wound isn't sore at all and doesn't seem to be bothering her in the slightest :flowers:

You and me both! I was expecting some sort of Frankensteinian affair!!! :laugh:

Most of that is shaving rash. She looks like she walked next to a barbed wire fence !

Does that wonderful surgeon do plastic surgery on the side ? Id quite like to book an appointment.

She's looking wonderful, Sarah. :wub:

Do you do clicker training with her - you could do lots of learning stuff with her to use her mind while she can't use her body so much. Chin targeting, front paw targeting, focus, settle, self control around food / toys / cats! Teach her to cross her front paws and rest her head on them etc.

I've got a Learning Games book from Learning About Dogs that I'd be happy to lend you for some ideas if you want - otherwise I get the feeling she's going to drive you and herself nuts over the next 8 weeks!

That's such fab news Sarah - am sooooooooo pleased for Miss Fora :wub: :wub:

I'm sure you've thought of it already but I found arnica a massive help with post surgery bruising - it really has worked for me in the past so might be worth a go for Flora if she's not already on it?

Most of that is shaving rash. She looks like she walked next to a barbed wire fence !

Does that wonderful surgeon do plastic surgery on the side ? Id quite like to book an appointment.

She never does well after being shaved, bless her sensitive skin. She's having grapefruit seed extract applied to it regularly :) And Fi did ask the consultant at the pre-op appointment if she could be admitted for her knee op at the same time :laugh:

Do you do clicker training with her - you could do lots of learning stuff with her to use her mind while she can't use her body so much. Chin targeting, front paw targeting, focus, settle, self control around food / toys / cats! Teach her to cross her front paws and rest her head on them etc.

I've got a Learning Games book from Learning About Dogs that I'd be happy to lend you for some ideas if you want - otherwise I get the feeling she's going to drive you and herself nuts over the next 8 weeks!

We haven't done much clicker training lately, admittedly, but she is very quick at learning and works to please me rather than for treats, toys, etc so is a doddle :biggrin: She mostly raised the ginger cats herself so the needing to say hello is very much a maternal need to check they're ok and clean than wanting to chase them out :wink: She's not wanted to be anywhere near them for months though so it's fab to see her wanting to make the effort. Same thing with the broken toys - she's not wanted to play for so long that I don't really care if they need replacing every day :biggrin: although imagine that will change after a few weeks :rolleyes: I've got a book on standby full of ideas for bored dogs although it's a bit rubbish as a lot of it is for dogs who aren't stuck in crates, so I'd love to borrow yours if that's ok :flowers:

Melf - thank you and I'll drop you a PM in a min :flowers:

I'm sure you've thought of it already but I found arnica a massive help with post surgery bruising - it really has worked for me in the past so might be worth a go for Flora if she's not already on it?

She is on it and has been for a little while now, in preparation :flowers: Honey will also be introduced shortly, plus she's also on hypericum and rescue remedy and has several "special" crystals sitting on her collar - I'm taking no chances!!

She has had another poo this morning, but it's very firm, coated in blood and made her cry to pass so I'm hoping that it is just the bruising and the fact that she held it all in for a few days, but will be back to normal soon. Ah the joys of dog poo :laugh:

She has had another poo this morning, but it's very firm, coated in blood and made her cry to pass so I'm hoping that it is just the bruising and the fact that she held it all in for a few days, but will be back to normal soon. Ah the joys of dog poo :laugh:

If it is dried blood then I wouldn't worry about it but if it is fresh then maybe a phone call to one of her vets to check it may be in order because I can't see why she should be bleeding internally.

Hope she is feeling good still this morning

Thankfully, all has returned to normal on the toiletting front :biggrin: No more pain, no more blood :biggrin:

All of those of you who kindly offered to remind me of how bad I felt about her just before the op 6 months after the op, might want to start gloating fairly soon :wacko: :laugh: She is driving me berserk every single time she steps out into the garden :wacko:

Her bruises are all gone :mellow: I mean. Totally. Gone. There is nothing apart from baldness (although her hair is growing back quickly!) and a scabbed over wound to show that anything has happened :blink:

To keep her entertained for a while, I'm thinking of popping her into the back of the car (via the ramp of course) and taking her for little drives to give her a change of scenery. With the dog guard and tail guard up, it's almost exactly the same as her crate anyway, especially if I put the memory foam in there and pad the sides. It might buy me a bit of peace for a while anyway :rolleyes:

I have more photos that I took today to show how the bruises have gone and to show her demonstrating her favourite way to relieve the itching of regrowing hair, but need to get them uploaded :flowers: