UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

Sarah.....

If you happened to put her updates onto the AB sites including the cost of the op then maybe people might stop and think that buying from puppy farmers in general but most of all from the man who runs a builders company and has lots of Floras might not be such a smart idea. Hopefully said builder from Cowbridge wont have any buyers for future generationa of Floras who are not as fortunate as this Flora.

Only trouble with that plan is, my lovely, when I first mentioned on the AB sites that she had HD, the general cry was for her to be pts :mecry: :angry: I've not been back since!

As for today's update................. it's all good news :biggrin: :partytime:

I thought she'd be a bit stiff this morning, but she's walking better than she ever has - no sign of a limp at all!! :mecry: She is dragging me in and out of the garden for her toilet breaks and is spending a good deal of time scratching at the crate door because she wants to come out and play :wacko: Twister got a good sniffing over this morning :wub: and Bran got a good snogging :wub:

This has all sent my plans slightly awry as I was thinking she'd be a bit dopey and quiet for a few days before needing entertaining :wacko: We'll be spending today providing entertainment :laugh:

Verity - I just want to say, once again, THANK YOU for her pyjamas :liebe94: Whilst she's wearing them, her plaster is covered up and so are most of her baldy bits which means that she doesn't need to wear her buster collar :biggrin: Flora would like to say "thank you very much" herself I suspect because not wearing the buster collar means that she can chew her favourite chewies properly :biggrin:

I am absolutely blown away at the change in her :biggrin: Fi worded it perfectly when she first saw her this morning and exclaimed "her worry lines have all gone!" :wub:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am not in the least bit surprised. This is the first time in many months that she has been out of pain. But please be strong and don't give in to her. This will be the hardest part for you but I don't need to say how important it is that she doesn't have any free time at the moment.

Just think what she is going to be like in 3 months time !!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased for you all! I imagine your worry lines have faded too. :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing more pics of Flora during her recovery. :wub:

Reckon you have got it wrong!!!!! :wink:

Sarah is now about to grow another set of worry lines, trying to keep Flora calm and quiet!!!! :laugh:

Glad to see that Flora is full of beans. :wub: :wub: Sarah, why not have a headshave for charity. It will save you from pulling your hair out!!! :laugh:

Edited by greys mum

Reckon you have got it wrong!!!!! :wink:

Sarah is now about to grow another set of worry lines, trying to keep Flora calm and quiet!!!! :laugh:

Glad to see that Flora is full of beans. :wub: :wub: Sarah, why not have a headshave for charity. It will save you from pulling your hair out!!! :laugh:

Was going to say, no but she will be pulling her hair out instead! :laugh:

We will have to have a 'Keep Flora amused' thread. :biggrin:

Well, I am not in the least bit surprised. This is the first time in many months that she has been out of pain. But please be strong and don't give in to her. This will be the hardest part for you but I don't need to say how important it is that she doesn't have any free time at the moment.

Just think what she is going to be like in 3 months time !!!!!!!!!!!

I know :flowers: I also know that it's going to be really hard but these 8 weeks are only 8 weeks and after this it's all better :biggrin: However, she would quite like to go for a 2 mile hike please and thank you :rolleyes:

We went to PAH today and bought a few more toys - a bright pink Dog Pyramid and a Tug-A-Jug and a bigger version of Orca's puppy nylabone toy that she loves so much :wub:

She managed to remove her pyjamas earlier :blink: and her plaster :rolleyes: but her wound is smaller and cleaner than I expected, although she is very bruised around her bottom :unsure: I'll get some more pics tomorrow when her jim-jams come off for washing.

It's so lovely to see her looking so happy :biggrin: Normally she stands in her crate and barks loudly when people come in, but now she's sitting and wagging for all she's worth whilst grinning a huge grin :wub: And for the last few weeks whilst she's been sleeping in her crate, she's been curling up into a tiny ball in the furthest corner, but now she is sprawling out on her back and taking up all of the space available to her :biggrin:

Greys Mum - I did a sponsored headshave 18 months or so ago and my hair has only just grown back to how it was before that (albeit with extra grey hairs :mecry: ) :laugh:

We will have to have a 'Keep Flora amused' thread. :biggrin:

THAT is a very good idea :biggrin:

I have a few things on standby at the moment, but will quickly be running out of ideas if she keeps this level of improvement up :wacko:

Keep a careful eye on the Dog Pyramid - a certain other bulldozer chewed the top off his in under 20 minutes...... to be fair the Company of Animals did give me a heavy duty Kong in exchange for the "indestructible" pyramid when I sent them pics.

How is Bran reacting to having a happy Flora around snogging him?

Edited by buddyboy

She managed to remove her pyjamas earlier :blink: and her plaster :rolleyes: but her wound is smaller and cleaner than I expected, although she is very bruised around her bottom :unsure: I'll get some more pics tomorrow when her jim-jams come off for washing

The arnica that you got will help will the bruising, it should bring it out and help it subside quicker. What a little tinker she is. My Barty was much more accepting of his crating, he settled into the routine of staying put without complaint but then again I guess they are very different personality's. Barty is asleep and snoring now and is happy to do that in between mad dashes around whereas Flora I suspect has a lot more get and go most of the time.

Still, you don't know how delighted I am that things have gone so well. Her future is going to be amazing that this hellish next 8 weeks is going to be nothing.

xxxxxAnne

So pleased she is going so well. I did not need the arnica for Holly, I think the honey helped with bruising and swelling. I suspect she will get stir crazy soon now she is pain free.

Keep up the good work Flora :wub: and try not to wind up Mum too much.

Kisses from Holly.

Barbara

Keep a careful eye on the Dog Pyramid - a certain other bulldozer chewed the top off his in under 20 minutes...... to be fair the Company of Animals did give me a heavy duty Kong in exchange for the "indestructible" pyramid when I sent them pics.

How is Bran reacting to having a happy Flora around snogging him?

Yes. Well. The Tug-A-Jug lasted half an hour before she chewed the top off :rolleyes: and the new nylabone has shavings off and scattered all over her bedding :wacko: so we may be returning to PAH to complain how they couldn't even withstand a little gentle play by a labrador :ninja: :laugh:

Bran is thrilled to have his sister back :wub: I've been taking her out to the garden by herself so far, but let Bran out after she'd finished pottering this morning and she nearly wagged herself in half with pleasure :wub:

She is still wonderful in herself and I've set the fan up near her, which she seems to be enjoying rather than trying to kill as she normally does :wacko: She's not managed to produce a poo yet and hasn't had a wee since yesterday teatime, plus she has blood clots oozing out of her bottom :unsure: Our vet is going to give her some stomach liner (Antepsin) as a precaution but suspects that it's just all linked to the heavy bruising. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all though and I'm going to set her outside crate up later so that she can watch in the sunshine while we cut the grass and perform the ceremonial removing of the temporary fencing :biggrin:

Lesley - you are wonderful :flowers: :mecry:

So glad she's doing so well :wub:

If you're looking for a nylabone type bone to keep her amused, we use the Galileo bones which are really tough and don't splinter and last for ages. The biggest, Flora-size, ones are about £12.99 but they last for ages (so long I never remember when I last bought one) and well worth the money if the dog uses them, which three of mine do. Just don't let get one dropped on a foot, it hurts.