UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been off line for a few days while I travelled down to our house in SW France but had to post this quickly because I am so delighted that Flora is doing so well. She sounds like an absolute nightmare to keep still. Just goes to show how much pain she had been in.

Here's to the next 6 weeks being completely uneventful.

Love

Anne

Thank you all for the continued good thoughts :wub:

I can't believe that it's only 2 weeks since she came home after the op :blink:

The bottom half of her wound is completely healed now and she is just doing amazingly well :wub: Her hair is growing back quickly and it's all soft again now instead of stubbly :wub: She is not moaning about being in her crate when she's in it, although she is demanding more toilet breaks than she was. Sneakily, half of those involve her being let into the garden and then her pouncing on a ball/cat/stick/clump of mud/stone/her brother :err: and so she very quickly finds herself back in her crate :devil:

I will endeavour to get some new photos very soon and I am sorry to repeat myself, but I just cannot thank you all enough for your support :liebe94:

Oh Sarah, I am so pleased for you and Flora. Things have gone so well - it has made my heart sing to hear this happy ending.

All those years ago when Barty's ortho surgeon said to me that he usually sees dogs that crawl into his surgery because they can't walk and bounce back for their after check I didn't really know what he meant - but I do now. Flora's story of pain and suffering those few weeks before her op have really brought it home to me how lucky my Barty is and also how lucky Flora is to have fallen into your home.

Well done and keep up the good work. I don't suppose it will happen to you as you seem to have had rebellion at the start which I didn't have, but the last week of both Barty (and Stitch when he had his spine tumour removed) both seriously rebelled about being confined. Barty had to be physically bundled into the cage and Stitch (being 12.5 yr at the time) was allowed to lie on the lounge floor with us if he didn't move.

:GroupHug: and :flowers: to you and your family

Anne, Barty & Chloe