UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can't be miserable for long with dogs around can you. I've just come across Scooby playing with a pair of my knicks. He had them stuck round his head with his face peering through one of the holes. Trying to chuck them up in the air. :laugh: And no there isn't a pic.

:laugh: :laugh: I caught Tia eating a pair of mine last night! :rolleyes:

I have been an absent fugee recently, Pops, my father in law lost his very couragous battle against cancer on November 11th. He passed over to a better place warm in his own bed with his wife and eldest son (hubs) at his side.

Due to family having to travel, Pops, funeral isnt until Friday 5th Dec and the past few weeks have been a flurry of arranging, paying, sorting what seems to be an endless list of "must do's".

My eldest daughter Charis, who adored by and adored her Grampy, is 18 on Wednesday and is burdened by guilt at wanting to celebrate when her heart says she should be mourning.

Hubs, i can only say, i am very proud of, he has kept his smile, shared his tears and battled through his grief to support his mom and reassure Charis that she and her birthday are special and worthy of celebrating, he has made time to buy her a special (i havent seen it) dad to daughter present, arranged a meal for al of us and done everything "expected" of an eldest son.

Ive done what i do, ensured the paper work is in order, bills paid, home run, arrangements arranged and smile painted on face.

Everything that needs to be done, is now done and that means by brain is no longer busy so i have time to think, time to reflect on a 28 year friendship with a i man i called Pops, loved like a dad and respected as an elder, a gentleman, a father, grandfather and father in law, time to realise im not as strong as i thought, as each day turns in to the next i find myself fearful of not doing "it" (what ever it is) right, scared i may not support my hubs the "right" way, scared an arrangement isnt arranged properly and scared of the fact that as sure as im here, eventually both myself and hubs will be parentless.

I know im luckier than most in that i have some fantastic, wonderful friends who quietly watch over me in the back ground to make sure that im ok when im busy making sure everyone else is ok, i know deep down that when the going gets tough, my lot (kids, hubs and i) draw strengh from each other and get through everything and everything, but the loss of a parent is something thankfully new to us and im scared i wont know how/will not be able to carry us through it.

Can i be selfish please and ask that you send my baby the love and laughter she needs to celebrate her 18th in the way her Grampy would want her to, my Pops the love needed to guide him to heaven where he will see his son, Paul again, and us as a family, the strengh we need to get through each of the coming days in the next week :flowers:

Charis must celebrate her special day. Pops would have wanted that and she musn't feel guilty about enjoying herself.

You have a wonderful family Mrs D and should be very proud of yourself for bringing them up to be as loved and loving as they are.

You will give hubs all the support and love that he needs and it will be the right way! but you need to focus on yourself sometimes and make sure that you're coping too.

Your freinds will always be there for you no matter what and you shouldn't feel guilty about offloading to them sometimes [are you listening?]

Take time for YOU.

Much love to Charis for her birthday and to you all for being the wonderful people you are :GroupHug: :wub:

Well you can't be miserable for long with dogs around can you. I've just come across Scooby playing with a pair of my knicks. He had them stuck round his head with his face peering through one of the holes. Trying to chuck them up in the air. :laugh: And no there isn't a pic.

:laugh: :laugh:

He was walking a lot better today, so I'm still hoping he can still make the Westonbirt walk in a couple of weeks.

:pinkie: :elefant: :partytime:

I've just come across Scooby playing with a pair of my knicks. He had them stuck round his head with his face peering through one of the holes.

Please tell me that they weren't crotchless :unsure: :mellow:

Let's play a little game. Can you guess how I'm feeling right now? I'll give you some clues....

thumb_COLD_MSN_Emoticons_(1).gif 1241_tongue_frozen_to_a_pole.gif cold.gif e263.gif blizzard_4.gif

Getting the picture yet? :wink:

:pinkie: :elefant: :partytime:

Please tell me that they weren't crotchless :unsure: :mellow:

Let's play a little game. Can you guess how I'm feeling right now? I'll give you some clues....

thumb_COLD_MSN_Emoticons_(1).gif 1241_tongue_frozen_to_a_pole.gif cold.gif e263.gif blizzard_4.gif

Getting the picture yet? :wink:

But Sarah at least you are yours are dry, remember this time last year?, damp against cold..... I woulds rather be cold :GroupHug:

Are you nice and toasty warm Sarah?!

We're trying to keep the heating off as much as possible as our blimming gas bill almost doubled this month and that was before the cold weather really kicked in! :( We bought two cheap hot water bottles and I put those in the bed about an hour before we go up to warm the bed up a bit and that has helped. Going to get the chimney swept soon so we can start using the fire too.

Are you nice and toasty warm Sarah?!

We're trying to keep the heating off as much as possible as our blimming gas bill almost doubled this month and that was before the cold weather really kicked in! :( We bought two cheap hot water bottles and I put those in the bed about an hour before we go up to warm the bed up a bit and that has helped. Going to get the chimney swept soon so we can start using the fire too.

The cheapest form of heating is an electric blanket. I couldnt survive without mine !

The cheapest form of heating is an electric blanket. I couldnt survive without mine !

I love my electric blanket :wub: I also have a fab set of bedding that is flanelette. I bought it from a boot sale for a fiver a few years back and it warms up sooooooooo well that it makes getting out of bed very difficult :wub: :wink:

I'm trying not to put the heating on unless I have washing to dry as well, but it has suddenly got so much colder! I'm sat here wrapped in a double duvet so I'm warming up well :wink:

Are there any TRPD people about? I want to bid for some coats in the auction that ends tonight but can't work out what the measurements they give are, or where on the board I can find/ask for that information :wacko:

If it says "24inch greyhound/whippet coat" does that mean from the back of the neck to the top of the tail, or from the chest fastenings along to the bum?

There's a royal blue coat with black collar that would be right up Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess's boulevard but I don't know if it will fit.

Brrrr I'm cold too. Took D&F out together this morning. Gave Fleur another walk on her own with her balls just before it got dark - icy pizzy drizzle. Having a cuppa to warm up before I take Dex out to chase his laser light for 20mins.

RMF I have my long johns on :unsure:

Jacqui and family :GroupHug: Can't add to what has already been said :GroupHug: