UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

Timmy just plonked himself on my lap, put his paws round my neck and shoved his nose in my face as if to let me know I'd been neglecting him all day :laugh: :wub:

Aw bless him :wub:

Charis's grandad wouldn't want her not to celebrate her 18th. She should raise a glass to him and have the best fun she can :flowers:

Everything is white here as we had a really heavy frost again last night :biggrin:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have a pair of boots from them. Could never get a pair of boots to comfortably fit before but now I have comfy boots :)

Yup, I have a pair (can't get them on atm 'cos I have put weight on :( ) they are lovely and the only place I could get fat legged boots

Thank you :elefant: :elefant: I'll find a tape measure and measure my calfs to see if I can get some nice boots....

Can i be selfish please and ask that you send my baby the love and laughter she needs to celebrate her 18th in the way her Grampy would want her to, my Pops the love needed to guide him to heaven where he will see his son, Paul again, and us as a family, the strengh we need to get through each of the coming days in the next week :flowers:

Not selfish at all Jacqui, huge loving thoughts for you, your family and all who knew your Pops. Best wishes to Charis for her 18th and may she raise a glass to a man she was blessed to know and have in her life. :flowers:

I have been an absent fugee recently, Pops, my father in law lost his very couragous battle against cancer on November 11th. He passed over to a better place warm in his own bed with his wife and eldest son (hubs) at his side.

Due to family having to travel, Pops, funeral isnt until Friday 5th Dec and the past few weeks have been a flurry of arranging, paying, sorting what seems to be an endless list of "must do's".

My eldest daughter Charis, who adored by and adored her Grampy, is 18 on Wednesday and is burdened by guilt at wanting to celebrate when her heart says she should be mourning.

Hubs, i can only say, i am very proud of, he has kept his smile, shared his tears and battled through his grief to support his mom and reassure Charis that she and her birthday are special and worthy of celebrating, he has made time to buy her a special (i havent seen it) dad to daughter present, arranged a meal for al of us and done everything "expected" of an eldest son.

Ive done what i do, ensured the paper work is in order, bills paid, home run, arrangements arranged and smile painted on face.

Everything that needs to be done, is now done and that means by brain is no longer busy so i have time to think, time to reflect on a 28 year friendship with a i man i called Pops, loved like a dad and respected as an elder, a gentleman, a father, grandfather and father in law, time to realise im not as strong as i thought, as each day turns in to the next i find myself fearful of not doing "it" (what ever it is) right, scared i may not support my hubs the "right" way, scared an arrangement isnt arranged properly and scared of the fact that as sure as im here, eventually both myself and hubs will be parentless.

I know im luckier than most in that i have some fantastic, wonderful friends who quietly watch over me in the back ground to make sure that im ok when im busy making sure everyone else is ok, i know deep down that when the going gets tough, my lot (kids, hubs and i) draw strengh from each other and get through everything and everything, but the loss of a parent is something thankfully new to us and im scared i wont know how/will not be able to carry us through it.

Can i be selfish please and ask that you send my baby the love and laughter she needs to celebrate her 18th in the way her Grampy would want her to, my Pops the love needed to guide him to heaven where he will see his son, Paul again, and us as a family, the strengh we need to get through each of the coming days in the next week :flowers:

Of course Charis should celebrate,her Grampa loved her and would want her to !

You wont fail and do you know why ? The answer is in your post.

You had a long and wonderful friendship with Pops. He had a very strong and positive influence in your life and he taught you how he would do it all. You are carrying out what he would have done himself. So how can you possibly fail ?

We should all mourn his passing. In the age of families failing and racial hatred he was obviously a cut above a lot of others in his age group.

We need more like him not less or everyone of us will suffer the loss.

His Grandchildren are a testament to a good solid moral family. They have a mission in life now to behave as his lessons taught. So a little less sadness and a little more living life is in order.

Mourn him yes but understand the legacy he has left you and value every breath you and your children take. As an outsider looking in Pops was an awesome man who gave you all the greatest gifts in life so smile and enjoy such treasures as he would want you to.

morning :flowers:

Lovely to see a picture of Max at home :wub:

Jacqui :GroupHug: I hope Charis has a lovely birthday :flowers:

Had a fab trip to the spa hotel, a lovely lazy healthy relaxing day.....then a complete piss up and giggle at night! :laugh:

Last night I got to meet my new 'neice' :wub: She is still in special care and a bit poorly but she is gorgeous and tiny and I can't wait to give her a big cuddle :wub: :wub: Her name is Olivia :wub:

:GroupHug: for Jacqui

:flowers: Happy Birthday to Charis

:GroupHug: for Max and his lovely waggy tail

:GroupHug: for Ingipops niece

and :GroupHug: for anyone who needs one.

Its an awful day here again,grey and quite dark. The dogs and I went over the fields this morning and all got soaked with the fine drizzly rain. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the lady turns up to see Poppy. They seem to be put off by her lump but most old ladies have a few lumps and bumps, I should know! :rolleyes:

My hubby is excitedly poring through brochures looking at motobility cars. We have never had a new car before,ours are usually in their teens by the time we get them,so he is really chuffed at the thought of driving something brand new.I am leaving him to it. :laugh: x

I've been such a miserable sod today. It's not like me.

Hope today is better for you :flowers:

Wow, the girl has got style :biggrin: I was wearing a tutu and tiara the other day and the boys thought I was being very wierd :huh:

:laugh:

Not selfish at all, but a very difficult time for you all :GroupHug: :flowers:

I got greeted by a happy waggy Max this morning when I came down :wub:

:biggrin:

Had a fab trip to the spa hotel, a lovely lazy healthy relaxing day.....then a complete piss up and giggle at night!

Life's all about getting the balance right :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for Poppy :flowers:

I am not in a good mood today either, but will try to clear my head and have a nice walk with the dogs later. :wub:

Jacqui, you were all blessed to have had such a wonderful man in your lives and I have no doubt that you'll continue to support your family in exactly the way they need - as you always do :wub: I hope that Charis realises that her Grampa would have wanted her to enjoy her birthday and has a wonderful day :flowers: :GroupHug: to you all for your loss.

:biggrin: Very glad to hear that Max is feeling so well today :wub:

My wonderful poopie didn't wake me up until 10 o'clock this morning :partytime: and then I had a lovely cuddle and fuss with Flora while Bran ate his breakfast :wub: The kids are now up, we're shortly heading off to PC World with my mum to look at graphics tablets and compact printers :wacko: and then me and my muttlies are going for a nice big walk :wub:

Missus Yantan - please can you say hello to the Bert family for me if you see them today? :flowers:

:GroupHug: I'm so sorry Jacqui :GroupHug: Sounds as though you have a wonderful family who will look after each other at such a sad time.

I hope Charis can enjoy her birthday, imagining Pops by her side celebrating it with her. Charis shouldn't feel guilty about celebrating her birthday, with her friends and family around her :flowers: Rob found out his granddad had died just as he was about to go on stage to play a gig, hundreds of miles from home. He decided his granddad would have wanted him to do it, he was very proud of Rob and what he has achieved through his music. I hope Charis can find the strength too and enjoy herself, because Pops wouldn't want her to be miserable on her special day, would he.

we're back from a nice walk in the park. Wish I'd had the camera because Cherry was playing on the skateboard run, (without a skateboard!) she was so funny once she got the hang of it. :laugh: :wub: Even Spike took a run at a small hump all by himself. He was walking a lot better today, so I'm still hoping he can still make the Westonbirt walk in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Max's pics :wub:

"interesting" book Laura. :laugh:

I'm just going to make chicken and chips for dinner :D

Edited by houndzrus

Afternoon

Fog has cleared and left a bright sunny day.

Pleased to hear how well Max is doing today. :wub:

Jacqui I'm so sorry you've lost Pops. He was a special man by the sounds of it and his legacy is left behind in your wonderful family. We all of us have to go sometime and while we're here we should live our life well and be happy where we can. I believe Pops will be at the party. You won't be able to see him but he'll know what's going on and he won't want anyone to be sad. Obviously you do grieve. It's only natural. It's hard to get used to them not being here any more. You already sound as though you are doing very well with organising everything. He'll be very proud of you all. My heart goes out to all of you at this dreadful time. :GroupHug: