UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Owl you could well be right about people forgetting what day it is. I know we do. I went out to clap last night a few minutes before 8pm as I was hot. Next door was giving her shopping list to our lovely next-door-but-one neighbour. I told them I wasn't earwigging but out there ready to clap. They were both suprised, one had forgotten and the other hadn't realised the time.

• Like 1

The sunshine continues on the costa Edinburgh. but with a cold wind. Each day the temperature rises one  degree from the day before.

I bet, by the time lockdown is eased the sun will be worn out and it will be dull and wet.

My son lives in a small crescent of 14 houses. Yesterday at lunchtime, four cars with balloons hanging from them, went round the crescent peeping their horns. They went round again and stopped half way. Several people of all ages  got out with  balloons and a banner  and stood on the grass in the middle of the crescent, facing one of the houses.  They proceeded to sing Happy Birthday to one of the residents who was 90. She stood at the door weeping. They then passed in a basket of flowers and an arrangement of flowers and a present. 

What a lovely thing to do.

We had the usual people  out clapping last night and you could hear the  clapping from the rest of the estate.

Had a lovely long walk with Cleo yesterday. We found a new  field to walk in. Only saw a couple of dog walkers but several people out on bikes. I came home through the retail park and there was a long queue to get into Halfords, a medium queue for Pets at Home and a long queue   for Sainsbury's.

Queueing has become a way of life.

• Like 1

Nice one Jazz!

I bet the lady was overwhelmed, Blackmagic.  Lovely thing to do for her.

Eve, if you'd asked me yesterday how things were going I'd have said ok.  Today, not so much.

Owl, my daughter found a blackbirds nest in their hedge.  One day there was one egg, next day two, third day back to one and now none at all.  Magpies?

I hope your feeling ok suzeanna. it does wipe you out xx

ive put the ramp in place in the bedroom, bindi and mouse will appreciate it. just wondering if I need to put something against it to stop it moving. had an email from Tesco saying I have priority, so the form must have gone through

Suzeanna, magpies or jackdaws, any of the crow family will steal eggs. Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening.

Went to reserve, van behaved very well with indicators working fine now the lubricant has penetrated all through the unit.  All kinds of waterfowl with broods of youngsters paddling along with them, Arctic terns, and great excitement because a nightingale has been singing there in the evenings. Talked to birders at the proper distance, and by chance met an acquaintance out with his vizslas. By then we were in the van and Wispa in crate so no altercations. Wispa did bark but the younger viz aged 16 weeks, little wirehaired chap called Zoltan, came up to the van and told her off in no uncertain terms for barking at his big bruv Gustav.  Feisty fellow.  

• Like 1

On the way in to the dog paddock Henry knocked Ruby over this morning which reduced her to tears. Just the stress of everything coming out really.

She got a call this morning from the hospital with an appointment for a week on Wednesday for her 1st chemo session so as to give her some nice quiet time for the week beforehand Henry and May will travel to be under the dog psychologist's care on Tuesday. 

We are spoiling them a little bit for the rest of their time with us.

Black magic that was a lovely thing for the old lady's family to do for her 👍

Fancy young Zoltan sticking up for his big bruv by telling Wispa off 😂😂

• Like 1

Don't know if you and Ruby drink anything alcoholic, but a nice long bath and a glass of wine might make her feel better.  She's bound to be stressed even if she's good at hiding it! Not surprised she was knocked over, staffies are hefty little devils. 

I don't feel too bad at present but it seems to be worse the next day.  I've got the weekend off at least.  Much more traffic in Sheffield today, and a lot more people walking. 

• Like 1

Suzeanna enjoy your weekend off

Yantan...I hope Ruby is o.k, staffies are clumsy sods at the best of times, their skulls are like armour plating! And they have literally no concept of personal space. If I can help... even though I am a million miles away, give me a shout...if you can't get hand sanitizer, antibacterial hand wash or anything else...if I can find it for you, I will happily send it

Because of this pandemic and the shortage of hand sanitizer, I went mooching through the drawers in the kitchen, and the drawers in my bedroom....I must have bought so much when I was scared witless when I started my chemo infusions....I have found enough small bottles of hand sanitizer to look after an old fella up the road, my mum dad me and Steve, my neighbours and still have around 2 bottles left...so from a horrible situation I was in has come  a positive, by the time I tried to buy hand sanitizer it was all gone.

My cousin messaged... it is her sisters birthday... can I make a video message so they can edit it and send it....I said I would but I wanted to make sure I looked A1 first...so dyed my hair again... just incase lol

Edited by griff