UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

That does sound rather nasty, Suzeanna. Hope it goes well for you.

Things are looking up with grandson but we'll see how long it lasts. 

Two nights ago he didn't get any pudding as he didn't eat all his dinner. He usually manages to get round that rule with various ploys but daddy took away the unfinished dinner and said 'no pudding'. GS was shocked by this but didn't complain. However, at bedtime he wouldn't listen to his story and was acting the fool all the time so mum walked out and left him. We then had an evening of him 'singing'. talking non stop, running about upstairs, throwing things down the stairs. 

I explained they had changed the rules by not giving in to him and that was why he was reacting. 

But, last night, despite saying he didn' t like the meat and gravy in his steak pie- without ever tasting it- he ate all his dinner when reminded  no pudding.

He lost his computer time today after his behaviour over his breakfast and has accepted that instead of constantly asking if he can have it accompanied by all sorts of promises- which usually works.

This afternoon he came with me for a walk with Cleo and was no problem.  When we came back he wanted to learn  to knit so him and I sat down and had a pleasant time as I showed him what to do and he tried to do it. Mum  came back from shopping and  he proudly showed her what he had done. Then he asked her to do it with him and that started the moaning, complaining and  frustration. 

He winds her up. 

• Like 1

Well done blackmagic. You are a making a difference to all their lives 👍

We are both very sorry to hear about Suzanne's appointment today. Its been a bad day as Ruby also got bad news. It's highly likely the cancer will recur even though they told her initially it was very unlikely but if the test numbers were up a bit she would get a mild form of chemo. However the numbers came back at a very high level. As the oncologist said "unfortunately you've hit the cancer jackpot".

So starting in about 3 weeks time she has to undergo an aggressive course of chemo. This means, as her immune system will be severly supressed, she (and me) will have to be in quarantine for 16 weeks. The only time she can leave the house is to go to the hospital fo the chemo. We can't go for walks but can go out in the garden.

We can't have the dogs here either but the rescue have moved fast and they are going to kennels with the dog psychologist taking over their rehabilitation and house training. They will come back to us afterwards but all the hard work will be done. They stay here until just before Ruby starts chemo.

My brain is fried so I'm off to bed.

Marion, huge hugs to you both and I think you are awesome having the dogs back afterwards....I think despite awful news, a positive has come from it, the poochies will get the help directly from the psychologist and when Ruby is back in her feet, you can have your little fur pals home. There's no way you could have coped with the dogs and the chemo. I am too far away to be any real help but if Ruby has any questions, if I can answer them I will.....I was quite lucky with my IV chemo, my nausea only lasted a few days at a time, do you know if Ruby has had her flu jab and the pneumonia jab....I only ask as I got double pneumonia after my first infusion so if she hasn't had it, might be worth asking the gp if she could have it now... it's not a live vaccine so perfectly safe to have.

• Like 1

im so sorry both of you xxxx

its nice out there, but 6am it was icy. Between me and bertie, we didn't get much sleep. I don't know if the people will wait however long for him now. between now and 6 the GP will ring. last day to see what asda will bring tomorrow.

love to all. be safe xxx

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Ruby's news. It is a scary prospect and a lot to take in, but the nurses are very good at explaining everything.

It is good the dogs are going to get first hand help from the dog psychologist. Poor things have had such a difficult life so far . Why are some animals  and humans given such a bad life? I always think animals ask for so little in life.

Afterwards you will be able to help them on their way to a better future.

• Like 1

A minor blip compared to what others are facing, but it is indeed the indicator stalk which is kaput and is shorting things out. Mechanic and friends are trying to source one, and I have posted on Kangoo owners group. Would be stupid to have to scrap van for the sake of an indicator stalk, when it it is so good otherwise. Meanwhile we are grounded. Wispa not pleased. 

Yesterday when my neighbour (owner of Wispa's collie friend Flynn) left my shopping on my doorstep I was very moved to find a bunch of carnations on top of it! Such a nice thought. She gets a few things for me when she goes to Asda every week. 

• Like 1

Shame no one will remember the hand signals that were used in the past Owl..they'd probably just think you were making rude signs at them!

It's amazing how much you want to move when you are told you absolutely must not.  No sooner had he said keep completely still now, than I  got a terrible itch on the side of my nose!  Got a painful neck now as I had to have my head turned.  They've changed the times for my treatments tomorrow and Thursday, they were meant to be early afternoon, now they are both 7.20 in the evening.  Hopefully that will mean quieter traffic in Sheffield.

• Sad 1

I'm sorry you are having a crappy time Suzeanna. Wishing you the best of luck with the treatments and hoping you see an improvement.

I hope you get a compatible indicator stalk Owl and it's nice and cheap! 

It was indeed very kind of your neighbour to leave flowers. These crappy times have brought out the best in many people. Shame about those who have done nothing but show their bad sides and selfishness.

Our neighbours next door but one have been ace in looking out for us. He often drops a newspaper off for me and refuses payment and they will both pick us up things we need that I can't get in the weekly delivery. We've told them about Ruby and they have said "anything you need, you ask us and we'll sort it". He will give my little Panda an occasional run to keep her ticking over and if Ruby's car needs petrol to go to the hospital for the chemo he will take it and fill it for her. 

The nutty neighbour at the other side who has blanked me recently, as is her wont from time to time,  spotted me outside with the dogs so came to over to see them, me in the middle of the garden her out on the pavement. When I said they weren't house trained and May was posing a problem in that department she disappeared off to her house to return with a pack of 100 puppy pads for which she refused all payment. You never know how she's going to be. I've asked another neighbour to put her in the picture about our quarantine period as I don't want her coming in the garden to knock on our door complaining that the sky is the wrong shade of blue over our house if the notion takes her.

Griff thanks for the advice. I'll catch you on WhatsApp at some point to ask questions.

• Like 1

Whenever I count my blessings, I count Andy the mechanic twice. We could have obtained the indicator unit but he decided to strip it down and clean it first, had the steering column off and everything. It now works perfectly.

Neighbour is laying the drive blocks outside his place and a part of mine tomorrow, so the plan is for us to clear off to the reserve first thing with provisions on board and stay there all day.

• Like 2