UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

my town is full of cycle tracks. you see a lot of bikes at the train station, but still need the train to get to work. Its normally so crowded my daughter in law has to either stand or sit in the luggage bit. How many trains would they need for social distancing on them?

Awwww Yantan, hopefully it will click in the near future with may

I get the bus and it says "try" to stay 2 metres apart, I get on and had to the back with the thinking that the bus is best filled front to back

Steve said he still feels bad and felt light headed taking the dog out, I have been up and down myself all night. I don't know if I have a bug or if it's all the stress from next door affecting me

My son cycles to work in Edinburgh and has done for many years. it takes him 40 minutes each way.

When the weather is bad and he hasĀ  to use the car he gets frustrated at the stop/start journey.Ā  and having to wait in queues.

He is missing it now as he is working from home so he gets up early and goes for a cycle before coming home to work.

Ā 

Yantan, if you think how long a puppy takes toĀ  housetrain May is like that. ButĀ  she has been in the habit of just going where she is for much longer.Ā  She has not learned how to tell you she need to go out. You need to treat her like a young pup.

You may need toĀ  juggle feeding timesĀ  so she doesn'tĀ  need to go during the night.Ā  A walk before bedtime usually helps.

Many previously house trained dogs lose it forĀ  a while when they go to new home as they are stressed in a new environment with unknown people.

Do you go out with her and give her plenty of praise andĀ  and a reward atĀ  theĀ  time when she does go outside?

Ā 

My grandson had problems controlling his emotions so can quickly dissolve into extreme anger over even little things such as now, the buttonĀ  to release the nozzleĀ  on the vacuumĀ  Ā not working first time. When weĀ  first came here Cleo was frightened by hisĀ  outbursts but in the last week when sheĀ  hears him starting to getĀ  angry she goes to him and nuzzles him or lies beside him.Ā  A the moment she is lying beside him giving him paws and he is talking to her and stroking her and has calmed down again.Ā 

Ā 

Wet and windy this morning but getting brighter now

Ā 

Ā 

I know it probably seems like forever Yantan, but you've only had them..erm..a week? or is it two? I'm losing track of time!Ā  Everything must be so new and scary to her, it's going to take some time to desensitive.Ā  If she's as bad in a month and you really are at the end of your tether about it then you might have to make a decision.Ā  Keep him and let her go back to rescue or let them both go.Ā  Hopefully it won't come to that but I for one would completely understand it if you did.Ā  We fostered a golden retrieverĀ  about fifteen years ago for IRR, we were just meant to assess her for a new home, not to keep her.Ā  She wasn't housetrained and I got nowhere with it for the two weeks we had her.Ā  I was getting desperate, however thoroughly I cleaned, the smell of wee lingered! She came in season so they took her somewhere else to be cared for until she could be spayed, and she got a lovely home with another of her breed at a stables, where she could pee where she wanted!

I'm wondering how many companies will keep staff working from home, even when they are cleared to go back.Ā  Philip is a systems analyst for BT and they are all working from home very smoothly, having meeting on Teams and Skype if needed.Ā  He's rather pleased that it's working well, as if there comes a time he needs to be at home all the time either for me or if I've snuffed it to look after Candy, it won't be a problem.

Is your grandson autistic, Blackmagic? My youngest one is and he flies into awful rages if things upset him, he's only six at the moment and if he keeps it up as he gets older, it could be dangerous.Ā  He's pushed his twin sister down the stairs and he hits her, and his mum. He does leave his older brother and his dad alone though.Ā  He's broken two tv's throwing things at them in a temper.

I got my post arse about face...I think the bus should fill back to front so the 2metre space works

Blackmagic, dogs are sooooo smart

Suzeanna, I have said the same... it's amazing when someone asks please could I work from home they are told no, now miraculously it's possible! I bet a lot of companies will reduce office size after this is all over

Next door are now digging up the people at the ends strip of land, why you would give someone permission to take 3 ft of your property is beyond me!

Black magic May and Henry have been psychologically damaged and she has yet to toilet outside! Henry is getting there and gets lots of praise and a treat when he does toilet outside. May sees this but she has sensory overload outside. Even a bluebell blowing in the breeze throws her.Ā 

We are trying to find someone to come & fit us a solid gate at the end of the tiny passage way from the lane to our backdoor so we can provide a quiet, area for her to toilet with fewer distractions in the hope that that works.

They are here to be assessed for the rescue and have some basic training, which is coming along. They now can do sit and sit and stay &Ā understand 'move' and 'down'. Not at all bad in just a few days.Ā 

They cannot be walked yet as they cannot cope with the big wide world. We are introducing them slowly and steadly to the back lane as a start.

This coming week they are going to have off-lead time in an enclosed exercise paddock to see how they cope with that.

We are following the advice given by the rescues dog psychologist šŸ‘

Ā 

• Like 1

its so hard when they come in like that. hugo was left in a pen with 7 others, so when he came here didn't know 'inside'. took 6 months to housetrain, ruined all the furniture. A year on still terrified of anything outside the bungalow and garden, so loving and looks after the fosters.Ā 

just watched how clever crows are. I threw out a load of bacon that wasn't nice in the freezer. defrosted it and threw it outside. the seagulls just landed, grabbed and flew off. the crows picked at each piece, laid them out, then rolled it all up so it could hold it all, and flew away

ive ordered Chinese for tea, I deserve a takeaway after this week

Early days still, Yantan.Ā  Hope you can find someoneĀ to fit that gate, sounds like a good idea.

25C in my back garden yesterday. Now 5C on thermometer in same place. Heating on. I am relieved that theĀ weather has turned colder as it might stop the mad rush to theĀ coast and to beauty spots in England after people have justĀ been told they can exercise as much as they like and drive to do so, no restrictions on distance.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

bugger. foster will have to stay here for how long? good job hes so good

can rescues travel to get dogs? your dogs come from the pound did you say? That was allowed. just need dogs to be picked up from homes. if a rescue is classed as work, and they can go back to work, would they be allowed?